Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084954 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2730 on: September 14, 2012, 12:36:07 pm »

Whats our outfit name, and do we have an emblem already? (i mean the "main" NC outfit, i'll get in, eventually.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: September 14, 2012, 02:25:51 pm »

Whats our outfit name, and do we have an emblem already? (i mean the "main" NC outfit, i'll get in, eventually.)
It's just called "Bay 12 Temporary" because the name Bay 12 was already taken. There's no emblem, but it might be cool to have one. We'll be the main Bay 12 outfit when the next character wipe rolls around- I have always been of the opinion that things won't go very smoothly if we split into different outfits. Like I was saying earlier I think it would be best to just set our faction opinions aside to play together. Right now the temp outfit is NC. I'll add, the short story contest is ongoing for which faction we play though NC is currently winning that too.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: September 14, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »

Does someone just go around taking up popular names or something? I don't see how Bay12 could be related to anything but dwarf fortress.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: September 14, 2012, 03:32:19 pm »

No, it's the result of some former attempt to make a Bay 12 outfit. There were at least a couple upstarts before that didn't get a lot of members.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: September 14, 2012, 11:00:34 pm »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: September 14, 2012, 11:07:43 pm »

Just another day fighting for the congolmerate.

Spoiler: LARGE IMAGES (click to show/hide)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2736 on: September 15, 2012, 01:34:12 am »

It's just called "Bay 12 Temporary" because the name Bay 12 was already taken. There's no emblem, but it might be cool to have one. We'll be the main Bay 12 outfit when the next character wipe rolls around- I have always been of the opinion that things won't go very smoothly if we split into different outfits. Like I was saying earlier I think it would be best to just set our faction opinions aside to play together. Right now the temp outfit is NC. I'll add, the short story contest is ongoing for which faction we play though NC is currently winning that too.

Even Reddit only runs one outfit. (East 2, VS) Splitting things up just doesn't work right now.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: September 15, 2012, 08:26:03 am »

Well, I did what I could with my story... If you all are just so insistent on being NC property, then I guess I'll just have to do my best to take you all down myself... Thought you were better than that, Bay12... thought you were better than that. :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2738 on: September 15, 2012, 09:40:37 am »

Its not as if it matters. Picking a faction is almost as meaningless as picking a football team or picking horde/alliance in WoW. It all comes down to personal preference.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: September 15, 2012, 09:59:40 am »

The factions are different. It is about personal preference. Bay 12 wants to be unified, so whichever group has the most preference will be selected. Faction matters. Not everyone wants to play as an alien in a purple suit, but still might want to play with as many Bay 12ers as possible.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: September 15, 2012, 11:35:41 am »

NC have the easymode Reaver, a OHK sniper rifle, and the toughest main battle tank which definitely mops the floor with the Prowler.

I went back to VS, personally. Also, there's something fun about destroying Vanguards with a Magrider like a boss. :V
(Being blown up in a quarter second in a scythe without being able to tell what is shooting you or from where is less fun - in that case it turns out it was a reaver's main cannon. I prefer the magrider so much more than the scythe. I shot a reaver out of the sky yesterday with the main cannon while it was flying horizontally towards a base tower.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:37:18 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43:42 am »

Is PS2 going to be F2P? I heard it was going to be,  but the FAQ says that they are still considering their buisness model.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2742 on: September 15, 2012, 11:47:30 am »

It's going to be F2P.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: September 15, 2012, 11:48:45 am »

Alright.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: September 15, 2012, 01:23:18 pm »

But you can buy "Alpha squad" for some in-game shit
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 826