Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084950 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3900 on: November 14, 2012, 12:36:11 pm »

Oh dear god.
I just got disconnected for no real reason. I guess they are enforcing profanity now >.>
I guess i'll just turn the profanity filter back on.

E:
That or the server is now full and i got kicked for no fucking reason at all. God fucking damnit.

E:
Or i just got a ban for the profanity. I have no idea.

E:
HOLY FUCK.
I was running towards a base.
Suddenly 3 galaxies that are all completely filled up arrive, and empty at one of the towers of the base i was heading to.
I'm guessing enclave.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:13:08 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3901 on: November 14, 2012, 02:35:45 pm »

E:
HOLY FUCK.
I was running towards a base.
Suddenly 3 galaxies that are all completely filled up arrive, and empty at one of the towers of the base i was heading to.
I'm guessing enclave.
Odd that they were even allowed to bring it into a Hot Battle Site. What were the NC there doing or was it a Cold site???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: November 14, 2012, 02:58:32 pm »

There was nearly noone there tough. And we pushed far up. around NS offices. Anti-vehicle gate and two towers, three points.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: November 14, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »

There was nearly noone there tough. And we pushed far up. around NS offices. Anti-vehicle gate and two towers, three points.
What were you doing there then...
Last checked Enclave hangs out in Aermish...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: November 15, 2012, 05:07:06 pm »

Beta keys for those that want 'em:
ER6HPZH3GDGCDXXZJKR6
9Z637NP9JACCK63RFMZZ
D6EKHNCR64D4H4A94JMJ
PK33FNF23D9HHRXFR3HM
D9KECRRX69M2T6ERZ36A
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3905 on: November 16, 2012, 07:03:20 am »

Last day of the beta today. Servers go down at 11:59 pm PT(GMT-8).

edit:

Once the beta closes, you may as well uninstall the beta client, Smedley has posted that on launch you will need to do a full reinstall. which has been posted in the forumsas being around 18Gb.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:13:54 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: November 16, 2012, 10:18:11 am »

I'm going to put PS2 beta in a .rar and keep it.
No idea why tough.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: November 16, 2012, 11:13:51 am »

I used to think a 200 gb per month data cap wasn't unreasonable... now I'm starting to have second thoughts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3908 on: November 16, 2012, 11:15:41 am »

I used to think a 200 gb per month data cap wasn't unreasonable... now I'm starting to have second thoughts.
I'd blow that in a week... then again I do a lot of data transfer for my servers and development projects as well as video encoding.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: November 16, 2012, 11:17:04 am »

Long live unlimited data caps! HUZZAH!
Seriously, I don't go through major distributers anymore because data caps are lame.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3910 on: November 16, 2012, 01:25:15 pm »

Unfortunately, Smedley has just announced that there will be no pre-loading before the launch.

That makes it probably the 22nd before I can start to play.  :(
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: November 16, 2012, 04:05:14 pm »

Hey guys, after the game releases I am going to be starting something much like a NC PUG Platoon, where almost all of the platoon are PUGs that join, but I need strong leaders that know what they are doing when it comes to well, leading. At the min I would be looking for at least 3-7 folks to join me in wrangling the NC PUGs into a deadly fighting force...

I would be looking for a couple of folks that also know what they are doing in Armour and in the Air. Just to give the needed Support when needed, but don't think that your going to be sitting in those vechiles all the time, its more for general support calls...

I would love to see folks from here willing to work with me, then maybe we can see the whole map being blue...

I am a Iron Handed Platoon Lead, but I do give allowances for someone to respond to orders, I will also be doing some simple teamwork excersises when the Platoon Fills up each time it gets created, simple in the terms of knowing who is in your squad, what number you actually are, and how to stick together. Too many times has the battlefield become a clusterfuck and the squads are never working together...

I can promise at least 30-40 certs a day (if system still remains the same) if all goes well and thats just base capping gains and such, that is not including kills and other exp gains. Good teamwork will give more and faster so this is what I am aiming to grow amoungst the whole NC of the server that we will exisit...

I do not know which Landmass we will be working on, but most likely Aermish as I spent a good amount of time there and know the lay of the land pretty well, even if I can't pronounce half the damn places :P

Anyone interested in helping me out, please PM me, and know that we will be working together. Leads mind you will be needing to use Mics but just using your ears with the ingame Voip system is fine so don't feel left out or discluded there. Talking is only a must if you want to lead. Typing don't work well in heated battles...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: November 16, 2012, 05:17:32 pm »

Are you going to be using any sort of Teamspeak or Ventrilo? or will it be purely in-game-voip?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: November 16, 2012, 06:11:14 pm »

What's a pug now?

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: November 16, 2012, 06:46:30 pm »

I'd like to join some people on here, but I say we wait until after the game has been released. I imagine finding a low-latency server we can all get on will be frustrating...
Also some whispers on grapevine. Shotguns for Engies and some NC classes only. No more Infiltrator Shottys...
This so much.
Give them a weak machine gun. But not a fucking shotgun.
I'll tell you the same thing I tell people who bitch about shotguns in every other game: KEEP YOUR FUCKING DISTANCE. You want to run-and-gun? You'll lose to shotguns every time. Doubly so in this case, as going toe-to-toe with a human tank makes no damned sense.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 826