Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084936 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4125 on: November 22, 2012, 08:37:22 pm »

Back in the beta, I destroyed a Gal by hitting it with my drop pod.

I guess they changed it so it was less devastating.
Nothing important here, move along.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4126 on: November 22, 2012, 09:10:46 pm »

Given how incredibly hard it is to aim drop pods, you'd think there'd be a more substantial reward for hitting something.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: November 22, 2012, 09:48:12 pm »

Have you ever hit an enemy plane with your drop pod?  I have.  It didn't do any damage but it knocked him off course.
I did today. Clipped the wing forcing it into a spin which ended in their death. Really awesome when it happens.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: November 22, 2012, 09:59:04 pm »

Geez, spent the last half hour taking Tawrich Tech Plant. Good fight, lot`s of Max repairing. I need a smoke now...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: November 22, 2012, 10:21:09 pm »

This game feels like a bad marriage.  What used to be fun foibles are becoming rage inducing, and playing for the short periods of fun is no longer enjoyable.  I'm starting to hate this fucking game.  Spending my time fighting for revive and heal XP so I can buy a decent gun, only to spend my time getting shot by people I never saw doesn't strike me as a fun game, or even a game at all.
Shoes...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4130 on: November 22, 2012, 10:24:36 pm »

If you're not having fun reviving, why do it? Forget certs, just play to have fun and get certs along the way. Standard guns work well enough, slap a decent sight on a basic gun and go with it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: November 22, 2012, 10:36:32 pm »

Seriously. Just play Heavy Infantry and spam people if that's the only way you can get enjoyment out of the game.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: November 22, 2012, 10:43:28 pm »

It feels too much like a massive version of Battlefield 3 to hold much lasting appeal for me. I'll likely play it, but BF3 got boring pretty quick after I got the shiny guns I wanted and massacred with, especially on the sniper.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: November 23, 2012, 12:46:02 am »

I'll admit- I'm bad at this game. Randomly enough, though, I actually like Vanu better than NC, mainly due to lower recoil? Probably. I'm not the best fighting at range. Only one way to get better, though.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: November 23, 2012, 12:48:06 am »

I'll admit- I'm bad at this game. Randomly enough, though, I actually like Vanu better than NC, mainly due to lower recoil? Probably. I'm not the best fighting at range. Only one way to get better, though.
Thank you! So many B12ers play NC, guys come on NC dominates in numbers very often. Vanu for the win!

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: November 23, 2012, 12:53:50 am »

TR are pretty consistently underrepresented, for some reason. I've not once seen a pro-TR YouTube video, which even the Vanu have.
Nothing important here, move along.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: November 23, 2012, 01:09:15 am »

TR are pretty consistently underrepresented, for some reason. I've not once seen a pro-TR YouTube video, which even the Vanu have.

TotalBiscut is pro-TR. Even has an outfit, Let the Brit drop.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: November 23, 2012, 01:46:44 am »

Have you ever hit an enemy plane with your drop pod?  I have.  It didn't do any damage but it knocked him off course.
I did today. Clipped the wing forcing it into a spin which ended in their death. Really awesome when it happens.

Actually, a follow-up to this: I just dropped into an enemy Mosquito, and destroyed it instantly. I think the score message mentioned something about "drop pod kill", but I wasn't paying careful attention. I definitely destroyed it, and got kill credit, so apparently it's possible!

Maybe it's just the Liberators/Galaxies that aren't vulnerable to drop pod one-shots?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: November 23, 2012, 01:47:40 am »

I hit it right on the tail which may have been part of it.  It was a reaver or whatever the TR equivalent is.
Shoes...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: November 23, 2012, 01:57:41 am »

Either a mosquito or a liberator then.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 826