Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084883 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4230 on: November 23, 2012, 11:17:15 pm »

I've started playing the other day; Vanu on Jaeger US East.
For the better part of a day, we've held most of the map. :3

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4231 on: November 23, 2012, 11:18:35 pm »

Update on the Aussie server: NC is dominating, VS is derping around, and Esamir is never going to be conquered >_>
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: November 24, 2012, 12:08:09 am »

Cool. Friend "Bloodstool" and we'll team up when I get a chance (which won't be often).

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: November 24, 2012, 12:26:30 am »

Oh hey, I just realized there are 3 continents. So that's where all the non-Vanu were. We've been winning Esamir because we have 75% of the population there. :P

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: November 24, 2012, 12:38:22 am »

Oh, I took damage. I took damage all over the damn ground.
In all truth you shouldn't. Its a Bug that they seem to over look every time...
Jumping out yourself is a Surefire way or not taking damage, but being locked out of a Gal should not make you take damage on impact...
Bug or not, it annoys me that people would do that. Giving us a heads up? That would be fine. Dumping us out with no warning? Dick move bro.

As A Gal pilot I tend to dump without warning, but that's beacuse my drops tend to be in heavy flak areas (like biolab landing pads) And the last thing I need is to hover for 15 seconds waiting for people to disembark. And half the people don't listen to mics either, so even when I yell "We're about to disembark" they still wonder why they got locked out. I DO wish there was a way to eject all EXCEPT the gunner seats though.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: November 24, 2012, 01:02:42 am »

Cool. Friend "Bloodstool" and we'll team up when I get a chance (which won't be often).

Just made a vanu character on that server, sent a friend request, don't know if you were on though.

Jumping out yourself is a Surefire way or not taking damage, but being locked out of a Gal should not make you take damage on impact...
Bug or not, it annoys me that people would do that. Giving us a heads up? That would be fine. Dumping us out with no warning? Dick move bro.

As A Gal pilot I tend to dump without warning, but that's beacuse my drops tend to be in heavy flak areas (like biolab landing pads) And the last thing I need is to hover for 15 seconds waiting for people to disembark. And half the people don't listen to mics either, so even when I yell "We're about to disembark" they still wonder why they got locked out. I DO wish there was a way to eject all EXCEPT the gunner seats though.

Yeah, but if you're killing them with gravity/inertia anyway... Why dump them? If they can't figure out they need to bail on their own, their fault.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:04:21 am by sluissa »

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: November 24, 2012, 01:09:50 am »

Just made a vanu character on that server, sent a friend request, don't know if you were on though.

Yeah, but if you're killing them with gravity/inertia anyway... Why dump them? If they can't figure out they need to bail on their own, their fault.

I'm absolutly sure if you die from being dumped its a glitch. I've had plenty of times where the Gal pilot dumped us and we were fine. I do know the problem where if you hit something on the way down might still exist. basically if you Hotdrop, and hit like a sloped roof and bounce off, only that hit doesnt hurt you. The actual landing will.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: November 24, 2012, 01:23:11 am »

I just picked this up today at the insistence of my friends. I spent the first few hours dying a lot while figuring out what to do. Wasn't particularly fun at that point.

I saw someone driving some kind of grenade-launching tank around and being crazy and I thought. "I wanna drive a grenade-launching tank!" So I figure out how to get the tank, drive it out. Consulted the map. Drove towards the purply bits. Then when I got there I saw what seemed to be the entire server engaging around a gigantic purple fortress. If it isn't obvious I still have not much clue about the game.

So I drive around being silly, watching as big blue balls fly past my armour in what I think was attempts to either kill me or heal me. Not sure. I happened upon a few dozen of my allies entrenched behind a few buildings trying to push forward into another purply part.  So I drive in the direction they're shooting at, turn a sharp corner, barrel past a horde of purple, and smack into the giant purple fortress wall. Apparently I also smashed straight through a few purple dudes as well. I turn around, and see everyone turning to face me.

So I let loose with the grenade launcher. I went from level 2 straight to level 4 in 2 seconds. It was hilarious. I actually somehow managed to even up my kill/death ratio in 2 seconds. It also apparently gave my team a huge morale boost as I saw the few dozen guys hiding behind the walls charge out of the smoke and debris and mop up all the guys left standing. We then took the fortress and I'm still not too sure what exactly I did hahaha.

Then I checked if I could unlock anything and all I earned was a measly 21 certs. Derp.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: November 24, 2012, 01:26:47 am »

Yeah, the first few ranks go by fast, while certs crawl on.

What exactly was this 'grenade launching tank' you're talking about? There's 2 tanks per faction and the Sunderer, which is like a tank with smaller guns, and neither of the real tanks have what I'd call a grenade launcher. Lightning has the autocannon, maybe that?
Nothing important here, move along.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: November 24, 2012, 01:28:50 am »

Probably that. It has like 6 shots and they arc around like a grenade as well as explode on impact. So I assumed it was a grenade launcher.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: November 24, 2012, 01:32:50 am »

I wouldn't say they arc like a grenade... although I will admit many of the bullets in the game tend to have a rather steep trajectory. As for the Lightning, it has a 75mm autocannon that... apparently has gotten an upgrade. I used to be able to empty a clip on an enemy soldier and it didn't kill them, but that was during Beta.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: November 24, 2012, 01:56:36 am »

I Dont think it got much of a buff, i shot 6 times almost point blank on the general proximity of 2 soldiers not killing any of them, not even near the power of a hand granade.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: November 24, 2012, 02:13:32 am »

Any Oceanic players in Briggs? I am part of NC and I am lonely. So many players with single player mentality... >.>

So please save me from #foreveralone.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: November 24, 2012, 02:46:11 am »

I Dont think it got much of a buff, i shot 6 times almost point blank on the general proximity of 2 soldiers not killing any of them, not even near the power of a hand granade.
Either you guys have terrible aim, terrible lag, or we're still thinking of different vehicles.

Maybe it helps that I have a supercomputer that cost the price of a small car. This game barely even makes my cooling units turn on lol.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: November 24, 2012, 03:27:31 am »

Do you happen to have FiOS too? I have some pretty rockin' internet for my local area, but it's still pretty shitty compared to areas that actually have internet infrastructure.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 826