Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089209 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4275 on: November 25, 2012, 09:45:18 am »

I tried the IP you posted, but it didn't work.
Guess i'll try again.

"[15:43:48] Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection."

It is telling me the ping and the amount of users tough.
(And i generally don't use mumble. So i don't really have an idea what's going on.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4276 on: November 25, 2012, 09:45:42 am »

So is there a server where EVEYONE here has a character?
And if so, what faction?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: November 25, 2012, 09:47:51 am »

No, not really.
Most of us are on Matherson as NC.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: November 25, 2012, 09:57:27 am »

Or Miller for the EU people

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: November 25, 2012, 01:35:25 pm »

Anybody else at Matherson ATM?
Send me a friend invite, MrMiauw, NC.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: November 25, 2012, 04:03:27 pm »

Hey guys, i'm downloading this now.
Will probably be on tomorrow, or the day after.
I'll probably be a rebel and join the Vanu's.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4281 on: November 25, 2012, 04:42:40 pm »

Start a trial weapon...

...Servers shut down. Figures.

I'm really starting to think that the NC have gotten a pretty short stick when it comes to weapons. I've been playing around with other factions, and I have to say that while the TR and the VC are pretty balanced towards each other, I have a hard time killing anyone outside of CQC, even with a forward grip. I can just feel the difference whenever I play NC and then go to one of the other two.

So I'm going to be playing the other factions until things get balanced out. It's surprisingly fun when your gun is capable of hitting things.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: November 25, 2012, 04:44:49 pm »

I'll probably be a rebel and join the Vanu's.

The NC are the rebels, the TR are the imperialist, the vanu are just coming out of the closet violently.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: November 25, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »

Rebel as in, what most of you guys arent doing.
Throwing my hat into the elven ring, so to speak.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4284 on: November 25, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »

Technically, both the Vanu and NC are both rebelling against the TR. They're just doing it for different reasons.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: November 25, 2012, 04:55:02 pm »

I also kind of feel like the NC have dumb weapons.  I mean, they hit hard but that's not useful when they can't hit anything.

The close-range setup of the MAXes is also not really my style.  I feel like MAXes should be long-ranged support units, something more like the TR ones with their dual miniguns.  I'm almost thinking about switching over to TR, just out of general preference for their stuff.
Shoes...

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: November 25, 2012, 04:57:19 pm »

I heard the TR and Vanu sniper rifles cant OSK with a headshot?
can anyone confirm that?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: November 25, 2012, 05:00:03 pm »

I have to ask, does the game support controllers?
Because my laptop is awesome and the touchpad shuts off temporarily when you press the letter keys.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: November 25, 2012, 05:02:18 pm »

From what I hear, it loves controllers. But I feel the same problem with NC weapons. I don't have the certs to get the gun I could actually use, and I love the Vanu standard guns way more, so I actually like Vanu a lot better.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: November 25, 2012, 05:33:14 pm »

I happen to really like the TR engineer's default carbine. I haven't had any situation other than fighting a Max head on where I lost with it (other than poor aim of course). Especially against infiltrators who are like free food for me.

I also grabbed a holo sight for it too, so now I don't have the crappy iron sights when trying to shoot long range.

So far I bought the deploy thing for sunderers and the scope for my carbine and 12% bonus health on him. I like being engie a lot. The gun is good, free ammo and exp nonstop. You get a badass turret that kills almost everything and is really hard to deal with. The only weakness so far is extreme range and vehicles. I wish I had some way to kill tanks.

I did flip two Lightnings once as a Sunderer too. Basically they barricaded the entrance to a fort and I just drove through them. It was hilarious. Even my passengers were laughing on voice comms.

I like this game. Still not going to pay for anything though. :P

I'm doing really well so far, which might be why I'm liking it. Tend to average about 3 kills to each death now. And sometimes I can go hours without dying simply because the turret is so good. I remember once I hot dropped onto the top of a bridge directly behind the enemy's staging point. I just sat up there with my turret and mowed people down for about an hour before someone had the brains to jump up with a light assault and try to kill me. Didn't succeed because the carbine is so good. I left after that though.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 826