Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089657 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4290 on: November 25, 2012, 05:37:44 pm »

I heard the TR and Vanu sniper rifles cant OSK with a headshot?
can anyone confirm that?

Their guns are semi-automatic. NC is the only one to start out with the Bolt-Action rifles, which are the only 1-hit headshot rifles in the game (Despite the misleading damage numbers on the Scout Rifles).
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4291 on: November 25, 2012, 05:38:12 pm »

God damn, I had a (friendly) Sunderer ram my Vanguard off a cliff. Those things have some serious momentum once they get moving!

The Medic's also good for easy XP, if there aren't many damaged vehicles/generators/turrets/MAXes in the area. Find a dead guy, revive him for 75 EXP, then heal him to full health for another ~40. It's like getting a kill, except your target isn't hiding behind a rock 50 metres away. And shooting back.  ;)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: November 25, 2012, 05:40:53 pm »

Yeah, the Sunderer's momentum is amazing. Sure he can't kill any heavy vehicles (without serious patience) but I'll be damned if they're going to stop me from going where I want to go. It needs a horn though. BEEP BEEP!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: November 25, 2012, 06:02:17 pm »

God damn, I had a (friendly) Sunderer ram my Vanguard off a cliff. Those things have some serious momentum once they get moving!

The Medic's also good for easy XP, if there aren't many damaged vehicles/generators/turrets/MAXes in the area. Find a dead guy, revive him for 75 EXP, then heal him to full health for another ~40. It's like getting a kill, except your target isn't hiding behind a rock 50 metres away. And shooting back.  ;)

If you're lucky anyway... some teammates... *facepalm*

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: November 25, 2012, 06:19:28 pm »

The issue with being a medic is the fact that the person who died probably died fairly recently, and whatever killed him isn't probably going to just magically poof into thin air, and while you still have the medic gun out you can't exactly shoot back.
Nothing important here, move along.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: November 25, 2012, 06:49:11 pm »

I was riding a flash on the ice map, and saw an enemy on another flash coming the other way.

somehow i took no damage when i rammed and killed him :p

also i love infiltrators so much. if you always headshot they have no clue where you are, so you can get very decent kill streaks with little to no effort if your positioning is good

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: November 25, 2012, 06:57:31 pm »

FUCKING PLANES. AUGH. I seem to be cursed, because every time I spawn one, it either is knocked over by another plane, destroyed outright, of FALLS THROUGH THE GODDAMN MAP.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: November 25, 2012, 07:00:53 pm »

See... I'm fine with planes.... but every time I spawn a lightning, I get it stuck across a ditch. EVERY.... TIME....

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:31 pm »

See... I'm fine with planes.... but every time I spawn a lightning, I get it stuck across a ditch. EVERY.... TIME....

I've never managed that, though I've nudged a few lightnings to freedom with my Vanguard... Should start a towing buisness

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: November 25, 2012, 07:33:39 pm »

I'm generally too careful a vehicle driver to get myself caught somewhere dangerous, unless I'm on a flash in which case I'll ride it off the edge of a cliff to get to the bottom faster.
Nothing important here, move along.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: November 25, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »

I'm generally too careful a vehicle driver to get myself caught somewhere dangerous, unless I'm on a flash in which case I'll ride it off the edge of a cliff to get to the bottom faster.

Haha. I remember back in beta when they gave everyone a crazy amount of certs, I instantly bought every speed upgrade for the Flash in addition to the afterburner, and tried to do a dukes of Hazard off the side of the Crown. Landed safely infront of a very confused enemy Vanguard.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: November 25, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

I don't see anything in the OP about clan name and don't know which of the 300 pages to look in.  Anybody want to tell me what the bay12 clan is named?  I just dl'd the game.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: November 25, 2012, 08:02:16 pm »

Welp. I suck. I was on Soltek and I finally got in a scythe. I spend the next couple of minutes flying about the NC warpgate, feeling stupid for not setting a waypoint. After taking some damage from a failed attempt to dogfight, I crash landed in a TR checkpoint. No one was there, so I spend the next ten minutes figuring out how to cap a point. I finally realise, oh, maybe the territory needs to be connected to mine. Que an NC light assault storming in a murdering me. Facepalm.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: November 25, 2012, 09:04:50 pm »

Well this game was pretty frustrating to try.  I got buried in a metric buttload of lag whenever there were enemies around.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: November 25, 2012, 10:01:47 pm »

Welp. I suck. I was on Soltek and I finally got in a scythe. I spend the next couple of minutes flying about the NC warpgate, feeling stupid for not setting a waypoint. After taking some damage from a failed attempt to dogfight, I crash landed in a TR checkpoint. No one was there, so I spend the next ten minutes figuring out how to cap a point. I finally realise, oh, maybe the territory needs to be connected to mine. Que an NC light assault storming in a murdering me. Facepalm.
Capturing goes a lot quicker the more territory you have connected. Capturing a point completely in enemy territory is difficult but entirely possible.

I don't see anything in the OP about clan name and don't know which of the 300 pages to look in.  Anybody want to tell me what the bay12 clan is named?  I just dl'd the game.
I don't think there is one currently.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 826