Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084948 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

I like grenades.
As an infiltrator.
Especially in those tiny spots known as 'zone control' with the terminals, you know?
Grenade-Invisible-Mush.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Just started playing this., and is there any way to have the 'Planetside 2.exe has stopped working' crash stop happening every ten minuites? (Not steam)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just started playing this., and is there any way to have the 'Planetside 2.exe has stopped working' crash stop happening every ten minuites? (Not steam)

Switch to steam, there it only does that every 30 minutes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I built a new PC and now can't play this due to PSU issues.  Agh.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I've only had one crash since I started playing.  :-\

Trialed the Artemis scout rifle, and bought it as soon as I died. 20 round SR, full auto, for my infiltrator? YES PLEASE. Also had a rather nice time defending a tech plant with my HE Lightning; I think I got something like 60 certs in five minutes. There were so many TRs running about that just about every shot was at least 1-2 kills. I think at one point I picked up another four just by driving straight into a mass of infantry huddled around a pillar.

And now for something completely different: TR priorities.  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can't say I blame them, though. I wouldn't want to stop farming Allatum either.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Dayum. That's dedication there. Or stubbornness. Either works.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On another note, any beginner tips? I seem to have what appears to be a 1/100 k/d ratio. I managed to not fuck up enough to buy some sort of black/white soldier identifier scope attatchment for heavy infantry main weapon (What I have decided to stick to) because I cannot tell for SHIT when I'm looking at anyone, but it doesn't seem to help much.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:43:54 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Ah, the NV scope. Downside to that is that it's incredibly myopic. But basically find fights where you can defend a decent position and farm the infantry zerg. Spend your first few certs getting the various 1 cert upgrades, particularly the nano-whatever armor that increases your base health. Regardless of whether you're willing to drop real money or not, some of the things to aim for are the AA (Skyguard) and HE cannons (Don't remember) for the Lightning, the A2A missiles and A2G rockets for your fighter, and a weapon that suits your playstyle for each class. If you are going to drop cash, make sure you're decided on which faction you like best.

Also note that you can get short trials of weapons, though it's usually easier to just look around on the forums for recommendations, as the ingame stat listings aren't reliable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks.

I still need a solution to this crashing bullshittery. As soon as I feel I'm getting the hang of things, boom. short freeze and back to the desktop.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know this is the problem, as it fixed my crashing, I checked in the directory and there was an "outofmemory" txt in there. Check and see if you have one to, if you do, proceed below.

To fix this, Open CMD prompt with administrator and type in without the parenthesis "bcdedit /set increaseuserva 4000"
 **Change the number 4000 to how much ram you have on your computer, I have 4gb, so its 4000.**
 This fixes the crashing problem in most cases, happens on BF3 and many other games also. In game, instead of crashing you will get occasional 1 second freezes as you did before, but no crashes will happen.

Always run Steam and Planetside 2 with administrator also.

I will attempt this.

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone here on Connery? possibly NC?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems to work.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

I downloaded the game recently, and play Vanu on Ceres (EU server). I simply cannot let go of the light assault. I have no health, deal little damage, cant do anything to vehicles, need to get close (which I dont really like), but GOD: jet packs. I'm completely addicted to the jump jets. It doesn't matter if I die every time I get too close, emptying my magazine from above on an unsuspecting NC (or TR) is the best.
That and sniping them with the x4 scope. I love seeing them freaking out. And when they dont, they die.
Sniped by a base carbine from afar, how ashamed they must be.  :P

Granted, I have a 0.48 death ratio and cant drive for shit...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On another note, any beginner tips? I seem to have what appears to be a 1/100 k/d ratio. I managed to not fuck up enough to buy some sort of black/white soldier identifier scope attatchment for heavy infantry main weapon (What I have decided to stick to) because I cannot tell for SHIT when I'm looking at anyone, but it doesn't seem to help much.

Being able to identify your targets should come with experience. With Heavy Assault you'll want to learn how to activate your nanoshield ability whenever entering a fight or you're about to hit the ground because that thing soaks up most of your damage. Until you get good at getting kills it's probably best to stick with the base nanoshield cert line rather than the adrenaline shield which becomes superior in more combat situations as it'll recharge with every kill you make and keeps the same default charge rate as an uncerted normal version.

As for guns, if you're TR or Vanu you start off with a great gun as it is and don't really need to worry about switching. NC's Gauss Saw is also alright but you've gotta remember that the kick on them won't allow for more than very short burst shots and you also should make a beeline towards unlocking the foreword grip and other gun upgrades.

For suit slot choices you have a few options. While Nanoweave can give you a slight edge in fights by increasing your HP, the boost you get from it is incredibly small and the number of bullets needed to kill you only tends to increase at level 1 and then again at level 5. Personally for defensive purposes I prefer Flak Armor. It absorbs damage from any explosions which includes frag grenades, tank shell explosions, mines... I think you get the picture. As long as they don't get a direct hit you have a fighting chance with Flak.

Anyone here on Connery? possibly NC?

On Connery, but that's where I play Vanu. If you ever see a Magrider stuck up in a tree or on a roof it's probably me. Side Note: Magboosters are radical.

I downloaded the game recently, and play Vanu on Ceres (EU server). I simply cannot let go of the light assault. I have no health, deal little damage, cant do anything to vehicles, need to get close (which I dont really like), but GOD: jet packs. I'm completely addicted to the jump jets. It doesn't matter if I die every time I get too close, emptying my magazine from above on an unsuspecting NC (or TR) is the best.
That and sniping them with the x4 scope. I love seeing them freaking out. And when they dont, they die.
Sniped by a base carbine from afar, how ashamed they must be.  :P

Granted, I have a 0.48 death ratio and cant drive for shit...

Vanu Light Assault are ridiculously powerful and nobody would be ashamed of dying to a Solstice. Though I'd suggest upgrading to a Solstice SF for the high-velocity ammunition and attached grenade launcher. Your health is also the exact same as all other classes besides the lower hp infiltrator afaik, with only the Heavy benefiting from an additional shield which means you need to shoot first and go for the head if possible. Vehicles are going to be your problem UNTIL you unlock 2 blocks of C4. Then you become the most effective infantry class for sneaking in behind tanks and tossing those things on their rear. Hit trigger = Dead Tank.

The only real problem LA have atm is the occasional Jetpack bug which hasn't been fixed since beta. The only solution to when your jetpack won't work is to relog.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Does anybody know how the Alpha squad guns for NC compare to the default guns?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 826