Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089670 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

Nobody here seems to be TR here. Anyone on Ceres at all?
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

God, I am just not getting it.

A third of the time I'm being killed every half second, another third I'm waiting in some room after everyone was cleared out by everyone other than me for an increadibly slow bar to tick over, and the other third I can't reach anywhere to do the first two from.

And yet somewhy I can't stop...
Keep trying and find a decent outfit. What faction are you playing as and on what server?

Vanu on I cant remember.

Waterson?

I'm Vanu on Waterson, under the name PentaGrand.  Haven't played in a couple weeks, though.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wich performance slot would you guys suggest for a lightning? Faster turn or higher speed? I'd like an armor/air hunter to use my mechanized resources on, lightning seems ideal with the skyguard. Think the anti armor shells will make short work of heavy tanks and sunderers?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Which server are we all on, again? I might have P2 running by the end of the night.
NC, Mattherson has probably the highest concentration. Wich is to say, 3 dudes including me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Which server are we all on, again? I might have P2 running by the end of the night.
NC, Mattherson has probably the highest concentration. Wich is to say, 3 dudes including me.

My char is there for whenever my PC starts working.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

I'm on SolTech, but I guess I can hop over to Mattherson.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile

So should we all go to Matherson? Does anyone have an outfit?
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Yeah, we have an NC outfit on Mattherson. Me and Duuvian have been playing in a 2-person-squad today.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

I'm TR on Ceres. Same name in-game as on here.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

I'm VS on Ceres
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

Oh, sweet. As soon as I'm back home I'll try to get a friend request along to you.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So I've been playing this more recently, I think I'm actually improving, my death sprees have lessened somewhat, but can still happen sometimes, especially when defending besieged bases, it gets laggy or stuttery and really when you have a MANA camping that drop down door from the spawn area with a few other guys in tow there isn't much you can do except go the other way, but then you get blown up by aircraft fire on the roof :S

Also still terribly terrible with air vehicles. But I have gotten a hang of the tank portion, really enjoying both brawling with the Lightning and the long range combat of the Vanguard. Any suggestions or info on how their other weapons behave? Certs have been slowly gathering and I don't want to jump the shark by buying something that ends up either not fun or just bad in most situations.

And I don't think I've clocked more than two hours in a single session, damn game always freezes up/glitches out/crashes before that :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I've got both VS and NC on Mattherson, but I never play the NC once I got my teeth into Vanu.

For INF behind enemy lines, the thing that really made the difference for me was the full-auto scout rifle. I've gotten into head-on fights with heavies and come out on top with it. But yes, either the cloak should make you much more invisible, or the cloak/decloak sound shouldn't be audible over such a long range. Another annoyance is the way your character shouts at the top of their lungs when spotting enemies; it should be silent or nearly so, otherwise what's the point of sneaking around spotting hidden enemies?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

Someone had the wonderful idea of laser-guided missiles. That would be awesome: aircrafts can have one or two of these, and the INF can have a laser pointer. He can "paint" a target, and the missiles bearers within range (veeeery long range) can press a button to launch the missile. Powerful enough to obliterate a sunderer. The laser must be kept on target until missile hit.

Also maybe the ability to make cloaked knife strike, which one-shot ennemies? The various limitations of the cloaking make it viable only for backstab.

I agree with silent cloak/decloak and spotting (for INF only? Or when you're alone behind ennemy lines? I like it when I'm trying to be stealthy and some "guard" yell "HE'S THERE" before firing. It's cool.)

EDIT: And maybe limit the scope wobbling. Seriously I'm 100x more precise at long range with my carbine.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 826