Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085022 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I don't know what's going on but I have been experiencing HORRIBLE rubberbanding on Matherson all day. My connection tests great, my system has always been great in this game. I don't get it.

Hold on, and believe me when I say that this is of vital importance: Did you see any blue turtle shells?

Am I missing a meme or something?

In the Mario Kart series of games you can pick up one use items like weapons or speed boosts. The item you get is randomised but weighted depending on your position. In the more recent games there is an item that looks like a blue turtle shell which automatically seeks out the whoever is in the lead and pretty much puts him in last place. Once in last place you start getting speed boosting items or even blue shells. Ultimately you end up rubber banding between first and last place.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for clearing that up!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

Anyone know much about the development plans? As it stands, we were  discussing setting up a commisiarrat (and yes, in my mind they should have hats if we can wrangle it) over mumble to keep the troops in line while we have the rts'ers in charge of strategy. (We're vanu, sadly enough :P).
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Vanu scum!

Ahem. What sort of items are must buys for engineers, or anyone on the NC side? Is the Rebel (I think that's the pistol) any good at all?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile

Vanu scum!

Ahem. What sort of items are must buys for engineers, or anyone on the NC side? Is the Rebel (I think that's the pistol) any good at all?

You want the GD-7F
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Tank mines, and upgrade repair gun.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Is the GD-7F currently on sale or something?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For engie, I'd say pick up tank mines and/or anti personel mines.  Load out depending on what you are attacking/defending.  Sticking an anti-personel mine on an objective is hilarious.  It's also great fun to sneak up on enemy MBTs and toss a couple mines or drop them on main roads in Amerish.

I'd also prioritize your repair tool upgrades.  You also have a tough call on your suit slot.  Explosive resistance is great for when you are mainly working on vehicles and turrets and getting hit by artillery/rockets.  Health or shield recharge are better for infantry fights.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

GD-7F was on sale yesterday. First gun I bought with SC, and I don't regret it at all.

Right now infantry-vehicle combat is pretty unbalanced, all things considered. Anti-tank mines are only good if you can sneak up on an enemy tank, and you're likely to get killed if they're even slightly aware of their surroundings or have any buddies nearby. If you really want to go anti-vehicle infantry, go with the default Heavy or Light Assault with C4. Or, do what you're "supposed" to do and get your own vehicle.

Engineers make one of the meanest Anti-Infantry classes, though. Unlimited ammo with ammo packs, anti-infantry mines, ability to use shotguns and carbines... They're beasts if you play them smart.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Are the sales listed anywhere online?  I heard rumors of a MAX pack and I'd like to see what's in it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Are the sales listed anywhere online?  I heard rumors of a MAX pack and I'd like to see what's in it.

On the main page of the in-game store.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I meant somewhere on a webpage- I know that one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Man, why does NC always seem to be loosing horribly?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Man, why does NC always seem to be loosing horribly?
Because RoF is the current king of infantry combat?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because RoF is the current king of infantry combat?
Or at least in close quarters. I find NC to be pretty decent if not the best at medium to long range. Or maybe other players suck at long range shots and I win effortlessly anyway, hmm.
Either way, nearly all default NC guns suck in close quarters, wich due the way vehicles dominate any open space is primarely the kind of encounter you'll find yourself in.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 826