Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089415 times)

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #5790 on: February 06, 2013, 11:02:07 am »

well, had a spawn point spawn me deep under the world, just floating... not being able to move or anything, lots of other people were there, then someone tossed a grenade to kill everyone present, so they could respawn elsewhere.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: February 06, 2013, 11:05:54 am »

I am extremely glad to hear about resources being implemented in march. Extremely. On the other hand, teleportation will not help matters on that front.  Rather hard to have fuck all in the way of tactics with teleportation implemented, to be honest, outside of relying almost completely on feints  and subterfuge. I suggest they give us the ability to create new ones.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:19:41 am by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: February 06, 2013, 11:15:47 am »

Guess they decided to do what I heard happened with PS1: Improve it gradually. Mayby they didn't use what they learned from PS1 to adapt to a different audience? After all, subscription-based and F2P is quite a difference.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: February 06, 2013, 11:30:21 am »

Well, it's official, Duuvian has gone off the deep end. Some strange form of PTS disorder? E-PTS?

It's glorious, too.

well, had a spawn point spawn me deep under the world, just floating... not being able to move or anything, lots of other people were there, then someone tossed a grenade to kill everyone present, so they could respawn elsewhere.

I fell through the world once climbing up the wall to TI Alloys from the Crown.  There's a nice hard splatty surface eventually!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: February 06, 2013, 11:59:39 am »

I fell through the world once climbing up the wall to TI Alloys from the Crown.  There's a nice hard splatty surface eventually!
I've had that. Twice.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: February 06, 2013, 12:26:00 pm »

I've had that. Twice.
I had that happen by standing under the barrel of a lightning.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: February 06, 2013, 02:20:22 pm »

I had it happen when driving a lightning out of the warpgate close to release. 

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: February 06, 2013, 02:32:35 pm »

Is it just me, or has it suddenly become instant death to stand on top of a vehicle? I accidentally brush the turret of a Lightning while skimming over it with C4-bam, instantly dead. I drop two meters onto my own deployed Sundie, feathering my jets as I land-bam, instantly dead. What.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: February 06, 2013, 02:35:03 pm »

I get that occasionally as well, landed on a lightning, died, later did the same thing and lived...  it also said the tank killed me.  think it happened with a shunderer as well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: February 06, 2013, 03:29:13 pm »

I jumped down onto a Lightning last night to repair it and it ate me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: February 06, 2013, 04:28:08 pm »

So, I found out that the laser pointer can actually be used the same way as the physic gun from Gmod.
Proof:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That, or someone REALLY know how to drive...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: February 06, 2013, 04:40:55 pm »

Guess they decided to do what I heard happened with PS1: Improve it gradually. Mayby they didn't use what they learned from PS1 to adapt to a different audience? After all, subscription-based and F2P is quite a difference.

Really? Outside of the one paid expansion they released and a few times they did bugfixes and absolutely crucial balancing issues, they never really seemed to improve PS1 at all. It's like after they realized they weren't going to get any new subscribers they just let it stagnate and did the bare minimum to keep it running and pull in those sweet subscription dollars.

I am extremely glad to hear about resources being implemented in march. Extremely. On the other hand, teleportation will not help matters on that front.  Rather hard to have fuck all in the way of tactics with teleportation implemented, to be honest, outside of relying almost completely on feints  and subterfuge. I suggest they give us the ability to create new ones.

I don't feel like teleportation, implemented properly, hurts tactics. In the original you had a teleportation rig you could set up but it was a pain in the ass to do and fragile as hell if the enemy found it. I believe it also had a range limit on it. You rarely saw one more than a 2 minute walk outside of a base.

It's certainly no more hurtful to the game than deployable AMS's already are.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: February 06, 2013, 06:38:18 pm »

well, the crown is quite hard to take... I wonder how some tunnels in the mountain it is located on will help with that fact? or even a teleporter.

and, what resources are you talking about novel? 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:42:54 pm by bluejello »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: February 06, 2013, 06:54:42 pm »

That, or someone REALLY know how to drive...
Falling off a cliff and onto the roof of a building is good driving? ;)

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: February 06, 2013, 07:54:23 pm »

depends if that is what you tryed to do or not.  Speaking of which, I like driving lightnings up stairs and into places they shouldn't go.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 826