Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089774 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #5865 on: February 07, 2013, 05:14:30 pm »

can't count the number of times a quick entry to a vehicle saved me as I was getting shot... I'll leave my e key right where it is...
Or a quick eject from a burning vehicle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: February 07, 2013, 06:54:26 pm »

E key is still the interact key, that still gets you into tanks and planes, the disembark key was changed tho, and only for planes, besides, I've got flight controls on Q and E now which relegated the spot key to the much easier to use scroll wheel press.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: February 08, 2013, 04:02:17 am »

I got a Max kill with the knife. That felt pretty good.

The knife seems to be the superior CQ option. After trading a few bullets with hip fire the best idea seems to be to close and jam T over and over again. If I could get a decent framerate I might even be able to effectively aim the damn thing.

Is anyone familiar with the suppression mechanic from Battlefield 3? Is there any mechanic in this game where getting shot at reduces your accuracy? Because I'm questioning my old habit of spraying from the hip when anything comes within 5 or so meters.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: February 08, 2013, 04:16:34 am »

Well there's flinching, which fucks you up in more ways than one, slowing you down, making it harder to turn and with it aim. Of course most times you'll be either shootng someone who can't shoot back or the same will be happening to you, so I guess in a bad sort of way it's not that bad :S
AS - IG

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: February 08, 2013, 07:33:31 am »

Passing shots don' reduce your accuracy, if that's what you mean.  You're either taking a bullet to the chest, or you're not.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: February 08, 2013, 08:55:48 am »

I had one of the most hilarious things I've ever experienced in Planetside happen to me yesterday.

I recently joined an outfit (Digital Legion, NC Miller) and was playing with them for the first time when we ended up defending in a small base overlooking the NW tech plant on Amerish. The VS had some outfit that were flying around in scythes and liberators, so we set up 10+ heavy assaults with annihilators on the roof of a building. Everyone would lock on and fire on a given signal. Seeing 10+ missiles completely pulverize anything that came close was pretty fun for a few minutes.

The hilarity ensued a little while later, though, when the VS pilots got tired of us. They each spawed a galaxy at the tech plant and suicided the thing onto the roof. I think 5 or 6 galaxies exploded there, the whole roof was covered in their debris. It was amazingly hilarious.

We then proceeded to take the tech plant and hold it for almost an hour against a huge VS force with only two squads.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: February 08, 2013, 09:27:38 am »

So the latest patch broke the game for me, it finished the initial loading before crashing and sending me to their page with a malfunction screen :I

EDIT: It seems the servers are down for the hotfix which didn't happen yesterday despite the notification saying so. And I don't get why it doesn't let me into the game itself, Cobalt, my main server seems to be on and running :C
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:34:11 am by Jopax »
AS - IG

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: February 08, 2013, 10:45:58 am »

oh, the climbing restriction on the flash turbo was removed,  and the vehicle killing you by falling on them glitch should be fixed.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:15 am »

I had a dream about PS2 last night, I was playing my TR character 'cept in proper first person where I had complete control of him. There was an abseiling feature and we were fighting at an AMP station as usual. My entire outfit were in desert camo and looked like spacemarines, where as I was in my bright red armour not camouflaged at all. Anyway, with the abseiling you could easily fall from level to level in towers etc and once you were done you could pull out a tiny knife from where the rope had attached to your suit. And then I stabbed Vin Diesel who was having, what I assumed, a flashback. I distinctly remember thinking "He's been in wars before, why's he playing this game?".

Anyway yeah, I think my subconscious is trying to tell me that Red/black digital camo is not good in any situation.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: February 08, 2013, 11:09:39 am »

What, you never heard about the TR campaign against hell?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: February 08, 2013, 11:18:44 am »

the vehicle killing you by falling on them glitch should be fixed.

It isn't.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: February 08, 2013, 11:19:19 am »

I actually usually think of TR and NC as bros. Had some fun /yell-ing various jokes across the frontlines.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: February 08, 2013, 12:08:00 pm »

I actually usually think of TR and NC as bros. Had some fun /yell-ing various jokes across the frontlines.
Plus the team up when the VS come rolling through. At least in my experience.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: February 08, 2013, 12:28:02 pm »

VS and TR always team up on the NC in my experience. They must hate FREEDOM.
nothing

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5879 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:17 pm »

They almost have to on Genudine. Playing as NC basically means that you'll have at least 40% of the current population every day.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 826