Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084934 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6075 on: February 15, 2013, 06:25:29 pm »

The Enclave, the zergiest TR outfit there is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: February 15, 2013, 08:57:35 pm »

I just had the most amazing fight on Miller.

We (NC) were Pushing back a TR advance on northern Indar, and got to Quartz Ridge camp after taking a few mostly undefended bases. At Quartz Ridge we hit a brick wall of TR defenders and the attack quickly falters. What we do have however, is several outfits coordinating, so we fall back to Camp Connery, a tower just north of Quartz Ridge camp while 252 (NC outfit on Miller) head around to attack Quartz Ridge from the north.

What follows is the most epic fight I've been in in PS2. An absolutely massive swarm of mostly TR infantry stream out from Quartz Ridge, attacking our retreating forces across the desert. We set up defences around the Camp Connery tower as best we can and the fight is joined. It was crazy, TR infantry everywhere, advancing on one flank, getting pushed back at another, back and forth. After a while we were getting overrun, and gave up the B and C points outside of the tower itself. We kept fighting, but ultimately we were losing the tower to the TR. Then, just as the control flips, CONZ (the largest NC outfit on Miller) show up with an absolutely astounding amount of Reavers and Liberators. We gather our forces and proceed to retake Camp Connery and once again head for Quartz Ridge. This time it was a massacre, with 252 attacking from the south and us attacking from the north, we quickly took Quartz Ridge and proceeded to stomp all over the TR and warpgate them. When I left, the TR were decimated, having only 15% population on the continent, probably mostly at The Crown, since almost no one was pushing out of the Warpgate.

I'm a bit sad that I never took any screenshots, I guess I was a bit occupied with shooting everything that moved and was red.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: February 15, 2013, 10:35:14 pm »

Friday Night Ops this week followed Consortium (CONZ), the outfit I roll with, on Miller. It was an excellent night. Managed to get 120 of us online (couldn't fit us all inside the render distance).

I'm a bit sad that I never took any screenshots, I guess I was a bit occupied with shooting everything that moved and was red.
You needn't worry too much as it was being streamed and will be put up tomorrow in the FNO twitch account.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: February 15, 2013, 11:28:33 pm »

Just had a great Ops night with my outfit on Mattherson Amerish. A coalition of VS outfits held our native Tech Plant against a massive push by the TE and a number of other TR outfits, as well as a zerg of randoms, in a running battle that lasted for a solid 90 minutes realtime before they took their ball and went home. There were several times where we had lost just about everything and managed to push out from spawn and retake the point and gens. Feelsgoodman.

3. Run Resize Enable

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: February 16, 2013, 04:47:30 am »

The Enclave, the zergiest TR outfit there is.

Thats my main problem with TE really. There's been plenty of times as a TR where we've been stuck in in a nice, good open field fight, with push and shove between both sides, in a really nice battle, then all of a sudden the skies darken and TE just comes and flattens our opposition with nothing but sheer weight of numbers, ruining the one good fight of the night. Speaking of which, is BuzzCut every NOT online? I saw his name on the PSU tracker and it says hes logged 36 days of playtime. I cant even fathom how much playtime that is.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: February 16, 2013, 01:35:18 pm »

SoP for TE seems to consist of attacking with equal numbers, running when they get spanked, and coming back with two platoons.  ::)

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: February 16, 2013, 02:28:02 pm »

Spanked by TAS and GOON. Two outfits that operate with tactics rather than numbers. Altough we do some of that on a smaller scale sometimes too :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: February 16, 2013, 05:23:00 pm »

Just had a good fight against the VS between Indar Comm Array and Seabed Post on Matherson. Went back and forth a few times with infantry charges before it all settled.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: February 17, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »

Just had the most awesome moment in PS2 so far. Jump into my TR char for a bit, get invited to a squad and head for Allatum which is all but won. When I get there someone is using the proximity chat to play music, slightly wierd. Then, as the facility flips Men at work and their Down Under starts playing. Cue a big party of sorts in the spawn room, people jumping, spazzing out and shooting. Then as the songs winds down we roll out, I've heard the music play one more team near Crossroads Watchtower before my internet flipping out because there was just so much shit going on.

Still, awesome moment is awesome :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: February 17, 2013, 06:26:11 pm »

The only music I got was from some guy named CommunistRussian or something like that, playing Russian WWII style orchestra music.  Crackling on low-scale internet and mediocre quality mic.  I reported him.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6085 on: February 17, 2013, 07:52:41 pm »

The very occasional bit of music can be a lot of fun. Not too common.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: February 17, 2013, 07:55:53 pm »

Like Ride of the Valkries during a particularly large air battle.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: February 17, 2013, 08:07:38 pm »

No the best was I was in a Zergy group made of two platoons of nothing but Flashes. Naturally some guy starts blasting "Highway to Hell"

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: February 17, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »

I really wish there was a cert for vehicles that gave them loudspeakers, atleast for a time, that were heard by all factions in the vicinity. Suddenly, playing every vehicle just to annoy/intimidate/incapacitate the other side would be my main way of entertainment in this game.

Imagine a libby blasting the Jaws theme as it circles a base, or the aforementioned Ride of the Valykries. Heck, Erasures Always would be an awesome addition to any Vanu attack.

Another especially fun would be Jogi blasting as a battlebus approaches a battle :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: February 17, 2013, 08:36:53 pm »

No the best was I was in a Zergy group made of two platoons of nothing but Flashes. Naturally some guy starts blasting "Highway to Hell"
Better yet, Highway to the Danger Zone.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 826