Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084965 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6150 on: February 20, 2013, 09:34:52 am »

Are they really that effective? Or would it be better to wait for C4?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: February 20, 2013, 09:46:59 am »

Mines are more fire and forget while the C4 is usually something very deliberate. The mines are also more cost effective (get two for 100 as opposed to one for 200 in case of C4). So I'd say the C4 is better on LA where its mobility greatly eases effective use while mines are better for the Engie who is usually more of the supporting role.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: February 20, 2013, 09:47:48 am »

Depends.

C4:  Unlocked per class.  1 brick at first rank (200 certs), 2 at rank 2 (500 certs).  Detonated whenever you want.  Useful versus anything.  Especially useful for LA.  Two will kill pretty much anything- mine guard doesn't help.

AT Mines: Engy only.  2 mines at first rank (100 certs), 3 at rank 2 (200 certs).  Will trigger on vehicles only, though infantry caught in the blast will be hurt/killed.  Two will kill anything without mineguard, three anything that isn't heavily invested in mineguard.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: February 20, 2013, 09:48:40 am »

One time we were pushing on howling pass and the vanu were close to abandoning it. When we took it I went to buy a lightning and lo and behold somebody put like three tank mines right in front of the spawn pad. BOOM.

You clever bastards.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: February 20, 2013, 09:56:35 am »

Better a Lightning than a sundy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6155 on: February 20, 2013, 10:00:58 am »

AT Mines. Will trigger on vehicles only, though infantry caught in the blast will be hurt/killed.

They can also be triggered by shooting them/a nearby explosion. At least half my deaths when attempting to mine enemy tanks in the field are due to a friendly tank shooting at the target just after I dropped a mine causing it to blow, usually taking the target with it as well.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: February 20, 2013, 10:17:15 am »

There is also the anti-personnel mine option.  Very effective to leave at major entrances, capture points, generators, or walk ways.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:32 am »

But for actual flying having roll on the horizontal axis is massively preferable. It's just that it makes strafing targets awkward to do.

Sadly it's the only way to strafe really, since you can't go sideways in any shape or form (which massively sucks balls, I'd love to have that as a cert or something) and have to resort to turning sideways and spacebar boosting to accomplish it.
Actually, it would make sense for the scythe to be able to strafe, as it is litteraly noted in the lore as a direct result from an overboosted magbooster. Altough I in no way support buffing the VS even more.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6158 on: February 20, 2013, 10:39:05 am »

Apparently according to smedley there are some server merges coming up shortly with more details coming on monday.

Also incoming update 3 tomorrow. notes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:41:09 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: February 20, 2013, 10:49:43 am »

Apparently according to smedley there are some server merges coming up shortly with more details coming on monday.

This is my surprised face:

=|

Also, for being GU03, all the new I see in there is SMGs.  What about all the roadmap content?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: February 20, 2013, 10:51:55 am »

God knows how they thought they could fill that many servers. They actually had more capacity than the number of logins EVE Online has at peak times.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: February 20, 2013, 10:57:53 am »

Oh, look, they made the UI even more terrible. It IS important to know wether the VS or the TR have more influence, goddamnit.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: February 20, 2013, 11:08:29 am »

Oh, look, they made the UI even more terrible. It IS important to know wether the VS or the TR have more influence, goddamnit.

Why are you still using enemy ally settings? Empire specific is absolutly essential really.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: February 20, 2013, 11:35:00 am »

Been playing NC a lot more now.

And I overheard the squad leaders talking about the vanguard. Said it used to be the NC's saving grace then it got nerfed. o_O

So I'm thinking as long as this doesn't turn into the three factions from MAG, I won't rage quit the game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: February 20, 2013, 11:39:01 am »

I wish my computer could handle this game. :( I played it once, briefly, at a friend's house and it is excellent, in my opinion.
One day, one day maybe I'll get a gaming PC or update this one. In the meantime I will read your stories here and be jealous.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 826