Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089350 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6165 on: February 20, 2013, 11:52:09 am »

AT Mines. Will trigger on vehicles only, though infantry caught in the blast will be hurt/killed.

They can also be triggered by shooting them/a nearby explosion. At least half my deaths when attempting to mine enemy tanks in the field are due to a friendly tank shooting at the target just after I dropped a mine causing it to blow, usually taking the target with it as well.

Reminds me of the time I drop-podded down onto an enemy air resupply pad, chucked two AT mines, and started working my way from the pad into the enemy base.

A few seconds later, a pilot lands and starts shooting at me- he actually kills me- but then my mines go off.

he he he
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: February 21, 2013, 10:03:35 am »

Just last night the TR were pushing up to Suarva BioLab. Completely ignored Dahaka for some reason. So after dying in a reaver five times, I figured, their air support must be resupplying at the Indar Excavation Site. So I buy a little skyguard lightning, and roll down into sight of Indar. I killed like 3 misquitos and a liberator. It was awesome.

EDIT: every time I see TR make a push, they've got absolute shitton's of air support. Is the misquito that amazing?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:05:28 am by darkrider2 »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: February 21, 2013, 10:08:52 am »

It's the fastest ESF without afterburners, arguably as/more agile than the Scythe, has the best rocketpods, has the smallest airframe... the main weakness is thin armor, and that's about it. That, and some of the zergier TR outfits like to spam air.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:37 am »

Yeah, airspam is a common problem for outfit ops. You just need a way to deal with them, wich means switching resources from AI and AT, the main defenders of a base, to AA.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: February 21, 2013, 11:26:54 am »

It's the fastest ESF without afterburners, arguably as/more agile than the Scythe, has the best rocketpods, has the smallest airframe... the main weakness is thin armor, and that's about it. That, and some of the zergier TR outfits like to spam air.

All correct, except for the thin armor part, all ESFs have the same armor/HP.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: February 21, 2013, 11:34:50 am »

Seems sort of deceptive, then, that the Reaver is explicitly cited as having better armor.

Also, the Mozzie costs 20 Aerospace resources less than the other two.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: February 21, 2013, 11:55:47 am »

Seems sort of deceptive, then, that the Reaver is explicitly cited as having better armor.

VERY deceptive. Especially as it has the best rocket pods, even while the reaver is said to be slower, but have better armor and weapons (?).

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: February 21, 2013, 12:02:33 pm »

VERY deceptive. Especially as it has the best rocket pods, even while the reaver is said to be slower, but have better armor and weapons (?).

To be fair, the Reaver has the best afterburners.

3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: February 21, 2013, 12:03:00 pm »

That's the one thing I really don't like about Planetside 2.  All the stats are hidden.  "This gun has better ROF!"  "Alright, how much better?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: February 21, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »

To be fair, the Reaver has the best afterburners.
How fast do they go with the afterburners tough? And it's still deceptive, because the reaver is advertised as being slow and tough.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: February 21, 2013, 12:11:26 pm »

Just last night the TR were pushing up to Suarva BioLab. Completely ignored Dahaka for some reason. So after dying in a reaver five times, I figured, their air support must be resupplying at the Indar Excavation Site. So I buy a little skyguard lightning, and roll down into sight of Indar. I killed like 3 misquitos and a liberator. It was awesome.

Y'know, I think I saw you and a few other Skyguard lightnings last night. CML was the crew that was counter-pushing up by Suarva- if they didn't show up in their counter-armor push, NC would probably be pushed back to the gate.

It was fun sniping the footies as CML pounded them and pushed back.

My name was/is smoothbandit9.

Yeah I think the skyguard needs a bit of a range/bullet velocity buff, you can shoot a lot farther with AI MAX suits, best upside to the skyguard is that its the best available offensive AA cannon.

But more then that, I wish AA gunners would just wait to fire until the enemy air is nearly right overhead. I see people shooting at mizzies when they're on approach in the distance, they just turn around and thrust off to repair, then they're at it again in a minute.

If the reaver has the best afterburner, then it wouldn't matter, still got a slower turn radius, slower non-burner max speed, I only see the afterburner used to bug out for repair (well, there's that barrel roll turn too :D , which is really nice). In a dogfight afterburner won't do much.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:17:35 pm by darkrider2 »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: February 21, 2013, 12:13:45 pm »

That's the one thing I really don't like about Planetside 2.  All the stats are hidden.  "This gun has better ROF!"  "Alright, how much better?"
People have ripped the stats, though.

This is about a month old, but still useful for anything that hasn't been nerfed or buffed.

3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: February 21, 2013, 12:19:15 pm »

This is about a month old, but still useful for anything that hasn't been nerfed or buffed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: February 21, 2013, 12:22:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually, looking at it again it appears to be updated, at least to the 8/2 patch.  :D

3. Run Resize Enable

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6179 on: February 21, 2013, 12:27:32 pm »

Everything's up in the air with the new patch, though. The devs are rather notorious for the number of stealth changes they squeeze into even minor patches.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 826