Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085021 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6210 on: February 21, 2013, 10:08:28 pm »

After the patch, I look at infantry at range and if they're far enough away they're highlighted in green, sort of like with the IR vehicle scopes. Is this happening for anyone else?

Guess it wasn't just me:

Quote from: Hotfix
Fix for characters appearing as green at long distances
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:26:06 am by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: February 22, 2013, 06:32:36 am »

So server merges have been announced:
Quote from: Higby
Finally: Server Merges. Next week we will be doing server merges to help even populations across all game servers. Right now we have a lot of disparity between populations on our servers, some are highly populated with active fights across all continents, some are not. This is a factor of which servers were most popular at launch, and players gravitating to one or two servers per locale. Now that the crush of new players from launch and the holidays has died down, and our server populations and incoming new players have stabilized we have a good idea of where each server stands in terms of player population, empire population and we can model merges to optimize the populations.

The following servers will be getting Merged:

US West:
Genudine and Helios -> Helios

US East:
Mattherson and SolTech -> Mattherson
Waterson and Jaeger -> Waterson

EU:
Cobalt and Lithcorp -> Cobalt
Ceres and Mallory -> Ceres

My VS and NC chars will end up on same servers, not sure how that will work out :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: February 22, 2013, 07:04:20 am »

That will work out totally well. I do have a TR and a VS character on the same server. I made a point of never playing both of them in a close time and space (I sort of gave up on the TR though).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6213 on: February 22, 2013, 07:50:52 am »

Just been checking out the new stats site players.planetside2.com it's looking fairly good so far.

Also, new stealth camo for our magriders.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: February 22, 2013, 08:57:51 am »

BWAHAHA that would be funny x)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:15:22 pm by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: February 22, 2013, 10:32:26 am »

Alright, we need to reorganize. Any NC on Soltech that are now on Mattherson?

And yes, I still love the NC to death. They are just so much more fun to play than the TR. (and the VS, but I haven't played VS yet.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: February 22, 2013, 10:42:20 am »

I have VS and NC chars, I like the high-damage bullets from the NC and the "plasmalazor" no-drop bullets from the VS. Haven't played much NC vehicles, or any air, so I can't say about that.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6217 on: February 22, 2013, 11:14:39 am »

I'm still Conall on Mattherson, but don't play a whole lot.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: February 22, 2013, 12:10:11 pm »

Kind of surprised Mattherson is picking up more dudes- I thought we had enough.

Oh well- more dudes for me to shoot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: February 22, 2013, 12:18:53 pm »

Anyone else on Cobalt or Lithcorp, here is a good overview of the two servers' current state, major outfits and other important points.

Brief summary of Cobalt;
NC has numbers, broken up into many formally allied outfits that occasionally get together to stomp everyone else.
VS either have [OWND] next to their name or not. If they do they are rolling floating with a dozen Magriders and heavy air cover and it's time to retreat. If they don't then they can and should be farmed.
TR are there as well. I've been actively seeking them out for fights and still end up spending more than double the time fighting Vanu.

I'm currently in Liberties Vanguard ([LVD]) which is part of the Cobalt Alliance. Last time I joined in the Alliance ops we were a dedicated anti-air battery, running two AA Sundies and a pair of skyguards supporting the 301st's tank platoon push on Esamir. Really good fun, although we did end up getting stomped pretty hard. As always we ended up running into massed [OWND] Mags, losing most of our vehicles and getting pushed back.

It looks like NC have numbers on Lithcorp as well, so if we can run more coordinated more often we will probably start taking continents. The problem is, because everyone is split across many outfits, outside formal ops we tend not to have much in the way of group organisation.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: February 22, 2013, 12:32:10 pm »

You're NC on Cobalt?

In and Outfit?

Could I get in somehow?

Please?

Pretty please?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: February 22, 2013, 12:55:58 pm »

Sweet Mathersons going to get some new players :D. A lot of people have been noting a drop in VS population since the magrider nerf, I don't know how credible that is, I only joined after that update. But I rarely see VS push past howling pass, they concern themselves with TR more than us.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:12 pm »

Could I get in somehow?
Just pick the best fit from the Alliance and jump through whatever hoops they require. For [LVD] I just added their listed officers as friends till one was online and asked for an invite, no questions asked. Others have actual processes, but I wanted something at least semi-casual and where you don't need a mic.

Looking at that thread, at least one large Lithcorp outfit will be joining soon as well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: February 22, 2013, 01:03:58 pm »

Really?  I'm two for two on joining outfit-based pickup platoons and getting an invite offer.  I pretty routinely hang with TENC since there's rarely more than one other DORF on Mattherson when I am.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: February 22, 2013, 01:25:29 pm »

Hmm, that Alliance is a good idea for Mattherson, really. But then again, there are only a few outfits on Mattherson NC. The main ones are probably MU, TAS, GOON and the Blue Lions.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 826