Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089624 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6255 on: February 22, 2013, 11:36:13 pm »

I've lost ESFs to a lot of different things, but death by friendly drop pod is a new one for me.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: February 22, 2013, 11:38:50 pm »

You're VS, right?  I could excuse mixing up a Mossie and Reaver, but the Scythe is pretty damn distinct.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6257 on: February 23, 2013, 12:08:25 am »

Question/Poll: I was thinking how satisfying those drop pod kills were, and then I wondered. What kill did you guys get the most satisfaction out of? Was it the headshot from across the valley...or perhaps the lightning you killed all by yourself outside the base?

I was just goofing around solo for half an hour, trying to defend a base from a whole squad of TR. They had came in a sunderer and had apparently been capturing bases along a line with it. I blew up the sunderer and killed one of them before a max got me, but one of them just hacked the vehicle terminal and they got another one. Tried to take out the second sunderer twice and managed to get a couple kills with a couple deaths, but they were watching it carefully so I couldn't get close enough to drop mines on it again. Base was nearly capped anyway, so I spawned at the next base, grabbed a flash, and chucked a pair of mines right outside the base where the path was a bit narrow and I figured they would most likely ride through. Got some more mines just in case, then rode back over and saw them coming. Ducked off to the side and just sat there as they rode straight at the mines... Boom! Entire squad dead, including several MAX suits (not sure how many, spotted at least two MAX kill bonuses in all the XP). So then I head straight for the base they capped, and arrive just in time to see them loading up another sunderer. I rode right up to it, hopped off the flash, dropped the mines, and sprinted away (abandoning my flash to explode with the sunderer, but I didn't think it through too much). One of the guys in the turrets shot me a bit, but the guy driving apparently didn't notice me (never drove away from the mines). Killed several of them along with the sunderer, not sure if they were in it or beside it since I didn't look back.

Then a plane blew me up with rocket pods (don't know if he was with them or just flying by), and I logged off since I had some things to do. But that was the most fun I've had in a short solo session yet. Those guys had to have been a bit annoyed at losing 3 sunderers in such a short time frame.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6258 on: February 23, 2013, 01:32:13 am »

Did you know that?:

Enemy aircraft that land on AT mines will set them off, for example, on top of an enemy resupply pad.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: February 23, 2013, 03:33:12 am »

My most satisfying kill so far would be that time I blew up a flying reaver with C4. Agreed, he was hovering 10m over the ground, but it was damn satisfying.
The whole story: I was ghost-capping on Amerish, when half a dozen reavers with rockets fly by and proceed to fly around like goddamned sharks. I hide in the buildings waiting for the base to turn. At one point, one of the reavers hovered a bit too low, a bit too close of the door, and I could rush out, jet-pack to him, drop a C4 on his side, fall down, retreat to the building and watch the fireworks. They left shortly after that.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: February 23, 2013, 07:06:49 am »

You can also land on tanks, planes, or anything else and crush it to death. Right now my drop pods have a tank kill and a max kill.

Question/Poll: I was thinking how satisfying those drop pod kills were, and then I wondered. What kill did you guys get the most satisfaction out of? Was it the headshot from across the valley...or perhaps the lightning you killed all by yourself outside the base?
Killing Sunderers is even better.

And daaamn, so many people on other planets now, that's great!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: February 23, 2013, 08:58:18 am »

My most satisfying kill was probably when I stole a galaxy kill with my underbarrel grenade launcher. The pilot came in low to drop the troops he was carrying, everyone was firing missiles at the galaxy, and I thought to myself, oh what the hell, might as well. So I shot my underbarrel grenade launcher at it and stole the kill. :D

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: February 23, 2013, 04:44:11 pm »

Can I ask about the reavers mustang main cannon. From the description it sounds like a kind of explosive buckshot gun.

two questions:

A) is it effective against tanks?

B) can you dogfight with it?

My most satisfying kill(s) was when I snuck behind the TR main push with a skyguard lightning, parked it in range of the aircraft landing pads where mizzies were clearly reloading, and killed like 3 mizzies and a liberator.

On another note, I rarely see the liberator used in the way its advertised to be used. Usually when attacking ground everyone just grabs the ESF rocket pods and flies in, despite the liberator supposedly being the "gunship" or ground attack air unit.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: February 23, 2013, 04:58:45 pm »

Relevant to your question.

It's nice, but as you might expect of a giant ass shotgun it's only useful at close ranges, so if you're a good pilot it's going to be fun and effective, if not, well you're gonna have a bad time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6264 on: February 23, 2013, 05:07:05 pm »

My most satisfying kill was more of a satisfying kill streak. I was the only guy defending a biolab against a small squad of dudes (Around 8 or 12 of them), and I'd just unlocked AP mines. Many kills later, the SCU is gone, the base is almost captured, so I drop a couple of AP mines in the spawn room, switch to Light Assault, and fly around the back as they rush in and get themselves blown up. Got a couple more kills on the way out, and went off to another place to fight.

I ended up getting about 36 kills in one life near the end, when I was trapped inside the spawn room. Stack up all of the other kills I got during the fight, I probably got around 50 or 60 total just because the guys were pretty dang dumb.

It was immensely satisfying.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: February 24, 2013, 10:52:15 am »

Amusingly, the thermal scope for tank turrets makes infantry light up like big green targets. Easy as pie to spot, even through smoke/fog/foliage. I was called a hacker because I kept shooting some guys hiding behind tree leaves and getting kills.

Its not cheating, its just a thermal scope.
You need a thermal scope to do that?
I find I get better results just be increasing my Gamma and Contrast a little. It's like permanent, over powered night vision.
...I probably shouldn't have told you that though. I don't want to wind up fighting people using that trick. So uh.. Woo, thermal vision certs!
(To be fair, it probably doesn't work for smoke all that well, but certainly does for foliage at the very least.)

I must ask however, anyone else here playing this game 'cos it reminds them of Command and Conquer?
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: February 24, 2013, 11:06:14 am »

I must ask however, anyone else here playing this game 'cos it reminds them of Command and Conquer?
It's not why I play but it does remind me of it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: February 24, 2013, 11:11:16 am »

If you mean Command & Conquer: Renegade, then yes.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: February 24, 2013, 11:45:20 am »

Actually, it does sort of feel like what C&C would have been, had it been translated into an MMOFPS. Except that the sides aren't quite as asymmetrical in flavor.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: February 24, 2013, 12:00:42 pm »

I would really love to see Rocket Buggies in that case, and Dragon Tanks. But that would kill FPS more than anything else, still would be fun to do drive by's with it :D

Anyways, having a hard time saving up Certs for anything big, every time I get a sizeable amount I blow atleast 100 on something that I find interesting at that moment, not sure how good that is :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 826