Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089887 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6285 on: February 24, 2013, 10:33:31 pm »

Now that you mention it, I do feel a similarity between Renegade MP and PS2.  Ah, sneaking into the enemy Obelisk with a handful of C4, planting it on the console, yelling out "I GOT A PRESENT FOR YA!" and detonating it...

But yeah, C&C was a great series.  RA1 got me into RTS games, and Generals showed how to screw around with the series without making it shit.  Zero Hour is IMO the best expansion pack ever made.

I just had to look at the Red Alert 3 box art to know it would be shit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: February 24, 2013, 11:00:11 pm »

Now that you mention it, I do feel a similarity between Renegade MP and PS2.  Ah, sneaking into the enemy Obelisk with a handful of C4, planting it on the console, yelling out "I GOT A PRESENT FOR YA!" and detonating it...

But yeah, C&C was a great series.  RA1 got me into RTS games, and Generals showed how to screw around with the series without making it shit.  Zero Hour is IMO the best expansion pack ever made.

I just had to look at the Red Alert 3 box art to know it would be shit.

Hah, your thoughts ran near-perfectly parallel to mine. I loved being a dick with that one general that got the EMP Patriot turrets. Using aircraft? LOL NOT ANY MORE.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: February 24, 2013, 11:03:08 pm »

The GLA (especially post-Zero Hour with the stealth general) is the only RTS side I've played that actually had viable hit-and-run tactics.

I mean, I usually played the China tank general because screw subtlety, but yeah.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: February 24, 2013, 11:07:36 pm »

I had far too much fun playing the stealth general. I recall one match where I managed to use that elite sniper and a random dude to steal a Chinese worker and eventually put up a nuclear missile in a hidden corner of the map. He was pretty surprised when I went all Starcraft Ghost on his base. Ooh, and the vehicles that could be upgraded from the wrecks of enemies? That was a brilliant mechanic, and I honestly think I've never seen anything like it since.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: February 25, 2013, 03:55:20 am »

Is that the C&C topic? I'm not sure anymore.
Unless the new update let the infiltrators launch nuclear strikes on the crown, which would be kinda cool.
Quote from: Planned features
-Orbital strikes
Nevermind...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: February 25, 2013, 10:06:34 am »

Its already a common tactic for somebody to place a beacon and then platoon lead gets on voice chat and says "Pull up your map and hit deploy on X in 3, 2, 1.. " mass orbital drop. Usually happens on biolabs or tech plants because they can be near untakable at times.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: February 25, 2013, 11:08:47 am »

Its already a common tactic for somebody to place a beacon and then platoon lead gets on voice chat and says "Pull up your map and hit deploy on X in 3, 2, 1.. " mass orbital drop. Usually happens on biolabs or tech plants because they can be near untakable at times.
It's worse when they can use instant action. At least squad beacons only work for that squad and need specifically the leader to drop it. It's still abusable, but at least it takes coordination and effort to set up the abuse, and the beacons can easily be destroyed if in a poor position.

Then there's this Enclave video demonstrating just how they use IA to break the game. As annoying as [OWND] massed Magrider and saturation Scythes (I swear I was alone in a base surrounded by at least twenty last night) can be on Cobalt, at least we don't get a couple hundred TR heavies dropping into the middle of fights.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: February 25, 2013, 01:49:38 pm »

yeah I think TAS uses instant action as well. But we don't have nearly as many players as The Enclave has on at any given time.

Hopefully server merges will do a little justice to this.

One time I was able to solo Instant Action onto an enemy sunderer that was fairly well hidden at the north garrison to zurvan amp station, dropped two tank mines under it and ran off. Instant spawn loss to the enemy with practically nothing they could do to stop it. I did that same thing to one at the Hvar Tech Plant.

I agree with everything in that video.

EDIT: Apparently the warpgates are getting rotated in the next update.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:04:19 pm by darkrider2 »

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: February 27, 2013, 11:46:34 am »

Finally i am able to play PS2.
Does Bay12 have own outfit or are all just scattered around on different servers?
Playing VS on Miller character named Imofexios if someone want to add me.
Trying to learn as i go. So much different than PS1 was.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6294 on: February 27, 2013, 12:09:26 pm »

Join us on Mattherson+Soltech. I'm on NC, and that's where the DORF outfit is.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: February 27, 2013, 01:24:21 pm »

Join us on Mattherson+Soltech. I'm on NC, and that's where the DORF outfit is.

On this note, could we get the outfit names/servers on the main page? I'm on Mattherson (haven't played much recently though) and would like to sign up, but keep forgetting who to talk to. Can you invite offline yet? Anyway, thinking of getting back into it.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: February 27, 2013, 03:13:50 pm »

Hey has anyone tried out the Anti-Vehicle Grenades for the Heavy Assault, I'm getting close to 200 certs.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: February 27, 2013, 05:39:23 pm »

Seems a bit redundant since you already have a rocket launcher with freely replenishable ammo.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6298 on: February 27, 2013, 06:06:21 pm »

Yeah, I could see the light assault rocking AT grenades, but HA should never get within throwing distance of a tank without just shooting it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: February 27, 2013, 07:34:45 pm »

Okay then, then do sticky grenades hurt tanks/sundy's in any significant way.

I was wondering if I could finish off a sundy with a sticky grenade when two tank mines don't kill it.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 826