Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085010 times)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6390 on: March 08, 2013, 04:53:43 pm »

silly frenchies

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: March 09, 2013, 07:10:53 am »

I finally bough a new mouse after THIRTEEN YEARS...yes, 13. And i can actually control the recoil a lot easier now, but granted cause i got pretty good at it with an ancient mouse i'm pretty darn accurate now. I had the original Intellimouse Explorer USB, top end and very expensive at the time and an amazing bit of hardware, still works flawlessly after all this time. I got a Logitech G9x, and you wouldn't believe how tough the middle mouse button is, i actually thought it didn't have one until i read you just have to apply a LOT of pressure, very odd. Nice bit of kit apart from that.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: March 09, 2013, 10:38:36 am »

I got a Razer Naga Hex, but I'm dealing with mouse drift T_T other than that the things downright awesome.

And I'm finally becoming good decent in the reaver.

Also foregrips on every gun, cause holy hell it makes it easier to shoot anything at range.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:40:34 am by darkrider2 »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: March 09, 2013, 11:51:57 am »

I got a Razer Naga Hex, but I'm dealing with mouse drift T_T other than that the things downright awesome.

And I'm finally becoming good decent in the reaver.

Also foregrips on every gun, cause holy hell it makes it easier to shoot anything at range.

In beta i swore by foregrips, they make you a million times more accurate(roughly ;p )
Now, i don't think i have any guns with foregrips ;p as i started playing LA(VX6-7, evil recoil on 1st shot, x3 multiplier) instead of my medic, was never really sure what to buy for my medic in release :/
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: March 09, 2013, 12:04:04 pm »

I finally bough a new mouse after THIRTEEN YEARS...yes, 13. And i can actually control the recoil a lot easier now, but granted cause i got pretty good at it with an ancient mouse i'm pretty darn accurate now. I had the original Intellimouse Explorer USB, top end and very expensive at the time and an amazing bit of hardware, still works flawlessly after all this time. I got a Logitech G9x, and you wouldn't believe how tough the middle mouse button is, i actually thought it didn't have one until i read you just have to apply a LOT of pressure, very odd. Nice bit of kit apart from that.

I still use and love my Intellimouse.  Took me a while to find a replacement after the first one gave out, but I got it.  Getting a true gaming mouse has crossed my mind, but I've never really considered it...

In other news, I may have to pimp out my Gauss SAW.  I was kicking ass with it unupgraded last night, and when the Phoenix comes out I'll probably be playing a lot more HA.  How do the various scopes compare on it?  I was thinking the 2X reflex for variety.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: March 09, 2013, 12:09:12 pm »

I have a logitech G300 gaming mouse, and it's pretty nice. The extra buttons it comes with aren't all that usefull, but I assigned one of them to change gun setting, wich is really helpfull.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6396 on: March 09, 2013, 12:15:16 pm »

Mine guard is amazing. I only have the 2nd level of it, but I put a sunderer by TI Alloys and it lived through dozens of mine attacks. LAs and engineers were running in left and right piling mines on it and kept leaving it with a sliver of health but friendly engineers kept fixing it back up.

It lasted like half an hour under a pretty extreme attack on it. It seemed like every 30 seconds it was on fire.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: March 09, 2013, 12:22:13 pm »

I can't live without the side buttons now.  So nice to be able to shoot, aim, jump, and reload with the mouse.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: March 09, 2013, 12:28:00 pm »

I've got a $10 Microsoft-made mouse that I don't even remember the name of, it's so generic. Most of the rubbery bits have started rotting. But I'm going to keep using it because I don't trust wireless mice. Woo selective technophobia!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: March 09, 2013, 12:42:31 pm »

I don't trust them either. Wireless stuff for computers just sucks balls in general, imho. You'll probably need 5.54x10^6 batteries to keep playing for a few hours.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #6400 on: March 09, 2013, 12:45:20 pm »

I don't like wireless mice either. I have a super cheap no name laser mouse. Works fine for me, very light and very sensitive - and despite the seemingly cheap construction it has held up a few years and the buttons still work fine.

I just had the most hilarious moment. I ran up behind a spot where a whole bunch of enemies were on a hill with a sunderer overlooking the crown (big hill south of it). I just ignored all the guys standing there and ran in and mined their sunderer, then chucked a grenade right on top of a group of them and started just running right among them mowing them down. I just seemed invincible for a minute there getting one after another with them all chaotic and running everywhere. I ran out of ammo (and I had a full stock when I ran in) on my rifle and just started knifing people since I was right in their faces anyway, getting a bunch of kill assists as they shot each other instead of me. I finally went down and there was just a big pile of VS bodies all around me. I got credit for at least fifteen or so kills (about half from the grenade and mines) and I must have had twenty or more kill assists. Then other NC who had been exchanging fire with those guys arrived and killed the rest of the VS and revived me. I've seen people do stuff like this in videos but this was the first time I managed to live so long in such a big group of enemies. I guess they were distracted by their sunderer exploding, the grenade taking out like 6 of them, and a bunch of NC seeing it as their opportunity to rush in.

I earned my first medal with the knife too. Never really used the knife before. I didn't pay attention to how many I got with the knife but people were dropping and I was just running among them in circles swinging away with it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: March 09, 2013, 12:51:06 pm »

I have a wireless mouse, which is waaaayyy better than my (admitedly very very) old one, and used only 4 standard batteries so far (6 month of intensive daily use. Like, 3+ hours per day every day.)

In other news I am trying to get the hang of the infiltrator, after months of exclusive LA play. Still have to buy a new rifle, so I wonder which one to buy.
I want a very long range one. Some say the 100 cert one is about the same as the 1000 cert parallax (I'm vanu), so I think I'll buy it. It's not like I am getting 1000 certs anytime soon anyway.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6402 on: March 09, 2013, 01:13:10 pm »

I think the differences for vanu between the rifles tend to be in the damage output vs speed of projectiles vs reload times, since they don't have bullet drop. So I imagine as long as you learn the travel times and go for headshots the actual damage output of the rifle may not matter (so long as the rifle has 1-hit kill headshots)...

Personally I've found two ways I like to play infiltrator: Long-Range Sniper and Ambusher. The former is all about learning the bullet drop and bullet travel times, and finding good positions where you can't be counter-sniped easily (as well as constantly moving positions), the latter about getting behind groups enemies without being spotted and unloading into them with the SMG. Very useful in the outposts.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: March 09, 2013, 01:19:45 pm »

This chart tracks PS2 server populations. Just punch in your server and timezone, and it will show you exactly when your server's primetime is.
UTC. Just use GMT, ffs. Is there some sort of secret plan to make every single American unit so that Europeans have a hard time using them? Mayby you guys will switch to some sort of English where you divide the number of every letter by 5 and then add 2 to get the letter you should say.

D.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: March 09, 2013, 01:43:40 pm »

So for me rush hour is about 8-9pm? Niiice. :D
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 826