Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089799 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6465 on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:16 am »

Flash + Phoenix just seems like an incredibly awesome combo.

Interesting question- since the Wraith upgrade doesn't preclude the rumble seat, how will cloaking and an in-flight missile interact?  Obviously you have to decloak to fire, but can you recloak while the rider is still guiding his missile?

Good thing we'll get VR to test this (not like I'm not buying the Phoenix day one anyway.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: March 12, 2013, 12:09:52 pm »

Wait, is rumble seat a second seat for the flash?

OH FUCK YES. I've wanted that feature since I first got on a flash. That thing just feels like it *needs* someone riding on it's back.

And while I don't invest into flashes a lot, I do enjoy driving them. Especially around the W5798M/whatever crash site. I *almost* did a full barrel roll.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: March 12, 2013, 12:13:17 pm »

Beat a triple front flip (from a cliff) with the driver actually surviving!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: March 12, 2013, 12:51:15 pm »

You can, indeed, jump off the impact site bridge and survive now.

This would make a Flash brigade even more awesome.  Have a rally point with ammo packs placed for the rear gunners, then charge into battle, Furies blazing, then spin around and unleash a round of Phoenix blasts to take down the survivors.  Rinse and repeat.

Something occurred to me about the Flash.  Since the max cooldown upgrade removes the cooldown on it entirely, couldn't one person heavily cert out their flash (max turbo, chassis 3, pimped out Fury, etc) and then spawn one for each of their squadmates?   Since the first one goes unclaimed when you spawn a second, I don't see any issues with that.  You could even set up a car lot in a base you just capped to let lots of people take rides.  At only 25 resources, that's 30 off a full tank of resources- 32 if you have the 10% discount. (plus more since by the time you actually spawned 32 flashes, you'd likely have a resource tick)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6469 on: March 12, 2013, 12:54:54 pm »

Woah, that's a neat idea. Flash lots sound like a lot of fun.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: March 12, 2013, 03:22:29 pm »

Gives new meaning to flash mob.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: March 13, 2013, 08:33:45 am »

GU4 patch notes.

A lot of big stuff in there not mentioned before.

- Massive increases to XP from destroyed vehicles (400 for a ESF or Lightning...)
- Most explosions have slightly higher damage but smaller radius
- Unexploded C4 despawns on death
- Lots of guns get extra spare ammo
- Bunnyhopping nerfed hard (hitbox detachment and apparent jump hight both fixed)
- Instant Action now doesn't give the choice of where to go and decoupled from squad deploy

I think most of the others had been leaked to reddit and the forums already, but there might be some more people aren't aware of so worth skimming at least.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: March 13, 2013, 08:37:17 am »

- Unexploded C4 despawns on death
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :'(
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: March 13, 2013, 09:10:29 am »

The XP increases for vehicles make my tank mines squeal with glee.

That is a pretty heavy nerf for C4, though.  I guess it's to combat suicide sundy runs?  Why not make tank mines require motion, then?  (please don't)

Curious to see the IA change.   And of course hurrah for all the Flash buffs, especially the horn buff.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: March 13, 2013, 09:42:51 am »

C4 got a nice buff though that might help make up for it. It's blast radius against infantry is larger if I read it correctly. I only have one for LA and no other class, so it actually is better now than it was before for me, at least for the purpose of dropping a C4 while flying where enemy infantry are.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:48:11 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: March 13, 2013, 09:48:33 am »

I'll still be going engineer-tank-mine-crazy-in-mah-lightning :D
And really looking forward to the VR area, wanna test a lot of things out...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6476 on: March 13, 2013, 09:51:27 am »

C4 got a nice buff though that might help make up for it. It's blast radius against infantry is larger if I read it correctly. I only have one for LA and no other class, so it actually is better now than it was before for me, at least for the purpose of dropping a C4 while flying where enemy infantry are.
The range at which C4 does maximum damage has been extended by 1 meter. Should make blasting MAXes and groups of infantry easier by extending the insta-death zone.

Edit: Clarity
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:08:14 am by palsch »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: March 13, 2013, 09:56:49 am »

Sounds like quite a buff for C4 with the bigger radius tough, especially considering the nature of the stuff.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: March 13, 2013, 11:02:28 am »

I suppose that's true, though do note it was only the inner radius was extended.

It's better against infantry at the cost of requiring the user to be more careful.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: March 13, 2013, 11:42:16 am »

I pretty much consider C4 to be the most valuable thing on the LA class and pretty much any buff to C4 is a buff to that class. Infil and Engi have mines, medic doesn't even need a utility (funny that the medic gets medical kit as a utility, redundant much?), HA uses a med kit on all my loadouts.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 826