Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089221 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7080 on: April 22, 2013, 07:54:35 am »

Really? I can hear anything over the sound of EXPLOSIONS!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: April 22, 2013, 09:49:13 am »

I agree with everything Metalax said, the thing that shocked me was:
Over a 4 hour play session I average around 300-400 certs in normal play so that's around 3-4 days to get enough to purchase pretty much any weapon, which is a pretty decent rate for a game that expects to be running for many years.
o.o
I typically get only 50-80, though I haven't played much after ribbons and alerts came out, so... eh.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: April 22, 2013, 09:56:36 am »

I'd be gloriously happy if I could average 80 certs in an hour.

I'm not very good though, so that probably has something to do with it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:20 am »

Not an hour, rather in about 2.5
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: April 22, 2013, 10:10:51 am »

Yeah, that was in reference to what Metalax said.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: April 22, 2013, 11:20:41 am »

I would be happy to reach this rate, too! I am more around 20 an hour...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: April 22, 2013, 11:54:41 am »

Looking at statistics, my all-time rate is roughly 27 certs/hour, including time spent idling, being an underequippped newb, having terrible FPS, etc. I'd guess I'm closer to 40-50 during actual play time these days.

Looking at that spreadsheet I posted before, the average for everyone on every server is only 19 certs/hour. Again, that includes all other factors. My outfit, which is of fairly mixed ability but at least puts in some minimum threshold, has an all-time average of 31 certs/hour.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: April 22, 2013, 12:16:10 pm »

My stats say I get 11 certs/hour... heh.
Sucks that that includes a lot of AFK time :/

Also, I somehow got 50 score using proximity mines, though I don't have them unlocked anywhere...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:19:51 pm by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: April 22, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »

Checking by outfit would probably give some interesting results, but I'm not sure how to interpret them.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: April 22, 2013, 01:40:21 pm »

Checking by outfit would probably give some interesting results, but I'm not sure how to interpret them.

Using Planetside Universe to read my outfit's stats I just took the average experience and divided by the average time played, converted to hours, then divided by 250. It ignores passive cert gain and medal bonuses which give certs without XP, but I just tacked on 2 certs per hour as an estimate of those.

Actually, checking that last assumption... I think I'm low. Checking my own total certs divided by time played gives me 32.6 certs/hour compared to 27.3 for (experience/hour)/250. I have one Auraxium medal and a handful of gold/silver, but nothing special. The Auraxium medal alone counts for nearly 1 bonus cert/hour.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: April 22, 2013, 01:45:48 pm »

Daamn. Auraxium medal is 1k kills?
Heh. I need to play more. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: April 22, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »

Daamn. Auraxium medal is 1k kills?
Heh. I need to play more. :P

Worse than that.

It's 1000, but each medal requires you get the kills on top of the kills for the previous medals. Gold is 100, silver 50, copper 10. That means you actually need 1160 for the Auraxium, giving a total of 232 certs. Think of it as a bonus 50 XP for the first 1160 kills with each weapon. Which, oddly enough, is the same as the new ribbon system.

I actually have 2.9k kills on my SAW now. When I say I love that thing...

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: April 23, 2013, 07:24:23 am »

This is getting emberassing, I cannot take down liberators in my reaver anymore. I don't know what it is general increase of liberator pilot and gunner skill level or I just got rusty, but nowadays engaging a lib alone is certain death for me. It's gotten to a point I actively avoid liberators at all cost and let ground AA take care of them.
I've no problem taking down other ESF but just those libs... Close in from behind you get the tail gunner on you, close in from the sides and the pilot will face the belly gun on you, front is definatly not an option unless you want to get shredded by a tankbuster. I can engage from above when unseen but then still most lib pilots seem to be able to make the climb up and face the belly gun at me effortlessly. Cue instagib by dalton/zephyr.
Argh, what am I doing wrong.

Again, trying everything I can to get out of the libs danger zones but no matter what I do it easily faces me with its nose or belly gun. Didn't even survive 10 seconds doing nothing but trying to avoid getting shot. Why are these damn things so agily.

On the topic of ESFs, does anyone know what's up with scythe ram damage? Just had a dogfight where I got a scythe to half and me nearly full health. We make a low speed collision blowing me up instantly and leaving the half damaged scythe with about 1/10 of his health left. Weird.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:29:32 pm by Jelle »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7093 on: April 23, 2013, 07:39:03 am »

This is getting emberassing, I cannot take down liberators in my reaver anymore. I don't know what it is general increase of liberator pilot and gunner skill level or I just got rusty, but nowadays engaging a lib alone is certain death for me. It's gotten to a point I actively avoid liberators at all cost and let ground AA take care of them.
I've no problem taking down other ESF but just those libs... Close in from behind you get the tail gunner on you, close in from the sides and the pilot will face the belly gun on you, front is definatly not an option unless you want to get shredded by a tankbuster. I can engage from above when unseen but then still most lib pilots seem to be able to make the climb up and face the belly gun at me effortlessly. Cue instagib by dalton/zephyr.
Argh, what am I doing wrong.

Again, trying everything I can to get out of the libs danger zones but no matter what I do it easily faces me with its nose or belly gun. Didn't even survive 10 seconds doing nothing but trying to avoid getting shot. Why are these damn things so agily.
Are you using the A2A missiles? You should be.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: April 23, 2013, 09:14:33 am »

Are you using the A2A missiles? You should be.

Sometimes but more often not. I'm not a huge fan of A2A missles against liberators, takes a little while to get a lock and maintaining max lock distance usually ends up with the lib facing me with the nose gun. I can manage hit and runs this way though.
When I outfit the A2A's it's usually to chase down fleeing ESF. I use the airhammer without the speed aiframe so I need some way to stop runners. Otherwise I use pods, for the odd chance there's unprotected armor to bust.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 826