Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089164 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7515 on: May 28, 2013, 09:49:15 am »

Oh, I meant while running. Virtually every class has "extra abilities and weapons" (mines, hacking, healing, repairing), and the MAX just has more health and double pewpews. Only the HA is more of a "MAX-lite", although he has RocketLaunchers.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: May 28, 2013, 10:12:54 am »

Egh zoe maxes, I hate these guys.

Where NC and TR max get a situational ability, VS gets a max ability that's beneficial to use in just about any situation. I don't think I've seen a VS max ever not use his zoe unless he was a low br and probably didn't have it yet. Really it's a flat out performance upgrade, you will likely take less damage due to the incredible movement speed regardless of armor lost.

Imo if it's going to be a flat power boost I think zoe should be limited in its use. Seems fair, lockdown and aegis usable in certain situation, zoe usable in certain limitations. I think the zoe max should get some form of power gauge that depleted while zoe is activated, and gradually refills when its inactive. This way a zoe max will at least have to back down after his rampage once he's out of juice.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: May 28, 2013, 11:03:36 am »

Really it's a flat out performance upgrade.
Since the VS MAX used to be flat out worse than the others, it's kinda fair IMO.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: May 28, 2013, 11:13:59 am »

Since the VS MAX used to be flat out worse than the others, it's kinda fair IMO.
Keywords: USED TO BE. There's been a lot of buffs for the VS max unrelated to the ZOE.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: May 28, 2013, 12:04:57 pm »

*ahem* no.

We will not talk like that in this thread.

I'm goddamn tired of hearing VS players state that the NC MAX was OP for three months every time someone so much as tries to discuss ZOE. It's a heavily implied statement that if one faction was OP for a while, then to balance that out the next faction should be OP, then all's fair. And vice versa UP things become OP, cycle continues.

No. We will not throw game balance out the window because something was OP at one time.

Every goddamn time I discussed air vs ground balance (pre - GU09) I received the argument that "It's you pilots fault for lolpodding everything in sight for 3 months straight".

This mentality is not only sidetracking the conversation, its a detriment to the genuine attempts to balance the game.

Keywords: USED TO BE. There's been a lot of buffs for the VS max unrelated to the ZOE.

After GU08 abouts I noticed a lot more vanu max's being used, up to the level where they were pulled just about as often as TR would pull max's. But after GU09 the ZOE makes the vanu MAX flat out better than using an infantryman, there is no downside to it. The extra damage taken is so easily negated its laughable, there's an engie practically anywhere there's a max, and you've got several different suit slot options specifically built to increase your resistance to damage.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: May 28, 2013, 12:12:14 pm »

I really don't get why people are all about this, the VS Max always used to be a good Max. Just no one ever did so cause a people cried about them and those that saw the crying just joined in without even trying the Max. I remember going toe to toe with many VS Maxes as both NC Infantry and Max and at least 8/10 lost as infantry and 4/10 as Max. This is at Full Health. The main reasons I would lose as a Max is cause they kept range on me, like smart people. The times I won they just seemed to give up and not even try...

"Oh no, that NC Max is Charging, I ain't standing still, just gonna charge past/around him so that we keep the sameish distance then turn around and continue kill him. His Shotgun arms are shotguns, stay out of range and they do little to no damage..."
OR
"Hey NC Max, BOOM BOOM BOOM, Surprise MOFO!, Oh your charging at me, woop woop woop, I ducked into this building and out the other door with my charge. Keep close if you can, oh your coming out the other door? SURPRISE MOFO!!! BOOM!!!"

The times I won is when the VS Max just gave up for some stupid reason...

A few months ago, I was being Gibbed as a NC Max by VS Maxes. One on One, you know why, they used their brains...

People really should have stopped trying to hug or let a NC Max hug them. When you don't let them hug you win...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7521 on: May 28, 2013, 12:25:39 pm »

Downside to ZOE: You outrun the engineer trying to repair you.

:P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: May 28, 2013, 03:29:05 pm »

Downside to ZOE: You outrun the engineer trying to repair you.

:P
Upside to ZOE: Your Engineer is further away from the gunfight, less likely to die and only takes a moment to return to him...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: May 28, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »

*ahem* no.

We will not talk like that in this thread.

I'm goddamn tired of hearing VS players state that the NC MAX was OP for three months every time someone so much as tries to discuss ZOE. It's a heavily implied statement that if one faction was OP for a while, then to balance that out the next faction should be OP, then all's fair. And vice versa UP things become OP, cycle continues.

No. We will not throw game balance out the window because something was OP at one time.

Every goddamn time I discussed air vs ground balance (pre - GU09) I received the argument that "It's you pilots fault for lolpodding everything in sight for 3 months straight".

This mentality is not only sidetracking the conversation, its a detriment to the genuine attempts to balance the game.

Thank you! I can understand people feeling like that, but to actually use it as an argument for game balance? The official PS2 forums are an infuriating and strange place to be around.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: May 28, 2013, 04:55:22 pm »

Amen

So I had a lot of certs earned over the double xp weekend and I decided to expand my repertoire with a few additions to my arsenal. Decided to invest in the vanguard and learn how to drive one of these hunks of metal.

I should note I've had a lot of previous experience driving the lightning. Not that I ever was to interested in spending to much time in a tank, I mostly felt like it was a waste to not use my vehicle resource. Got me a HEAT cannon for my lightning a long time back and got pretty good at it if I do say so myself. Hitting infantry with direct HEAT round hits every day all day at just about any range. Have no problem going for a head shot on infantry in medium to close range, and hit most shots at long range provided I take a good 5 seconds to take aim. Bottom line, I know how to handle my lightning. :)

I thought making the transition to a vanguard wouldn't be much effort, I thought wrong. I don't know what it is about this thing, I'm using the very similar titan HEAT cannon as the one I'm used to on my lightning. I don't know, it just doesn't seem as accurate as the one on the lightning. I find that I have to consistently aim a bit more to the right (or was it the left, not sure) of the reticule, as if the reticule is off the cannon by a significant margin. Maybe it's some kind of convergence issue, no idea really all I know is I'm having a hard time pulling off those perfect acccuracy shots.
Additionally where I love having enemy infantry close range in my lightning, it's hell on my vanguard. I simply cannot hit infantry in close range with this cannon. Don't know what it is, maybe the lower profile of the lightning lends itself more to taking shots at infantry, but on a vanguard I find myself incapable of scoring direct hits up close. Really annoying when I have to turn tail from two heavies in close range because I cannot hit them for the life of me.

Otherwise it's smooth sailing. Amazing velocity and low bullet drop make this thing a beast at taking down liberators and even esf. The accuracy issues seem a bit less on long range, so I've had good results playing more like mobile artillery.

Anyway certs! I already bought the enforcer secondary, wich appears to be amazing, front armor and the shield. Right now I'm trying to figure out wich performance cert I want and wether I want a new cannon. On one hand I'm used to the HEAT and it has served me well thus far, on the other hand I'm used to scoring direct hits in infantry wich I believe is just as possible with armor piercing rounds. I used the rival chassis on my lightning, but I honestly can't decide wich the vanguard needs more. Both it's turning speed and acceleration are incredibly poor. First thought is rival, to make sure I can turn to face with front armor in a close quarter tank showdown.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: May 28, 2013, 05:25:49 pm »

The accuracy troubles you have sound very much like a convergence issue. The vanguard's main cannon barrel is probably more offset from the camera than the lightning's. I hear the issue is even worse for prowlers.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: May 28, 2013, 07:51:06 pm »

Any TR people out there besides me?

I have 500 certs to spare and I'm considering getting the following guns:

LC3 Jaguar (250c)
TAR (250c)
TMG-50 (500c)
Dual Mutilators (250c x 2)
The second H3 Pounder (250c)

The MAX guns didn't impress me that much, but the other three guns do. But I obviously can't get all three of them. Which ones are worth it?

The accuracy troubles you have sound very much like a convergence issue. The vanguard's main cannon barrel is probably more offset from the camera than the lightning's. I hear the issue is even worse for prowlers.

It's alright enough for shooting tanks. But it's damned hard shooting that heavy who's fifty meters or so away and about to shoot you with a rocket. I'm not sure either barrel is aligned with the optics.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: May 28, 2013, 07:53:24 pm »

That's the one thing I hate about dual falcons on the NC MAX- they're both offset and I can't hit infantry (and usually MAXes) for shit with them.  The problem is exacerbated by my nonstandard keybind.  (I have jump on right click and alt fire on space- that means I shoot the right arm with my left hand and vice versa.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: May 28, 2013, 10:37:38 pm »

ERMAGERD NC MAX NO TAKE DAMAGE WHEN SHIELD IS UP PLZ NERF

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: May 29, 2013, 01:16:17 am »

ERMAGERD NC MAX NO TAKE DAMAGE WHEN SHIELD IS UP PLZ NERF
SoE's Reply - OMG YOU TOTS RIGT, TR AND VS SHOD ALWY B BETTA DEN NC!!! NERF!!!
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 826