Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089787 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7725 on: June 17, 2013, 04:01:49 pm »

Good call on that- I'd hate to delay GU11 because they didn't nerf NC MAXes enough.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: June 17, 2013, 04:34:13 pm »

Oh wow.
Funny thing...

(print screen button don't work :/)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: June 17, 2013, 04:45:03 pm »

Might want to grab a biscuit and cup of tea, that could take a while.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: June 17, 2013, 04:46:22 pm »

Funny thing is, I can't actually get rid of it.
*twiddles thumbs*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: June 17, 2013, 05:03:27 pm »

If you go to a Warp Gate terminal you can cancel the queue message.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: June 17, 2013, 05:19:20 pm »

A crash solved my problems.
However, before that I was able to find a floating ghost teleporter.

Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xczFEviGY8
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:46 pm »

Our whole outfit had that the other day. Just randomly appears and there seem to be a couple of different numbers you can get. Thinking of incorporating it into some sort of lottery.

I've been playing MAX a little more than usual. Not liking having one arm Hacksaw one arm Scatter. It's awkward to hold one button and spam the other. Might swap out the Hacksaw till I can be bothered to buy the second or at least get extended mags on it. Kinda want the shield but not sure how much I'll use MAX after this next patch.

May have some interesting news this weekend, but want to see if anything comes of it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: June 17, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »

Yeah, I've had that one before- the whole platoon at once.

Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xczFEviGY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJSt91Ed5d0

I've been playing MAX a little more than usual. Not liking having one arm Hacksaw one arm Scatter. It's awkward to hold one button and spam the other. Might swap out the Hacksaw till I can be bothered to buy the second or at least get extended mags on it. Kinda want the shield but not sure how much I'll use MAX after this next patch.

A fellow Hacksaw on sale buyer?  I'm doing the same thing too.  I put slugs on the Scat arm, but find myself just semiauto firing both of them.  It's... okay.  I'm just overall very disappointed with the NC MAX.

On a side note, though, I'm ditching MAX flak in favor of kinetic.  I almost never die to explosions, unless it's a C4 in the face where I'm probably screwed anyway.  I think kinetic is better for the NC- their AI options require you to be up in their face, so explosives are just as dangerous for them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: June 18, 2013, 12:19:51 am »

Trying to get back into this a bit.

Sniper rifles still seem horrible.  Makes me sad.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: June 19, 2013, 09:18:24 am »

Skyguard on sale today ahead of it's buffs. Also worth noting that this week the SMGs are on sale at 600SC for both. So basically 100SC discount on an SMG with a free spare.

They have tweaked the vehicle resources down a little (Flash 100 rather than 150, Harasser and Lightning 300 from 400) but I'm still a little apprehensive about that change.

The shotgun changes are a little different as well;
    134/60 max/min damage shotguns are being reduced to 130/50.

134/50 max/min damage shotguns (full-autos) are being reduced to 125/45.

112/90 max/min damage shotguns are being reduced to 112/70.

The NC MAX damage values are also being updated to match the above, though this is being offset by increasing the distance before damage scaling starts and ends (they will now now match the infantry ranges at 8/18 meter, and 10/30 for the Mattock). The end result is a small trade of upfront damage for more damage at the medium shotgun ranges.
So basically the Scatmax gets an extra 2-3m of instagib range at the cost of being even worse at range. Regular shotguns just get a flat nerf particularly aimed at reducing their ranged effectiveness.

EDIT: graphs.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:20:49 am by palsch »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: June 19, 2013, 09:22:19 am »

Skyguard buy is tempting.  Several times I've been caught lacking it, and since I still don't have a second burster arm... hm.

The scatmax change would be great if they tightened the spread all around to go with it.  Oh, how I miss the choke setting from PS1 now...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7736 on: June 20, 2013, 03:58:54 pm »

Continent domination thresholds have been adjusted to make achieving OR breaking continent domination a viable goal during primetime. Continents will change ownership when an empire owns 75% of the territory, and their ownership will break when they're reduced to below 15%.

Something I haven't seen brought up that is in today's update. Should make continent captures during alerts a lot more common and a lot harder to hold on to multiple continents.

edit: also
The last rank of the Repair Tool now allows Engineers to deconstruct enemy tank mines. This will reward the Engineer experience.

Engineers now get to play minesweeper.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:08:45 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: June 20, 2013, 04:02:46 pm »

Skyguard buy is tempting.  Several times I've been caught lacking it, and since I still don't have a second burster arm... hm.

The scatmax change would be great if they tightened the spread all around to go with it.  Oh, how I miss the choke setting from PS1 now...

picked one up earlier for like 300 SC i think

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: June 20, 2013, 05:15:55 pm »

So the big undocumented change this patch is that destroying an SCU also disables spawn room shields and pain field. No more spawn room camping on large facilities.

The Enforcer is notably nerfed, but still awesome. You need two hits on infantry to kill them now. Which happens often enough.

Didn't notice much of a change on my Piston shotgun. Maybe slightly worse at blasting away at range but it always sucked at that so hard to tell. Still had a eleven kill streak with nine of them coming from the Piston (the other two were one-manned Prowlers destroyed with a base turret), so not nerfed into the ground.

Didn't get a chance to try out the MAX changes (scat or bursters) or pull a skyguard, so can't comment on them. Actually I can't remember using the Bursters since beta (fakedit: after checking I've fired less than 2000 rounds with them) and have only run Skyguard three or four times, so probably couldn't comment on them anyway.

Still early days on the resource cost change. Saw plenty of MAXes, tanks and air. Was fractionally more satisfying to destroy them.

The KDR change is nice, especially as a medic. Certainly more people staying down till I could revive them than usual.

Time to max out the engineer tool.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7739 on: June 20, 2013, 05:33:50 pm »

Just a warning if you play on Cobalt, since the update, opening the social tab in any way seems to cause the game to freeze. This doesn't seem to be effecting other servers.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 826