Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089586 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7755 on: June 21, 2013, 09:04:32 am »

Ohh new patch, lots of changes in this one.

My hammer! It's completely different! The regular fire mode appears to have remained the same, but burst mode now fires the three shots very rapidly followed by a short reload. Also now have a 12 round magazine wich is very practical for burst fire.
Not sure what to think, not had much to shoot at with this new jackhammer. My impression is regular mode is as it was a slower but more accurate version of the auto shotty, and burst mode now appears to shoot more like a pump action without the benefit of it being pump action. Buff nerf? No idea

Resource changes, good good. The resources cost was a little rediculous compared to resource gain before, glad they finally changed it so vehicle spam may be a thing of the past. So many ugly balance changes were needed to curb vehicle spam before. Only wish  they'd have nerfed resource gain instead of cost, more resource buffer. I'm sure they did it like this for a reason I guess.
Now they just need to tone down heavy's anti verhicle capabilities to compensate. Only reason they had any business being vehicle destroying monsters was because of vehicle spam. Either that or buff vehicle health across the board I suppose.

Nice changes overall, I just hope they don't forget to tackle the horrific state of air right now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: June 21, 2013, 12:50:55 pm »

Perhaps they did it that way to bring back the classic 1-2 punch from PS1; a single followed immediately by a burst.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7757 on: June 21, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »

From what we have been able to gather in game tonight, it seems to only be effecting VS on Cobalt and is happening to everyone, regardless of characters in names. If you are not already in a squad/platoon then opening the social tab will cause the game to hang. If you have already joined a squad by being invited you can then open the tab, but it reacts slowly compared to normal.
Oh damnit. And I was to play today :(

You in an outfit btw? I'm in PTMC.

Yeah character is ErrorError and I run with OWND. Seen some good cooperation with PTMC in the past during alerts.

edit: looks like there has been a hotfix, going to check if it has fixed this.
edit2: and it indeed seems to have fixed it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:29:13 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: June 21, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »

Also by pure chance I ran into Tylui on Amerish. Literally, even. Sadly he got the best of me in our sole engagement.

It was quite the brief encounter! I was testing out the speed boost to drifter jets. I couldn't tell a difference at first, but you can really tell the difference running from one side of a bio lab to the other and count the seconds. Since I was playing light assault, I had my shotgun out. Poor infiltrator groovestar :(

I was quite excited to see a bay12 member though I think I typed ogm by accident even

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: June 21, 2013, 05:30:27 pm »

Can't say I've seen that name, but I've sure shot down plenty of you OWND vanu it's like a hobby of mine. They seem like a large outfit, never seem to recognize any of them.
I mostly play on esamir anyway, pc is getting a little old to manage good framerate in the larger fights of indar. Here's hoping they do some multithreading improvements sooner rather then later.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: June 21, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »

Yeah, OWND is the biggest one, by far. I like PTMC as they really organise their daily platoons, mixed with goofy/serious stuff. Had to pass on the MLG thing tonight, though.

Tried out the drifters as well. I'm... getting used to them, I guess.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: June 21, 2013, 08:49:03 pm »

Is UristIronblood one of us? Saw a Vanu soldier with that name while holding a tech plant today.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: June 21, 2013, 09:09:22 pm »

So if anyone is reading this I am about to log into Mattherson NC... Let's do this thang fellow dorfs!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: June 22, 2013, 05:42:31 am »

So, what does everyone think of the new night vision?

Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: June 22, 2013, 05:43:59 am »

What is the range on that thing, 30cm?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: June 22, 2013, 05:52:14 am »

They seem like they'd work....in beta nights. No real use for them now what with how light the nights are as I see it.
On a seperate note, I want beta nights back.  :(

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: June 22, 2013, 05:53:41 am »

I've not experienced the beta nights before, but I suspect they'll make a return once SOE has some time to code in more illuminating options. Flares, perhaps NV goggles rather than scopes/optics. Stuff like that.

At least, that's what I hope.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: June 22, 2013, 05:54:53 am »

I bought NV for a magrider secondary, and played it with a dude right before the update...
Well, 50 certs for 50 minutes of playtime, seems legit.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: June 22, 2013, 06:03:42 am »

Oh man, I would love proper nights and NV goggles. None of this highlighting rubbish, just plain old green

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: June 22, 2013, 06:08:27 am »

Vehicle NV is now non-highlighting, just plain green. Also has horrible contrast in most places.
Entropy is not what it used to be.
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 826