Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089833 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7785 on: June 23, 2013, 11:46:01 pm »

Oh, and then I got run over by a scythe in several minutes. And I play as Vanu... >.>

I jumped out to repair my beloved light tanks and got killed by a Scythe.

The end.

I used to be a PS2 player just like you, then I got killed by a Scythe.
Exactly.

Sorry to about 27 people I've teamkilled by ramming with a Scythe... >.>
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: June 24, 2013, 02:21:23 am »

Most people I killed in a Scythe is myself, over and over.

Too bad that they nerfed the slugs (or at least they feel that way, it's a bit harder to snipe now), but I still LOVE my Nova shotgun. Best 1000 certs spent so far. And getting that second brink of C4, makes all the difference. I am become sundyhunter, blower-upper of spawnpoints (and when you choose blockade armor, I'll just switch to engy and mine you).

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: June 24, 2013, 02:33:15 am »

Only 2 more left, BUT NOW. I am going to add some difficulty to getting them...

RIDDLES!!!

I mean I could have gone with Pushing little Boxes and stuff. But that's old school...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: June 24, 2013, 07:50:13 am »

Here is the 4th part. Riddle time!!!
These are all my own riddles, I MAKING THEM UP!!!

The First starts now and end when you own.
The Second is never without being ever alone.
The Third is that of the count of a Red Rock in the stars.
The Last is needed to begin building a dome.

If no one can work these out when I release the last past I will give the answer away...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:16:17 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: June 24, 2013, 07:59:22 am »

I got it, if it makes you feel better.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: June 24, 2013, 08:24:56 am »

I got two of them, the others are just making my eyes blur.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: June 24, 2013, 11:10:18 am »

Can ya pm it to me just to be sure...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: June 24, 2013, 03:57:47 pm »

Some days you just feel like shooting your teammates over and over until you get weapon lock.

NC was holed up in the Rashnu tower, 48+ guys there. VS walked up and capped the point, which is outside the tower. I spent about two minutes trying to attack the point back. During those two minutes, I only spotted a single fellow NC leave the tower and head in the general direction of the point.

That's right. For two minutes, about 50 NC players literally made no attempt to retake the base they were standing in, just watching the timer tick down. I'll concede a few of them probably picked off defenders from their tower positions, helping the cause, but... c'mon, really.

Also people hiding in bio lab spawn rooms... but you can see that level of passive-stupid every day.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: June 24, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »

Ok this reminds me... anyone knows how to shoot through spawnroom shields?

Every time my team is sieging some outpost the defenders shoot freely through the shield but when its my team that defends i can't do it for the life of me.

At fist i thought it's just some cert upgrade but i can't find anything related to it... so i'm kida stumped because noone is whining on the forums about it as well.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: June 24, 2013, 04:06:29 pm »

You just shoot out.

There are some spawn room shields that you can't shoot out of, like the ones in towers. I think those are the only exceptions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: June 24, 2013, 04:11:16 pm »

You can't shoot through tower spawnroom shields and through vehicle shields in any place. That's all I can recall right now...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7796 on: June 24, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can shoot through the wall vehicle shields now, the ones that are outside and don't lead directly into a building. That was changed in a patch a while back.

Unless they unchanged it. I don't run into those during a fire fight too often.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: June 24, 2013, 04:58:01 pm »

Shields are very inconsistent in what you can do through them. Vehicle shields (ones with a tank in a shield) can't be shot or driven through, but can be walked through. Amp station bay shield can be passed by the owners of the facility, but not defenders. Neither can shoot through them. Spawn shields can be shot through by the defenders, unless they're tower spawn shields. SCU shields (the yellow ones) can be shot through and walked through by the defender. Not sure about vehicles, it very rarely comes up as an issue.

I think that's all the shields.

Regarding being shot through shields as the defender, I think there's a bug or unintended feature where splash damage propagates through a player that's halfway through the shield. I.e. if a player that is halfway outside is shot by a HE shell, the splash damage will affect the people just inside the shield as well. Spawn shields now also go down when the SCU does in facilities since last patch, apparently. If you're getting shot in some other scenario, then I have no idea. Maybe some sort of exploit.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: June 24, 2013, 05:05:00 pm »

Some days you just feel like shooting your teammates over and over until you get weapon lock.
Pfft. Attacked biodome, and there's a standoff at the landing pad as we were greatly outnumbered.

So I run in, fly up, turn around, and shoot/C4 the TR in the back until I get killed. 4/5 kills per life. And I was the only one doing it, the entire rest of my team just stayed there on the pad firing potshots...

In a game with almost instant respawn, death means nothing. Shooting a guy and then not advancing to take advantage of that just gives him the opportunity to get back in place in at most 20 seconds, making your entire shot futile.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: June 24, 2013, 05:24:02 pm »

I'm always nervous about shooting a rocket through a spawn shield. Never know that particular shield doesn't let you shoot through it, and your rocket promptly explodes in your face.

Getting pretty darn annoyed by how effective c4 is to take out armor now, coming from someone who uses a lot of c4 and drives the occasional tank. All those resources down the drain when a single light assault decides to ruin your day. It's probably a good idea to tweak c4 effectiveness now  that armor and max suits have dramatically increased in cost.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:26:39 pm by Jelle »
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 826