Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089595 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8130 on: July 19, 2013, 09:31:41 am »

My most fav hacker that hit Briggs was a duo, they both played TR and was a Bane of any of my Outfits manuvours due to them just coming around and farming us, making TR win when they should not have. Gave us such a bad name on how easy we were to defeat, but that was only cause of Fucking Hackers getting in the way...

They Speedhacked Maxes, and a TR Max that moved at what is now the ZOE's speed back then was impossible to hit/kill. They were banned countless times but they knew how to get around that and would be back literally minutes later doing the same shit with a slightly different name so you knew it was them. One day we were defending the Crown when they appeared, fed up with them swaying the battle so quickly I sent a Tell, surprisingly enough they were quite Merry about shit, and not all douchebaggy as most hackers are. He told me that he and his friend were bored of the game already and were just hacking it to be arseholes towards SoE for making "a Crappy game". Slightly annoyed that they would stoop to that I jested that they should go NC next time they were banned, which luck would have it, was then and there, they were banned after a GM came on with his announcement things...

5mins later, we watched as 2 NC Maxes speed across the bridge from Zurvan to Ti Alloys faster then a Flash could go...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:28 pm »

Amount of times I pop my head up and get double tapped in the head by a br1 with the default vanu sniper rifle, or headshotted whilst sprinting and zigging by the bolt driver are staggering.

Considering it was the amount of hackers that finally killed PS1 you'd think SOE would know better

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8132 on: July 19, 2013, 03:02:31 pm »

Free to Play games will always be plagued by hackers. It's just a matter of how fast they can be gotten rid of.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: July 19, 2013, 06:32:54 pm »

Is it just me or do a lot of squads not have any experience with the surprisingly effective "just go fucking kill them" strategy?

Watching people fuck around with galaxies, and sunderers, and waypoints, and holding useless sections of land because they're 'tactically valuable!'... it's just kinda sad.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: July 19, 2013, 06:59:24 pm »

Squads that fuck around with galaxies and sunderers and waypoints and focus on useless territory capture are some of the better squads I've been in.

Running around with squads/platoons that do that means you get to frequently engage in 12v12 or 24v24 fights, which I find a lot more fun than larger battles.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: July 19, 2013, 07:24:55 pm »

I dunno how spending 5 minutes loading a galaxy and slowly flying it somewhere has any affect on the size of the battle when you get there, but... alright.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: July 19, 2013, 08:37:57 pm »

Yeah, I don't really like the big meat grinders either.
Is it just me or do a lot of squads not have any experience with the surprisingly effective "just go fucking kill them" strategy?

Watching people fuck around with galaxies, and sunderers, and waypoints, and holding useless sections of land because they're 'tactically valuable!'... it's just kinda sad.

Why would you care? It's a game, its purpose is to entertain. If that's what they find fun, good for them. :) Nobody's stopping you from going into one of those big meat grinder fights if you prefer that sort of thing...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: July 19, 2013, 09:03:37 pm »

I dunno how spending 5 minutes loading a galaxy and slowly flying it somewhere has any affect on the size of the battle when you get there, but... alright.

I underlined your problem.

My outfit has this down- from the leader's call, we can get back to warpgate, load two gals, and get going in sixty seconds.  We've pulled off incredible saves.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: July 20, 2013, 03:55:39 am »

Yeah, I don't really like the big meat grinders either.

Why would you care? It's a game, its purpose is to entertain. If that's what they find fun, good for them. :) Nobody's stopping you from going into one of those big meat grinder fights if you prefer that sort of thing...

I don't really care. It's just that people always talk about how it's a team-oriented game, but my team always seems in a drunken stupor, and I'm just curious if anyone else feels the same.

Like, they get so caught up in trying to be a good teamwork-y and organized squad that they sort of stop actually playing well. It just struck me as kinda funny, is all.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: July 20, 2013, 05:03:35 am »

Two big updates just went onto the roadmap.

September - Resource Revamp
There is a second dev post on the page I linked giving more details.

In brief;
-The three resources are replaced by a single resource pool (calling it nanites till told otherwise).
-No acquisition timers at all (cert lines seem likely to be refunded).
-No inventory of items; all resources consumed on use rather than on resupply.
-Nanites are resupplied over time based only on the power level of the base you are in.
-Resupplying nanites reduces the power level of the base based on how many people are there.
-That power level recharges over time based on the connection to the warpgate.
-Power can also be recharged by bringing auraxium crystals from nearby mines.

November - Continent Locking

- Each faction will have a home warpgate on one of the three current continents. These can't be captured.
- Other warpgates can be captured.
- The three current continents will be connected by a continental lattice with battle islands set between them.
- Hossin will be connected to the three current continents directly through the warpgates with no home warpgate.

Still need a lot more details here to fully understand it, but it sounds like it could be cool.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: July 20, 2013, 06:08:14 am »

Quote from: September - Resource Revamp
Addition of Auraxium Crystals/Mines as a power source
    These are resource nodes added in between facilities
    Vehicles fitted with appropriate equipment can load up auraxium at these nodes
    This auraxium can be transported to a base to manually refill it’s power reserves

Being a trucker in a combat zone is everything I have ever wanted out of a video game ever.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: July 20, 2013, 06:10:36 am »

Oh good they're bringing ant runs back.

But what are they replacing faster resource gain for members with?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: July 20, 2013, 06:23:01 am »

This auraxium can be transported to a base to manually refill it’s power reserves

Being a trucker in a combat zone is everything I have ever wanted out of a video game ever.
The way you put it, it does actually sound fun, no sarcasm.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: July 20, 2013, 06:46:21 am »

Driving an ANT into a base that's on 10% power and saving the day was massively fulfilling.

But its going to be a lot harder this time around as you can't do gal drops

I do wonder though if ANT bombing will make a return.
ANTs explosion radius depended on how full it was, a fully load ant had the explosive power of an orbital strike.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: July 20, 2013, 08:55:58 am »

The way you put it, it does actually sound fun, no sarcasm.

Well Galaxies will have a use now!
Also my sundered will be turned into a cargo truck the second this update goes live... assuming ferrying auraxuim is at least mildly rewarding.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 826