Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089256 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8280 on: October 21, 2013, 01:16:26 pm »

I stopped playing because:
1. You basically need an insane computer to play it with good FPS
2. lel more nc nerfs xD xD

1 - It's not as much a case of "insane computer needed" but more of a case of "You need the hardware supported by our sponsors to play smoothly"
2 - What did they nerf this time?
The good thing about NC are their tanks... the rest is more or less junk unless it's a exact copy of TR/VS gear.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:24:44 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: October 21, 2013, 01:33:25 pm »

To clarify: I've stopped playing two months ago just because NC was constantly getting nerfed.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: October 21, 2013, 01:40:44 pm »

Oh... the shotgun nerf then?

Well good thing i went TR... the only bad thing about them is the hilarious tank they get... my only idea of using it would be packing HE and acting as a siege tank from star craft by throwing shells at targets 800 meters away from me while being behind a hill or some other obstruction.
Self promotion below.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: October 21, 2013, 01:42:34 pm »

Oh... the shotgun nerf then?

Well good thing i went TR... the only bad thing about them is the hilarious tank they get... my only idea of using it would be packing HE and acting as a siege tank from star craft buy throwing shells at targets 800 meters away from behind a hill or something.
TR is definitely OP at the moment, and also SOE's favoured faction. Like VS was for the time during and before the faction-specific max upgrades, and the NC was at launch.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: October 21, 2013, 01:48:09 pm »

Oh right... the striker.
Basically the best lockon in the game but those are probably going to get nerfed to hell once the ESF patch hits.

Also personally i think VA are the OP ones.

The logic behind VA weapon balancing.
Lets make them have no bullet drop but reduce their firepower at range more than other factions!
*some time later*
Why are VA guns dealing less damage than other factions? Get them in line!

And this is how VA slug shotguns became the best (and the only good) battle rifles in the game.
Self promotion below.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: October 21, 2013, 01:50:34 pm »

Oh right... the striker.
Basically the best lockon in the game but those are probably going to get nerfed to hell once the ESF patch hits.

Also personally i think VA are the OP ones.

The logic behind VA weapon balancing.
Lets make them have no bullet drop but reduce their firepower at range more than other factions!
*some time later*
Why are VA guns dealing less damage than other factions? Get them in line!

And this is how VA slug shotguns became the best (and the only good) battle rifles in the game.
The stunted visibility is Planetside 2 makes the lack of bullet drop utterly useless. I've played both NC and VS and the bullet drop is not noticeable at all at any reasonable ranges.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: October 21, 2013, 01:52:02 pm »

1 - It's not as much a case of "insane computer needed" but more of a case of "You need the hardware supported by our sponsors to play smoothly"
Did they ever do any hardware optimizations?  Because I ran this game at minimum settings and often had terrible stuttering if I ever got into a big fight.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: October 21, 2013, 02:03:39 pm »

The stunted visibility is Planetside 2 makes the lack of bullet drop utterly useless. I've played both NC and VS and the bullet drop is not noticeable at all at any reasonable ranges.

For standard guns yeah.
Not for shotguns tho. The drop on those is massive.
I'm using a x1 reflex scope on mine and anyone further away has to be pretty much on the bottom of my sight (not the crosshair but the sight itself!)
It's almost like using a slingshot.

VA don't get the same problems with their slugs because they fly straight no matter what.
Self promotion below.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: October 21, 2013, 03:33:35 pm »

Did they ever do any hardware optimizations?  Because I ran this game at minimum settings and often had terrible stuttering if I ever got into a big fight.

SOE is working on a big optimization update, and have been for a month or two. It's all they've been working on, in fact.

Oh right... the striker.

Don't forget Vulcan and Marauder Harassers.

I gunned one of those once. It was awesome.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: October 21, 2013, 04:00:35 pm »

Hey, sorry to go off-topic a bit... I played the game when it launched and liked the fighting on the whole, but really didn't like one thing that I wanted to know if it was changed or not. You cannot attack zones that are not directly connected to other zones under your faction's control.
So you couldn't take a band of friends, drop behind enemy lines, and take some zones. Did this ever get changed or is still the same?
Feeling down? Click Here!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: October 21, 2013, 04:04:30 pm »

Nope, Lattice still removes all possibilty of multi-pronged assaults and deep insertion attacks.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: October 21, 2013, 04:27:01 pm »

Well i don't have eny of them but i co-drove some tanks equipped with Marauders and Vulkans.
A Marauder (especially certed in thermal vision and extra ammo) is a terror against infantry and pretty darn strong against vehicles so i agree it's OP (especially for the price).

The Vulcan tho?
I fail to see what's the fuss about it.
Seriously.
Every time i get to use it on a tank (as a gunner) i find it constantly underwhelming.
Sure it could tear through aircraft for some time (NERFED!) but you had to HIT them first and the accuracy is atrocious.
It's even worse than basilisk so unless you're jamming the barrel into someones throat half of the ordenance will miss

Every time i use it sprays bullets EVERYWHERE around the target.
Personally i'd take a saron over vulcan any day if only for the luxury of being capable of HITTING anything more than 10 meters away with a bit or reliability.
Self promotion below.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: October 21, 2013, 06:24:47 pm »

Every time i get to use it on a tank (as a gunner) i find it constantly underwhelming.
The complaint is usually about the Vulcan on a Harasser. That combination is really OP. The saron is really hard to aim at high speeds, but the Vulcan sprays so much that enough of em hit.

Also, the slugs were nerfed somewhat a while ago. I used to use them a lot, but stopped getting kills with em for some reason. They're also completely useless at close range.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: October 21, 2013, 06:42:49 pm »

Slugs still feel plenty useful to me at medium range. Much better than Mercenary, at least.

Anyway, as far as hardware is concerned, mine isn't exactly top notch and I run the game perfectly smooth, even in towers. I got AMD FX 6300 six core CPU @ 3.5GHz, 4Gb of DDR3 and ATI EAH 6670 with 1Gb GDDR5.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: October 21, 2013, 07:38:34 pm »

For standard guns yeah.
Not for shotguns tho. The drop on those is massive.
I'm using a x1 reflex scope on mine and anyone further away has to be pretty much on the bottom of my sight (not the crosshair but the sight itself!)
It's almost like using a slingshot.

VA don't get the same problems with their slugs because they fly straight no matter what.

As a light assault, who spends more time marking targets and only rarely shoots targets of opportunity: I find that bullet drop is pretty damn noticeable. It's just not obnoxiously overdone *cough Battlefiend 3 cough*
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 826