Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089921 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8925 on: December 15, 2013, 07:22:51 pm »

Big sales coming up.

From 18 Dec. to 1 Jan. there'll be daily category sales with everything in that category (e.g. shotguns, vehicle camo, etc.) 50% off. In addition, the item of the day will be available for 1SC for members, or 99SC for non-subscribers.

Damn, this is actually better than 3x SC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8926 on: December 15, 2013, 07:47:25 pm »

Big sales coming up.

From 18 Dec. to 1 Jan. there'll be daily category sales with everything in that category (e.g. shotguns, vehicle camo, etc.) 50% off. In addition, the item of the day will be available for 1SC for members, or 99SC for non-subscribers.

Damn, this is actually better than 3x SC.

Nice, I have a little over 2000 SC left from the alpha squad bundle so should be able to grab some new weapons on offer. Hopefully the featured items will be weapons rather than cosmetics.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: December 15, 2013, 07:50:53 pm »

Tried the TR minichaingun... it's a very silly piece of hardware.
For one thing it's suprisingly effective against ESFs (not really a flak cannon but it would be the closest thing i'd consider to be a non rocket effective AA weapon for non MAX infantry.

Sadly like most infantry weapons it does jack to liberators and gals... but that's not what the gun is for anyway.

Well how about the weapon itself?
If you run out and meet someone behind a corner pointing his gun at you you're most likely dead.
It's SUPRISINGLY accurate for the first few shots... to the point that shooting people over 100 meters away is not a stupid idea.

During those 30 minutes i either died like a lost goat or went on 5 man rampages even killing distracted MAXes from time to time.
And if i buy it the thing will be even better due to the double mag size.

I'm 300 certs away from 1000 but i know what i'm buying next... it's just too funny to pass on.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: December 15, 2013, 08:05:01 pm »

Here's hoping some good stuff goes on the daily sales for those weeks.  I'm wanting to buy the Jackhammer, and... it's tempting to pick up membership for the huge sales, because there's really no reason not to buy something you don't have at *one* SC.  Everyone should have gotten that easy 170 or whatever it was SC anyway.

EDIT- Irony is that Black Friday sale would have gone better if people had known this was coming.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: December 15, 2013, 11:36:56 pm »

I've seen healing grenades used a couple times before and was considering picking them up to see how useful they were. Many times there are chokepoints that seem impossible to get through, even with MAXes, or maybe we're just not coordinated enough.

The only time I've ever seen Healing grenades be of any use is in super-organized ops play with a platoon's worth of people, where two medics are throwing Revive/Healing grenades into a room one after the other in order to bring a whole squad back to life with full health.

In solo, semi-organized, and most organized play they're just plain not as useful as the Revive grenade.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: December 16, 2013, 12:48:32 am »

EDIT- Irony is that Black Friday sale would have gone better if people had known this was coming.

Yeah. It seems like SOE is trying really hard to make everyone regret either spending or not spending money.

I've been waiting for the next triple SC sale, only to find that they split it into two without warning anyone and now by missing out on the first one, I've screwed myself over for the other half. I suppose there's always next year...

'course, they could just charge less than $15 for a set of camo, making it more palatable to get at full price.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:57 am »

Eh, you can buy 1mo. of subscription. That'll get you one 700SC item on its sale day plus every single 1SC special just from the 500SC you get for subscribing. That's probably what I'll do, maybe add another $10 of SC.

3. Run Resize Enable

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: December 16, 2013, 12:40:02 pm »

Oh how I hate that I currently can't spend actually buy anything from where I am right now. ;(
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: December 16, 2013, 01:42:56 pm »

Eh, you can buy 1mo. of subscription. That'll get you one 700SC item on its sale day plus every single 1SC special just from the 500SC you get for subscribing. That's probably what I'll do, maybe add another $10 of SC.
Oh, as clarification for this:

IIRC membership is account-wide, so you can get all 15 1SC items for each of your characters, though there'll probably be some overlap with NS stuff. That means an absolute minimum of 16 items (50% off 700SC + 15 NS items) and the benefits of a month of membership for the $15 or whatever that it costs, and a maximum of 46-47. Even if a lot of that is cosmetic, damn.

3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: December 16, 2013, 01:52:38 pm »

If they're smart, they'll offer a useful 700 SC weapon as the first member sale.  That way people are much more likely to say "screw it, I'll buy membership" and take the plunge.

I'm in that boat- it's tempting, but I'm not sure.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: December 16, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »

IIRC, you only get the 500SC once you pay for renewal of your membership, not up front. Anyone know the details of this for sure?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: December 16, 2013, 02:44:24 pm »

IIRC, you only get the 500SC once you pay for renewal of your membership, not up front. Anyone know the details of this for sure?
Ah, you're correct.

Still, you have that free 170SC that you can get. If nothing else, 500SC is only $5.

And honestly, even if they only offer a single weapon day on that, that's 3SC for one weapon for each faction, or 1SC for a NS weapon. I don't think they have enough cosmetics to cover all that unless they literally put every single camo pattern on sale, and even SOE would probably balk at the backlash from doing that.

3. Run Resize Enable

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: December 16, 2013, 04:14:44 pm »

Single shot is pretty useless when you can just tap the trigger for the same effect. If there were some kind of magical accuracy bonus then I would use single shot on guns like the DMR and then just rapidly click to get the full auto effect.

Ironically single shot is actually less accurate then burst/autofire.

The first shot has 2-3x the recoil of the rest of the shots

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: December 16, 2013, 04:30:48 pm »

Single shot is pretty useless when you can just tap the trigger for the same effect. If there were some kind of magical accuracy bonus then I would use single shot on guns like the DMR and then just rapidly click to get the full auto effect.

Ironically single shot is actually less accurate then burst/autofire.

The first shot has 2-3x the recoil of the rest of the shots
Depends on the weapon. A single-shot mode would be pretty useful on the GodSAW.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: December 16, 2013, 05:34:18 pm »

The first shot multiplier actually applies to each weapon, as the name implies it multiplies the recoil from the first shot by a set amount determined by the specific weapon you're using. I've never tried firing in single shot mode fast enough to see if it counts every shot as the 'first shot' of a burst though.

That weapon swap thing after knifing someone is neat, I'lll have to try to switch to pistol immediately after knifing in case they didn't go down the first time. Can you swing the knife quicker with a pistol out?

EDIT: More melee weapons, as ridiculous as they woulld probably be, would be something interesting to see put in the game. Question is what would they be, or would you swap your melee weapon out for some kind of special item?
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 826