Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089977 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8940 on: December 16, 2013, 05:35:29 pm »

The first shot multiplier actually applies to each weapon, as the name implies it multiplies the recoil from the first shot by a set amount determined by the specific weapon you're using. I've never tried firing in single shot mode fast enough to see if it counts every shot as the 'first shot' of a burst though.

That weapon swap thing after knifing someone is neat, I'lll have to try to switch to pistol immediately after knifing in case they didn't go down the first time. Can you swing the knife quicker with a pistol out?
Pretty sure not. The only effect would be being able to fire sooner after the knife, IIRC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: December 17, 2013, 12:52:16 am »

Patch drops tonight. Patch notes here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: December 17, 2013, 01:26:24 am »

Nothing I use seems to have gotten nerfed, with the exception of the Harasser possibly becoming an expensive MAX taxi.

Some things were even buffed apparently (GD-7F, NS-11C.)

Lovely.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: December 17, 2013, 01:37:40 am »

I just go a Halberd, and they're nerfing it :(
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: December 17, 2013, 03:31:37 am »

NC Mattherson just won a Dominating Victory capture Amerish alert. Somehow it was even population between NC and VS when the alert started, which is odd since VS usually has 37-50% world population by that time. NC did very well in the beginning, and either some VS logged out or 4th realmed to NC by the end because it was about 40% world pop NC for the first time I can remember seeing at this time of night.

EDIT: Fixed an issue where the Liberator could bypass the Biodome geometry and kill players inside

Haha, that was a funny one. You could land a liberator on the dome in a certain spot and the belly gun would poke through. GOON did it sparingly for short periods to mess with TR after Snuggles bug reported it shortly after the game released and no action was taken to fix it. Why TR? Because VS probably would have figured out how to do it and they didn't need that too.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:43:27 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: December 17, 2013, 03:41:56 am »

Woo good thing i didn't buy a Marauder for my prowler.

Nothing says loving like a secondary weapon only effective against lightnings, flashes and harrasers... because that's what they are apparently aiming for since it won't even damage MBTs and the splash for killing infantry got reduced.

Well the Basilisk is getting buffed so good for me.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:44:33 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: December 17, 2013, 04:05:33 am »

Marauder has half the splash range it did, but it does more damage per shot than it did before if you get a direct hit. It's rate of fire is slower, but the projectile is faster. It probably won't be the crowd killer it was before, but it's probably still going to be better than the basillisk for that. Not sure about how it compares to the fury, it would depend on how many more rounds per minute compared to the fury when considering it versus infantry. Fury will be improved against armor and direct hit infantry and have less splash damage.

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: December 17, 2013, 05:16:15 am »

Did Kobalt really need a buff? It seem to me that it was the best AI weapon already.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: December 17, 2013, 05:26:19 am »

Did Kobalt really need a buff? It seem to me that it was the best AI weapon already.

It was if you are NC. Basillisk was a bit worse than it for anti infantry, but it is pretty good against anything you can hit with it and thus was preferred for battlebus sunderer loadouts that aren't specifically anti-infantry.

Kobalt not being able to keep a constant stream of accurate bullets makes it a mixed buff, pre-patch you can just hold down the mouse button for all 100-150 rounds to land in about the same spot. It also takes quite a lot of bullets to kill someone with it pre-patch, it was just they all went in mostly the same spot, so the change should effect both those.

One thing I noticed is that there is a new damage type, vehicle shotgun. It can't damage heavy armor. I'm worried the airhammer is that damage type now, which would really hurt it's general purposeness. If it's effectiveness against light armor (harasser and ESF) was increased to compensate that would be ok though, because heavy armor takes forever to kill with it anyways. It would be unfortunate to be unable to harm libs with an afterburner shotgun reaver though. I guess that's ok though, because I usually run away from them already unless there are other reavers around even if I have the rotary installed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:34:36 am by Duuvian »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: December 17, 2013, 05:31:37 am »

Marauder has half the splash range it did, but it does more damage per shot than it did before if you get a direct hit. It's rate of fire is slower, but the projectile is faster. It probably won't be the crowd killer it was before, but it's probably still going to be better than the basillisk for that. Not sure about how it compares to the fury, it would depend on how many more rounds per minute compared to the fury when considering it versus infantry. Fury will be improved against armor and direct hit infantry and have less splash damage.

That's the problem. It used to be a weapon that murders infantry in cover while being semi decent against armor.
Now it will need nearly direct hits to do any meaningful damage and the flatter trajectory is more of a disadvantage than advantage when dealing with infantry behind rocks.
I wanted a Bulldog TR style with more pew pew and lower damage of individual shots retaining both AI capability while being able to damage tanks.
Of course i would fit a bulldog on my tank... if i could that is.
Self promotion below.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: December 17, 2013, 05:56:18 am »

That's the problem. It used to be a weapon that murders infantry in cover while being semi decent against armor.
Now it will need nearly direct hits to do any meaningful damage and the flatter trajectory is more of a disadvantage than advantage when dealing with infantry behind rocks.
I wanted a Bulldog TR style with more pew pew and lower damage of individual shots retaining both AI capability while being able to damage tanks.
Of course i would fit a bulldog on my tank... if i could that is.

Let me be the first to welcome you to a place near where the pre-patch NC was with having no superior empire specific choice, leaving a halberd or a kobalt for anti infantry. Not quite the same, because the Maurauder will likely still be a superior choice for anti-infantry. Do note that was only the inner blast radius that was halved. You can still splash infantry behind cover at the same distance as before like a shotgun can't, but it won't be a six foot death zone from the point of impact. I don't know what the outer damage range is but it was unchanged, so you can still do damage around corners, they are just more likely to be able to move out of splash range before you kill them.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 06:06:25 am by Duuvian »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: December 17, 2013, 10:06:45 am »

Patch notes:  Hey, at least the Enforcer, compared to its class, is getting a bit of a buff.  Too bad the only vehicle I have it on (Harasser) is getting nerfed to the ground.

Interested to play with the Kobalt change- I liked it prepatch and am interested to see how it runs with more damage.  I predict the headshot change being actually rather large.

Rebel buff!  Woo!

Warden buff!  It's little, but woo anyway!

The LMG changes will be interesting to see in play.  It should bring in some more variability in what weapons are brought to each fight.

MAXes now take longer to revive. This gives the other side a longer window for denying that revive

Uncerted heal tool = 6.0 second revive time
    Max rank heal tool = 4.2 seconds to revive

This is a good idea- it was too easy to sustain a MAX push.

As far as ZOE goes, even as an NC player, I'd say that the timer change went too far.  I'd rather see a cooldown on deactivation than a forced exact duration.

Then I saw that ZOE certs were getting refunded and I stopped having any pity at all.  WHY?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: December 17, 2013, 02:42:30 pm »

So... after i spent several hundred certs on the needler (it's free but thermals ETC ain't free) they nerf the main reason i decided to use it (the reason being better damage against heavy armor).

But since that's out of the question i guess i will just say F all and go derp around with the banshee... maybe they won't make it useless against infantry... oh wait it already is useless against people with flak armor.

Prowler HE canon damage against tanks buffed AP and HEAT nerfed.
Guess SoE really wants prowlers into one specific role (being infantry harvesters).

Prowler anchor mode nerfed to the ground because apparently shooting aircraft was too easy in it.
Too bad they didn't notice that prowler is the only MBT in the game that can't oneshot ESFs even with AP shells (and everyone runs with HE anyway).

Oh well another reason to be happy i only spent certs on a skyguard lightening... hopefully they won't make it unable to hit aircraft because it's was overpowered against infantry.
Self promotion below.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: December 17, 2013, 03:01:49 pm »

Oh well another reason to be happy i only spent certs on a skyguard lightening... hopefully they won't make it unable to hit aircraft because it's was overpowered against infantry.
Is it? It can kill quite well in close but the only infantry that needs to go that close is c4 guys and then they gotta blame themself.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: December 17, 2013, 03:09:30 pm »

The patch is live.

But I get stuck at 96% loaded in when I try to log on.

I guess I'll try later.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 826