Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089606 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9240 on: January 16, 2014, 11:33:41 am »

VS:  Laser turret.  Fires a continuous beam that does more damage the longer you hold it on a target.
This sounds worse than the MCG turret. Only idiots would stand in one spot long enough to get the full DPS.

Alternate: Turret with shield piercing ammo. Does 50/50 of full damage to shields/health respectively unless shields are already depleted, in which case it's full damage on health.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:35:24 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: January 16, 2014, 11:41:11 am »

So, they reduce the clip size of ESF weapons across the board then later release new weapons that have larger capacities.

Hmmmmm........
If SOE is going to nerf current weapons to make room for new must haves, I'm not going to be happy.

Anyone got the stats on these weapons?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:54:45 am by zombat »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: January 16, 2014, 11:44:20 am »

They've been on the test server, so I'm sure they're somewhere.  I also think they do less damage, which makes them pretty meh in my non-pilot opinion.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: January 16, 2014, 01:58:47 pm »

I'm a new player, and everytime I install Planetside 2, I just don't get the point of it, it doesn't feel like every other FPS I have played. The game's objective is to probably kill people and capture the objective, but to get to the objective itself takes about 1 hour. Crashing the plane you fly, hills you can't get past, the world is too large. I've played 24 hours and up to this point I literally did not see one enemy...

Think of it as a giant sandbox shooter with capturable territory, at least until they get around to making some more tangible victory conditions involving some strategy. Or a grind to get the certs for a larger arsenal, wichever you prefer.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: January 16, 2014, 02:46:17 pm »

Why does it take SOE so long to turn a server back on?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: January 16, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »

Monkeys with wrenches. Trust me, it's unbeatable.

Never play on a patch day, as the saying goes...
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: January 16, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »

They've been on the test server, so I'm sure they're somewhere.  I also think they do less damage, which makes them pretty meh in my non-pilot opinion.
This. One is weak and requires a close intercept to get a lock. Factional AA missiles are two hits to kill and, once locked, are almost impossible to lose. The other requires cursor tracking, which is incredibly difficult against ESFs. Neither looks like it will be a better A2G weapon than pods.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: January 16, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »

Only thing better than pods would be if the A2G missile disconnected the victim and shut down his client too.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: January 16, 2014, 06:47:02 pm »

Haven't read most of these posts, but I gotta say the idea of an anti tank rifle similar to the PTRD-41 is a pretty interesting idea. The problem is how to balance it against other anti tank weapons like rockets. Theoretically you could simply use them as high caliber sniper rifles, so if HA's got them they could just snipe people and still have AT capabilities. You could probably offset this by having the ADS cone of fire large enough that shooting small targets is unlikely but hitting a tank-sized target would be no issue. You could also make it so they only got iron sights with little to no zoom. Compared to rockets they would have a much higher velocity, would probably only load one round at a time similar to rockets, have no splash damage, and maybe lower overall damage offset by a faster load time than rockets?

I dunno, I guess I just liked RO:OST too much =p

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: January 16, 2014, 07:25:54 pm »

Only thing better than pods would be if the A2G missile disconnected the victim and shut down his client too.
I don't know about anyone else, but I get random crashes and freezes often enough that this wouldn't measurably affect my play experience.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: January 17, 2014, 05:36:35 am »

Honestly they shouldn't add more anti tank options until they balance the current ones, especially something so experimental. How the AV mana turret is still untouched since its release baffles me.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: January 17, 2014, 05:39:51 am »

I think MANA AV is fine as it is, because engies using one tend to get sniped in short order.

As for the Hornets, I haven't actually tried them yet, but from what I hear they're inferior to lolpods in every way.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: January 17, 2014, 07:24:39 am »

I always did think that the missiles on the AV turret should have a slightly larger turning radius, enough to hit moving vehicles but not enough to instantaneously change course to snipe infantry.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: January 17, 2014, 07:37:59 am »

IDK how it is on bigger resolutions, but on 1024*768 (I have a 17" screen, please stop laughing at me) MANA AV is kinda crap at sniping infantry. Simply using my rifle would be a lot more efficient, except in rare circumstances where large groups of enemy infantry are packed tightly together.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: January 17, 2014, 09:52:31 am »

Honestly they shouldn't add more anti tank options until they balance the current ones, especially something so experimental. How the AV mana turret is still untouched since its release baffles me.
I take it you don't read patch notes?

Quote from: PU02, Dec. 17th 2013
Mana Anti-Vehicle Turret Changes

-Projectile lifespan was reduced from 15 to 10 seconds. This drops its max range to match the AV turret’s render distance.
    -Blast damage reduced against infantry to match its intended role as an anti-vehicle weapon
                Max damage reduced from 1000 at 0.5 meters to 500 at 0.35 meters.
    -Gravity value of 2 added. This only applies if the rocket is no longer controlled.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 826