Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084962 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9375 on: January 27, 2014, 09:51:43 pm »

On the PTS server right now, SOE has implemented squad spawning into galaxies and sunderers. Squad members can spawn into squad-owned vehicles regardless of whether they are occupied or not.

I think this will bring back some of the more infuriating aspects of the game that SOE wisely removed, like entire platoons being able to squad deploy onto a base or garage sundies. It will be a lesser version of it, but likely no less infuriating to deal with. I think it will also encourage everybody to zerg harder. If the only way to stop repeated gal drops is to have AA and air so thick that any incoming galaxy melts in seconds, then that's all everybody will do. Small squad defenses will be virtually impossible.

Another change is that sundies will have AMS be a passive (unlockable) feature of every sunderer now, leading to the potentially fun combination of GSD, AMS, and Blockade Armor, all in one. I like this change a lot better, since the only time I ever see GSD is to break through amp station shields and get a head start on the cap. It will make defenders work harder to defend stuff if their passive defenses like vehicle shields can't be reliably counted on as much. You might also see Fire Suppression on sundies for the first time possibly ever.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: January 27, 2014, 11:53:58 pm »

Oh i have an idea.

VS flamers stun infantry upon hitting and melts vehicle at short range.
TR flamers use up ammo faster than VS flamers don't stun or damage vehicles but deal 1% more damage to infantry overall.
NC flamers fire 3 slow fireballs in random directions that dissipate after 5 meters. They are considered fine because they can oneshot infantry if all 3 balls hit... oh and they have to reload after every shot.
Every single time I check a new page on this thread... Did someone force you to wear purple spandex during a speech or something? o.0

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: January 28, 2014, 12:09:42 am »

Oh i have an idea.

TR flamers use up ammo faster than VS flamers don't stun or damage vehicles but deal 1% more damage to infantry overall.
NC flamers fire 3 slow fireballs in random directions that dissipate after 5 meters. They are considered fine because they can oneshot infantry if all 3 balls hit... oh and they have to reload after every shot.
Every single time I check a new page on this thread... Did someone force you to wear purple spandex during a speech or something? o.0

The VS flames aren't flames at all, but melted spandex thrown out the end of a big nozzle, if you're under the effect of VS spandexthrowers for too long you become completely stunned and can't move, your screen goes blank as VS crab monsters finish the cacoon around your helpless body. You later emerge as a level 1 vanu, your original character is deleted, works with ZOE bonus of course.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:11:31 am by darkrider2 »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9378 on: January 28, 2014, 01:34:17 am »

Which reminds me, the ZOE would completely break flamethrowers. I remember hearing they were going to release them around the same time as or right after the ZOE got released, but ZOE just turned flamethrowers into walking instagib madness.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: January 28, 2014, 05:29:16 am »

On the PTS server right now, SOE has implemented squad spawning into galaxies and sunderers. Squad members can spawn into squad-owned vehicles regardless of whether they are occupied or not.

I think this will bring back some of the more infuriating aspects of the game that SOE wisely removed, like entire platoons being able to squad deploy onto a base or garage sundies. It will be a lesser version of it, but likely no less infuriating to deal with. I think it will also encourage everybody to zerg harder. If the only way to stop repeated gal drops is to have AA and air so thick that any incoming galaxy melts in seconds, then that's all everybody will do. Small squad defenses will be virtually impossible.

Another change is that sundies will have AMS be a passive (unlockable) feature of every sunderer now, leading to the potentially fun combination of GSD, AMS, and Blockade Armor, all in one. I like this change a lot better, since the only time I ever see GSD is to break through amp station shields and get a head start on the cap. It will make defenders work harder to defend stuff if their passive defenses like vehicle shields can't be reliably counted on as much. You might also see Fire Suppression on sundies for the first time possibly ever.

Yeah I don't like the changes at all. I'm all for making the galaxy a more useful logistics vehicle (it's already very useful in organized play), even giving them a sort of ams. Make the air a bit more interesting as well with actual priority targets for fighters and libs to take out. Just...not like this. It's doubly as problematic as the old squad spawning ever was.

All that's needed is the free AMS on the sundy and for a galaxy airborn deploy to be considered, to liven up the skies. Being able to spawn inside a moving vehicle is absurd and destroys any need for transportation in freaking transportation vehicles.

All in all I guess it's another battlefield mechanic copy, to prepare the game for console release. Terrible.  :'(

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: January 28, 2014, 05:41:27 am »

Oh i have an idea.

Nah i just like to joke about VS every chance i get.
After all not every faction gets a sniper rifle without bullet drop or a LMG that does splash damage.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: January 28, 2014, 05:43:37 am »

If they wanted to improve Gals, they should've just given them ammo resupply and AoE repair, a la sundies. Except bigger radius, so you don't collide with the Gal and explode whenever you try to repair or resupply.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: January 28, 2014, 06:35:18 am »

Oh i have an idea.

After all not every faction gets a sniper rifle without bullet drop or a LMG that does splash damage.
Doesn't VS snipers have bullet drop from the very start, because balance?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: January 28, 2014, 06:39:46 am »

Doesn't VS snipers have bullet drop from the very start, because balance?
They had. I don't know if anything changed in the meanwhile, but it used to be they had bullet drop but significantly less then other factions'.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: January 28, 2014, 07:14:22 am »

TBH I don't think giving VS sniper rifles with no drop would be all that OP if they decreased their bullet velocity accordingly.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: January 28, 2014, 08:04:49 am »

The DEFAULT VS sniper rifle (and possibly all of the scout rifles) has 0 bullet drop.
All of the bolt action rifles have minimal drop.
Can't really tell with the non default semi auto sniper rifles because they all have only 4x scopes making it pretty hard to notice.
I just tested it with a silencer (or was it a suppresor?) and with a 12x scope the spectre could shoot at someone all across the VR room without thinking about drop in the slightest.
Point'n'click so to say.
And the gun itself is in line with all the other semi auto sniper rifles out there with 1 headshot followed by a bodyshot ending up with a kill.
Of course it has some downsides like the larder damage dropoff meaning that at extreme ranges (and i mean EXTREME) you will need 1 headshot and 2 bodyshots to kill someone.
But then again if someone is standing still long enough for you to get a good aim on him then chancess are he won't have the reflexes to move away from the second bullet that's going to hit the exact same spot 1 second after the first one (the spot being his head).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:09:22 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: January 28, 2014, 08:54:26 am »

If they're standing still that long, that's their problem.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: January 28, 2014, 09:14:00 am »

AFAIK they scaled off the damage dropoff for the VS semi-auto snipers, but it's still there. And equivalent VS bolt-action rifles have the same recoil and bullet drop as the other factions' (they don't feel different at all).
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: January 28, 2014, 02:42:49 pm »

If they wanted to improve Gals, they should've just given them ammo resupply and AoE repair, a la sundies. Except bigger radius, so you don't collide with the Gal and explode whenever you try to repair or resupply.

I think those are actually intended to go in at some point. The models have been drawn up at least.

Oh, yeah. The Lasher. That's the problem with facing VS. That gun and its tickle orbs.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: January 28, 2014, 02:46:04 pm »

Wait, they will be useful? Thats good. Now all we need is a belly gun.

They could always make it so that to have those buffing things you cant have passengers... Right?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 826