Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089720 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9675 on: February 20, 2014, 11:52:51 am »

Lattice system is good. Just tweak it more so some tactics could be played there and not all zerging around.
Allso it is shame there aint any hackable doors like in Ps1 :(

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: February 20, 2014, 11:53:49 am »

There's a real lack of hackables in the game, what with their systematic removal of non-spawn room terminals.  Towers are about the only place they remain.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: February 20, 2014, 12:47:27 pm »

Also, wheee Amerish lattice! Hopefully people will play on it for more than a week.

I thought people played on amerish only because it was the last place without a lattice.
Now with lattice in place the place is going to be deserted along with esamir for the greater glory of Indarside!

I avoid the place like a plague because it lacks a lattice. If I'm not leading an outfit squad I even skip the seeing green alerts.
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: February 20, 2014, 05:41:41 pm »

Okay, after splashing 400 certs to get 2 sticks C4 for my engie, I can safely say they are hilarious. Oh, the fun you can have...
Suicide bombed sundies? Check.
Applied to underside of contest capture points? BWAHAHAHAHA check.
Thrown out of spawn room waiting for the max spawn camping us to come pass with my finger or the trigger? Boom, check.
Blown up ususpecting Max jumped ambushing us? Check.
Still on my list, Flash C4 delivery (probably with a test subject driving) and sticking C4 to a vehicle and waiting until they drive off before pulling the trigger.
Right, advice needed. You guys are always great for that.
Are shotguns worth it (I'd get the auto but effort, so extended capacity it is)?
Is the heavy w/ Extended shotgun and heal kits viable?
Are there any good AA engi options or do I have to change class for it?
For my merc, laser sights or forward grip? Flash hider, suppressor or none? Thanks for all the feedback. No need to trouble yourselves with long anwsers if you don't want to, I'm sure repeating things over and over to me must be tedious.

Finally, I'd love to fight with you guys some time. You seem to be mostly Mattherson NC. We could organise some fun things...
Example: In VR a few days ago my friend and I spent half an hour trotting around with a galaxy and lightning, trying to find, align and drive up a suitable overhang. My friend got stuck and useless, and a random vanguard apparently caught on, followed by it plowing up the overhang and throwing itself onto my galaxy. With a better pilot it could have been flown (I scraped the wing tip and the whole thing went sideways) and we could have airdropped tanks. Aka, I need to make a video about that. Also, you can cert the flash to have no cool down, so if people were willing 3 could provide 2 whole squads with battleflashes. That would be very cool.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: February 20, 2014, 05:45:49 pm »

Shotguns are worth it when in closequarters.

Its why NC MAXes are so much fun, and so raged at.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: February 20, 2014, 05:49:43 pm »

Shotguns are worth it when in closequarters.

Its why NC MAXes are so much fun, and so raged at.
Excellent, Shotgun based loadout it is. I'll go stomp me some towers tomorrow.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: February 20, 2014, 05:54:20 pm »

I prefer the battle rifle. Turns heavy's and engi's into snipers with a LOT more versatility. My next purchase was a selective fire carbine that can mount a smoke grenade launcher. Versatility rocks.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: February 20, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »

Are shotguns worth it (I'd get the auto but effort, so extended capacity it is)?

They're cheesy. So yes.

Is the heavy w/ Extended shotgun and heal kits viable?

Heavy anything with heal kits is viable. Get the Jackhammer for extra NC cheesiness.

Change class.

For my merc, laser sights or forward grip? Flash hider, suppressor or none?

Laser sight. Suppressor only if you want to be sneaky. Otherwise nothing on the barrel.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: February 20, 2014, 08:58:58 pm »

Jim is correct on all above counts, especially the Jackhammer note.  It's pricey, but effective.

For baby's first shotgun, though, you can't go wrong with the Sweeper (extended mag).  Not only is it a steal at 250 certs for a weapon four classes can use, but it's one of the more generally effective shotguns.  The auto-shotties are horribly inaccurate outside of butt-slapping distance.

LA in a tower loves shotguns, since LA is a master of positioning.  Hop up a level and land behind someone, make them dead.  I wouldn't prefer a shotgun on the heavy, but there's no reason you can't use it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9684 on: February 20, 2014, 09:15:35 pm »

The new crossbow when equipped with explosive bolts is surprisingly effective against esf's when they are hovering/moving in a straight, predictable line to lolpod spawns/chokepoints. You probably won't score many kills but the vast majority of pilots will breakoff and flee if you can score a hit or two.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: February 20, 2014, 09:32:36 pm »

Or hop in a Skyguard.

Or AP Vanguard if you trust your aim.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: February 21, 2014, 12:02:53 am »

The new crossbow when equipped with explosive bolts is surprisingly effective against esf's when they are hovering/moving in a straight, predictable line to lolpod spawns/chokepoints. You probably won't score many kills but the vast majority of pilots will breakoff and flee if you can score a hit or two.
The Engi battle rifle can also ding ESF's and Liberators. Not galaxies, sadly, but when you ding an ESF they tend to flip and flee, even if the damage doesn't do much.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: February 21, 2014, 12:16:47 am »

Or hop in a Skyguard.

Or AP Vanguard if you trust your aim.
AP Vannie is almost like an OP Vannie :P
I'm glad I'm smart enough to not get hit with daltons or tank shells, but it sure is fun sniping unsuspecing mossies. :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: February 21, 2014, 03:40:48 am »

Remind me again why landing both shots of an AP prowler doesn't kill an esf?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: February 21, 2014, 04:15:10 am »

Because you hate freedom :P
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 826