Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089172 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9870 on: March 24, 2014, 05:57:45 pm »

Its me or i see engineers on the side repairing in during flight?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: March 24, 2014, 06:24:48 pm »

Depending on how resiliant it will and or engies can repair it in flight be i it will be either broken or useless.
Basicallt if they are anything like the transport "chopper" from BF2142 i can see them being broken beyond belief. I can also see it using 2 heavies at the sides molesting air/ground with lockons.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: March 24, 2014, 06:35:38 pm »

A four man vehicle with only one gun isn't going to be broken. Maybe hard for one man to kill, but a Liberator or whatever will devour it with no problems, for less manpower.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: March 24, 2014, 07:16:00 pm »

Possibly, but lock-on AA rockets from the rumble seats might mean it never has to engage any closer than 100m. Guided AA (or AT) with an unobstructed line-of-sight = good. Even unguided rockets might be great. I wonder if they'll be set up as left/right doorgunner seats? I can imagine the hilarious "flippity-doo-dah" manoeuvres pilots will be pulling to keep up a steady stream of rockets firing from their heavies as reloads happen on either side. Just need to work out a way of sticking an ammo pack on the thing. But you could also just re-ammo your heavies and repair on the ground, removing the need to ever fly back to an airpad. Or establish mobile airfields.

Some of the funnier things that might come up with the Valkyrie.

C-4'ing or sticky-grenading things whilst in flight.

A2A firework wars. Or with flashlights for the ultimate in pointlessness.

Concussion or smoke grenade ground suppression runs (or Vanu Mobile Disco Party Smoke Machines as they'll come to be known).

Air-knifing.

Regenerating Air-Tank. Constantly repair the valk with 2 engies in the rumble seats. Like the harasser variant, but twice as broken and flies.

A2A repairs of other aircraft.

LA sky ballet with twelve valks providing jump platforms for them to air-dance from. Or do slightly more useful things.

Also, the vague possibility of mid-air seat swaps so your pilot and turret gunner can unload their rockets once the rumble seat heavies are empty. "Honestly, just jump out, we'll swap places. I'll catch you, honestly. Everyone jump on 3, 2, 1, SWAP!"

Also: Engy turret updates. Oooohhhhhhh. That might be very cool.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:44:26 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: March 24, 2014, 07:25:41 pm »

Rumble seats are likely going to be one on the left, one on the right. You're only going to have one AA lockon most of the time. If those two heavies were on the ground, they could both be firing at the same time. I really don't see how this thing is going to be anywhere remotely close to being OP. The firepower-per-person ratio is going to be abysmal.

But people thought the Harasser was OP, so I'm sure they'll call this OP too.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: March 24, 2014, 07:26:39 pm »

I hope it can carry MAXes so that airborne Pounder MAXes obliterating all air everywhere can be a thing.

Actually I just want to feel like I'm flying one of the transport choppers from the Battlefield series. Hot drops and hot pickups, close range air support, etc.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: March 24, 2014, 07:54:18 pm »

Just need to work out a way of sticking an ammo pack on the thing.

Engy version of Triage?  Please?

Also, the vague possibility of mid-air seat swaps so your pilot and turret gunner can unload their rockets once the rumble seat heavies are empty. "Honestly, just jump out, we'll swap places. I'll catch you, honestly. Everyone jump on 3, 2, 1, SWAP!"

AIRBORNE CHINESE FIRE DRILL

I hope it can carry MAXes so that airborne Pounder MAXes obliterating all air everywhere can be a thing.

In all honestly, a Falcon MAX in there would be quite deadly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: March 24, 2014, 08:38:05 pm »

What are some of the sillier, funnier or highly effective uses of the valkyrie that you can think of? Since you can fire or use anything you normally could from a rumble seat, the opportunities are endless. I'm actually thinking that party-pill drops of concussion grenades might actually be useful (or funny) in large assaults. Smoke grenade drops even. Followed by disco-balls of death of course.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:40:43 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: March 24, 2014, 08:55:45 pm »

Well The lasher and Lancer would be both silly weapons on it. One is a (nearly) hitscan anti vehice lazor and the other can pepper infantry.
And excessive usage of both turns the aircraft into a disco ball.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: March 24, 2014, 09:16:52 pm »

Agreed. Even as a sniping platform for infiltrators it might be good. Height, cover and movement all in one. PS2 aircraft are incredibly stable and if the valk is like any of the other aircraft (essentially hover heli-jets) then it might be great for picking off engies/medics, etc.

Land, let your engy pilot reload you and repair the platform, repeat. Infinite-ammo armoured sniper-nest in the sky!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:20:07 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: March 24, 2014, 09:36:34 pm »

What are some of the sillier, funnier or highly effective uses of the valkyrie that you can think of? Since you can fire or use anything you normally could from a rumble seat, the opportunities are endless. I'm actually thinking that party-pill drops of concussion grenades might actually be useful (or funny) in large assaults. Smoke grenade drops even. Followed by disco-balls of death of course.
Engineer c-4 rain, followed up by smoke grenades from the underslung smoke launcher. OOOH. You can shoot other valks in your squad/area with the smoke launcher rounds, making clouds of death.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: March 24, 2014, 10:12:39 pm »

With an extra 94 bricks of C4 strapped to any particular valk, just for the thunder and lightning effects :)

Today's weather:
Cloudy with a chance of ragdolls.
It's a game. Have fun.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: March 25, 2014, 01:08:52 am »

I was hoping sticky grenades hurt ESFs, but a moment in VR has confirmed they don't, thus ruining my genius plan for the Valkyrie. :(

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: March 25, 2014, 11:22:10 am »

Air-knifing.
One of the mountable weapons will be a giant lance of sorts. Midair jousting.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: March 25, 2014, 11:43:06 am »

With two burster MAXes this'll be the best AA in the game.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 826