Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089435 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9945 on: April 01, 2014, 05:49:03 pm »

I like using the stalker cloak with the crossbow.
Uncloak headshot cloak walk away and kneel down in bushes.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: April 01, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »

A little off topic, but playing Infiltrators (at least the snipey snipe type) just doesn't make sense to me, esp. anything with a bolt action. Nothing is going to be sitting around long enough for you to get two-three body shots, and head shots are really damn tough to make at huge ranges. I've had more success playing ninja than doing anything else with Infils. Semi automatic rifles are a little more manageable because getting 2-3 hits in before your target knows whats up isn't exactly the toughest job.

I've been testing out Vanu. Wow, these guns are incredible compared to the TR guns. The great recoil makes up for any DPM loss and (at least the gun I used) reload nearly instantly. Plus its incredible what kind of shit you can get away with at night due to that default color scheme. What's the tradeoff...?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9947 on: April 01, 2014, 11:00:25 pm »

The obvious answer is to land headshots :P
It's surprisingly easy as long as you're not in Bio Lab. The best part to play is moving around and sniping MAXes that stand still to spam dakka, find enemy infiltrators and kill them, and taking out heavies that are trying to take out friendly armor.

Stalker + Commissioner is also fun, though, because I can sneak up to people and shoot'm to death. But they're overall less useful compared to Hunter cloaked infiltrators with SMGs.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: April 01, 2014, 11:03:40 pm »

What's the tradeoff...?
From my entirely unstatistical expertise, the tradeoff is people say your clothes are terrible and/or spandex.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: April 01, 2014, 11:15:49 pm »

Trust NC to spend twenty minutes besieging Tumas Tech Plant, only rush A-point and spend the next ten minutes holding a rave and discussing the game's lack of a dance animation. Is Tumas really this easy to defend?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: April 01, 2014, 11:18:38 pm »

A little off topic, but playing Infiltrators (at least the snipey snipe type) just doesn't make sense to me, esp. anything with a bolt action. Nothing is going to be sitting around long enough for you to get two-three body shots, and head shots are really damn tough to make at huge ranges. I've had more success playing ninja than doing anything else with Infils. Semi automatic rifles are a little more manageable because getting 2-3 hits in before your target knows whats up isn't exactly the toughest job.

I've been testing out Vanu. Wow, these guns are incredible compared to the TR guns. The great recoil makes up for any DPM loss and (at least the gun I used) reload nearly instantly. Plus its incredible what kind of shit you can get away with at night due to that default color scheme. What's the tradeoff...?
The other factions get much more interesting weapons, primarily for the max and heavy. Vanu weapons are rather plain, but lack bullet drop. However, they're up against camera guided missiles and maxes dual wielding laser guided rocket launchers and holy crap shotgun spam. Though, I've been meaning to test out the beam launcher for the heavy. I don't see too many people using it and was wondering the reason for it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: April 02, 2014, 12:14:45 am »

But no-one else gets AoE disco-balls or spandex. There is no trade-off. Plus, lazors.

Fair enough, all the weapons have uncontrollable <=> kick, but still, no trade-off. There is nothing that can beat the VS mobile disco. Nothing!

edit:
Basically the trade-off is: Weapons with a low skill cap/unavoidable inaccuracy, crappy/slow AoE weapons, not bad point-effect weapons (but only as good as a rocket, but faster. Sort of), having to wear spandex and being derided for it.

You get: Night-time spandex, no bullet drop, slow AoE weapons, great ESFs, lazors, fun, other stuff. Plus, you get to win. Lots.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:49:14 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: April 02, 2014, 01:58:01 am »

The lancer is probably the best antivehicle weapon atm, closely followed by the phoenix

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: April 02, 2014, 06:51:01 am »

Game is about to patch in 64 bit client.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: April 02, 2014, 11:14:53 am »

Wait what? It was only 32 bit until now?

No wonder its always ran like ass

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: April 02, 2014, 11:20:56 am »

It feels like the x64 crashes every 5 minutes.
Signature goes here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: April 02, 2014, 11:41:31 am »

It feels like the x64 crashes every 5 minutes.
Someone suggested installing directx to fix it, but I dunno why that would help. Most people have that already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: April 02, 2014, 01:50:12 pm »

NC MAXs do have a mid range weapon: Slugs.
Also, sniping just takes practice.

My favorite inf. loadout is:
SAS-R
   -Suppressor
   -3.4 Aim-point
NC 6 Mag Shot
   -Suppressor
   -Flashlight

The SAS-R can one hit KO enemies in CQC with a headshot and if you miss just whip out the Mag Shot and spam. With a bit of experience you still learn the bullet drop and still snipe. Use the Mag Shot or Desperado since the Rebel and revolvers aren't fit for spamming. Also the flashlight should be used on all sidearms to deal with stalker cloaks.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: April 02, 2014, 03:16:15 pm »

My favourite loadout is Lightning with HE, radar and thermal sights :P

But seriously, I had a streak of 27 kills in 15 minutes with this baby the other night. And that wasn't even an exceptionally good run, I do well with this almost always. All that's needed is picking the right battle, ie one where there's either no enemy armour or there's plenty of your own armour.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: April 05, 2014, 06:16:33 am »

Posting to say Yay I've got PS2.
I'm sooooo late to this.

It seems the discussion died off?
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 826