Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089826 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10125 on: April 14, 2014, 11:02:21 am »

Because shooting ESFs with MBT's main gun is being useful to your faction ::)
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: April 14, 2014, 11:11:47 am »

It makes you feel badass, though!

I agree that TR's in a rut right now, but this isn't why.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: April 14, 2014, 12:47:30 pm »

If that's the case, you definitely don't want to get an AA secondary, because the guy manning it will be awfully bored. Just have the gunner be a HA with AA rockets.

And yeah, shooting aircraft down with the main gun is ridiculously fun, but it's just about the worst thing to spend time on XP-wise.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: April 14, 2014, 03:21:04 pm »

And really, Ranger? Walker seems so much better, at least in VR..

I was certain your question was not serious so I responded in kind with my suggestions.

Prowler is a terrible AA platform and the Ranger is terrible, so yes, get the Walker if you really want to take potshots at aircraft.

\\ Also, does anchored mode effect the top gun? I'm not feeling a difference.

Nope.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: April 14, 2014, 04:33:39 pm »

The twitchTV steaming thing is looking semi-good. That is, if it really works.

It works!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: April 14, 2014, 06:46:48 pm »

Anchor mode is a joke anyway. especially since they nerfed it since it was apparently TOO GOOD AGAINST AIRCRAFT!
On a tank that needs 2 direct hits to kill a ESF... so yeah...

The ranger is more or less the same as one burster arm... effective but nothing to write home about and meek when compared to the walker or even the basilisk in some situations (and basilisk is hands down more flaxible with far batter gun depression and far better effectiveness against other vehivcles and infantry).

Personally i never pull out my prowler and consider any certs i put in it as wasted since it's best used as an infantry harvester... while other factions get actual tanks.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: April 14, 2014, 11:38:15 pm »

Really? When my outfit switched over for Fascist Friday it took ten minutes for us to start gushing about how good the guns were and how we were now playing on 'easy mode'.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: April 14, 2014, 11:45:00 pm »

Really? When my outfit switched over for Fascist Friday it took ten minutes for us to start gushing about how good the guns were and how we were now playing on 'easy mode'.
I'd argue against it but I'm unsure on how the rut is... :/

On that note: Should I spend 250 certs on the only other sidearm that isn't an NS variant or...spend them on an upgraded gun?
I've been planning to upgrade the TR ESF but then heard that I should spec-up the soldier classes before vehicles.

In which I say ARGH why is the Infiltrator Claymore not shared with the others ;_;
Why is the Light Assault C4 only shared with the Heavy Assault ;-;
Whyyyy can't I destroy any enemy vehicle with 1 C4 when compared to the VR, it works...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: April 15, 2014, 12:25:39 am »

Very well.

I, as the duly self-appointed representative of the Terran Republic on the Bay12Games forums, do submit this list of grievances, to unambiguously state that soldiers of the Terran Republic are dissatisfied for the following reasons:
  • That TR have crummy LMGs.
  • That TR have a bland selection of carbines
  • That the Vulcan was nerfed.
  • That the Marauder was nerfed.
  • That Anchored Mode was nerfed.
    • Adding insult to injury is that Anchored Mode was nerfed because it was too good against aircraft. Vanguard AP, at 375 m/s, only 25 m/s slower than max Anchored Prowler AP, went untouched, despite Vanguard AP being able to kill ESFs with one shot.
  • That SOE ever thought Lockdown was a good idea.
  • That the Striker was nerfed.
  • That TR do not have the fastest firing Carbine, despite fast shooty guns purportedly being a TR trait.
  • That TR share with VS the fastest firing LMG, despite fast shooty guns purportedly being a TR trait.
  • That TR Infiltrator Gold and Lumifiber armors are minor modifications of TR Composite Infiltrator Armor, while NC and VS Gold and Lumifiber armors are new models.
  • That TR guns have more horizontal recoil than NC and VS counterparts.
  • That SOE wanted to give TR the Duster as their faction specific liberator weapon before SOE entirely scrapped that idea.
    • Proof positive that SOE has no idea what to make of or how to balance the purported TR trait of fast shooty guns.
  • That SOE wanted to give the TR a sniper rifle with more ammo in the clip as their faction specific sniper rifle before people loudly complained.
    • Proof positive that SOE has no idea what to make of or how to balance the purported TR trait of fast shooty guns.
  • That TR look silly with ze goggles.
    • I think the TR look the least silly out of all the factions, but people complain about this so whatever.
  • That Scatmaxes are still OP fucking bullshit.

What else am I forgetting, fellow TR victims?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10134 on: April 15, 2014, 12:42:58 am »

I really wish they could just give everyone each other's guns, abilities, and vehicles so we can quit bringing the same argument up over and over again. It's tiring.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10135 on: April 15, 2014, 12:53:08 am »

I'd argue against it but I'm unsure on how the rut is... :/

On that note: Should I spend 250 certs on the only other sidearm that isn't an NS variant or...spend them on an upgraded gun?
I've been planning to upgrade the TR ESF but then heard that I should spec-up the soldier classes before vehicles.

In which I say ARGH why is the Infiltrator Claymore not shared with the others ;_;
Why is the Light Assault C4 only shared with the Heavy Assault ;-;
Whyyyy can't I destroy any enemy vehicle with 1 C4 when compared to the VR, it works...
How many times must I tell you not to get the stupid barely different sidegrades :I 80% of all weapons aren't really upgrades compared to the default one. You should buy the Heavy Assault 250 cert Grounder, though. It's an AA lockon rocket launcher. You have to be really good or the other guy really stupid to be able to kill a plane with the default TR rocket.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:02:46 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: April 15, 2014, 02:16:43 am »

TR is as good as 2 other nations.
Just slightly different playstyle. People moan over and over again that someones better.
Only thing that i can say is VS has op camo during night times and magrider :)

Now that i look on Miller population it looks VS is needing some assistance to their ranks, so i head there for now.
I'd rather play NC but they are so over pop on all servers so that ain't fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:18 am »

Tiruin:  The default sidearms are good enough* for you to spend elsewhere until your basics are nice and shored up.  The AA lockon is a good thing to have, for example.

*Sure, the Beamer is terrible, but so are the rest of the VS pistols

Jim:  While I agree with the gist that the TR is underpowered right now, a couple of those complaints are misplaced.  For example, Lockdown dates back to PS1, and it's clear that SOE has a hard time with any faction specific weapon.  See:  the boner for giving NC shotguns.

And the scatmax is just super specialized, more than damn near any other weapon there is.  If I could get dual recoilless rifles on my NC MAX, I probably would.  As is, I just roll with Falcons.

Irrelevant since it's been fixed since then, but did you play with the Vulcan when it was new?  At one point, that bastard could tear up Galaxies.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: April 15, 2014, 08:06:39 am »

Irrelevant since it's been fixed since then, but did you play with the Vulcan when it was new?  At one point, that bastard could tear up Galaxies.

Vulcan was comically broken on the Harasser, yet never synergized well with the Prowler. It was rightfully nerfed on the Harasser, but then the entire Harasser vehicle was nerfed into the ground, so it's all a little irrelevant. The Vulcan still underperforms on the Prowler, but I wouldn't know by how much.

I'd still think it's more useful than the Enforcer Modified, though.

On the bright side, TR is about to have the most diverse lineup of carbines, and the fastest firing carbines, and the ones with the most ammo, so hopefully they'll stop whining about that.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: April 15, 2014, 08:22:06 am »

Tiruin:  The default sidearms are good enough* for you to spend elsewhere until your basics are nice and shored up.  The AA lockon is a good thing to have, for example.

*Sure, the Beamer is terrible, but so are the rest of the VS pistols
B-but I've a TX2 Repeater (or something as the prefix :v) and it can't kill anyone unless the bullets go *boink* on their heads.
Though I verymuchlyextremely find it useful with that darklight flashlight, given the performance I've seen it through. Pretty nice...
But still. :c
*compares that and the Emperor, a real 'pistol' (one that doesn't have burst/auto)*
...Right. Unless I've got 1k credits, I'm keeping it.
Ah well.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 826