Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089238 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10200 on: April 18, 2014, 12:31:28 am »

Huh. Was in a Skyguard, hanging out on the top of a massively tall plateau overlooking a battle down below. Enemy lightning armed with a proper cannon comes up behind me, leaving me nowhere to run. Naturally, I drive my lightning off the massive cliff, hit exit vehicle button just as it hits the ground, and actually manage to hop out unscathed, while the tank explodes. Turns out I dropped behind enemy lines, right at the back entrance to the base they're at. Killed several of them before they even noticed me.

So... apparently drop-tanks are a thing.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: April 18, 2014, 04:34:09 am »

I'm in love with the new mini gun

Not so in love with the weird stutter client side lag me and some of my outfit have been getting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: April 18, 2014, 09:18:44 am »

New 92Mb patch(?)

They changed our locations o_o

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: April 18, 2014, 09:41:21 am »

They rotate warpgates with nearly every patch, since some are unbalanced.  COUGH INDAR

EDIT:  I should probably clarify:  The SW warpgate on Indar is in a far weaker spot than pretty much any other.  Conversely, the north warpgate is very strong.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: April 18, 2014, 09:46:45 am »

Seems they "fixed" the load times, although I'm not entirely sure, as I only played for 10 minutes before it crashed.

In other news, cloaked Flash + Renegade shotgun is hilarious. Totally worth the 2500 certs I spent on it.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: April 18, 2014, 02:19:51 pm »

SOE finally enabled 64 bit clients, which removed the dumb hang at 96% for me on every loading screen.

It also made me crash on continent switch, which is something they'll hopefully fix soon.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: April 22, 2014, 04:23:33 pm »

I just experienced the wonders of indirect fire (without any fire coordinator, so I wasn't as effective as I could've been). I was in a sunder southwest of TI alloys on Indar, behind some rocks, but just far enough away from them that I could shoot over them with a bulldog. I use a nearby tree as a reference point to aim my reticle, fired until I found a spot that got me a lot of hits, and within a few seconds I had gotten 10 kills. I fired so much and killed so many that I ran out of ammo and had to wait for an ammo sunder to come up. We ended up losing as they outpopped us but not without me getting some sweet delicious XP's.

On a side note, is the 64 bit client back or not? In the task manager is has *32 next to the process and x86 next to the task which gives me the impression it's still 32 bit.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: April 24, 2014, 12:08:20 am »

They rotate warpgates with nearly every patch, since some are unbalanced.  COUGH INDAR

Yeah, North gate is easily the best. Having to go through that Tech plan in the East is rough, and Quartz ridge and a few other bases in the West is too. Plus you have the best chance of fighting in J-9100 Crater base.

In unrelated yet alarming news, I'm currently being lifted slowly into the air by unknown and possibly malignant forces. I'm at 55000 meters above the ground after about an hour and climbing.

It started when I hopped out of a galaxy on a biolab. I started rising slowly into the air. I assume I landed in a grav lift thingy and it never shut off, OR I'm being towed by a Smedyrie to Highalla.

I can move slowly but when I stop I'm jerked back over the grav lift.

I'm going to see if I have the patience to reach 100000 meters above ground.

I have some AT mines. It would be cool if once I reach space if I dropped them they caused a crater. I'm sorely tempted to drop my mines on the Vanu Warpgate from space, but I'm afraid to do it in case it actually explodes a vehicle inside and I get banned.

Also I keep hearing a bunch of weird noises in the background. No sightings of monsters yet however. I just heard a weird high pitched growling noise that starts high, goes low really fast then goes back up to a high note and ends in about a second. I heard a weird bird noise too. It sort of sounds like a loon.

EDIT:
Shortly after this I /yelled Yay I'm an astronaut.

Then my game crashed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:31:20 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: April 24, 2014, 02:26:35 am »

Could anyone hear you /yell in space, though?

Anyway, space beats my infinite horizontal trip. One time I gunned for a lib, and the thing just kept moving southeast in a straight line. And then it went past the warpgate and into restricted area, but no warning came. And then it kept going for another ten minutes. Ain't nothing but the sea and the sky out there. The funny thing is that the pilot kept shooting the whole time and even got some kills, so I'm guessing he wasn't experiencing the bug.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: April 24, 2014, 04:22:42 am »

*snip*
You weren't a true astronaut if you weren't playing this at the time.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10210 on: April 24, 2014, 06:12:40 am »

snip
Heh, guess they didn't add a kill box above the map like the one you drop into if you fall through the map.

Hope you have submitted this as a bug report. Love to see their faces when they read that one :P
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: April 24, 2014, 06:30:24 am »

I did report prior to reaching space, but unfortunately I crashed shortly after /yelling before I could /report again (which makes me wonder if an admin heard it somehow because I barely had time to glance at the map screen after the /yell to see if you still show as in a hex at 100km above it (you do) and then the game froze up upon escaping from the map.

In other good news, this happened this morning after I returned from orbit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I logged out after my teammate jumped in my  parked sundie between the two bases west of the Southeast Warpgate on the bluff.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:34:28 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10212 on: April 24, 2014, 07:00:20 am »

Briggs loginside. Grr.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: April 24, 2014, 09:36:58 am »

Don't worry. The world is safe. Once again the Vanu Sovereignty Mobile Disco saves the day.
Nothing to see here.

Mostly. There's usually smooth moves, but it's fine. We're all fine here. How are you?

We've got lazors and shit........
It's a game. Have fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10214 on: April 24, 2014, 09:37:41 am »

I kind of want to make a VS outfit which uses nothing but lashers.
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 826