Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089320 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10455 on: May 20, 2014, 06:44:36 pm »

The reticule is larger than that of the Jackhammer. Either it, or the stats display is incorrect. I have no idea which, though.

I think the Jackhammer has a freakishly small reticule. Their pellet spread does indeed look the same.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: May 20, 2014, 07:25:10 pm »

So i was lookng at the implants... aparently they use up energy.
Ok.
A energy pack holds 600 power so its enough for:
10 minutes of using a tier 3 implant.
15 minutes of tier 2
20 minutes of using tier 1

That's... kinda low.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: May 20, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »

It'd be kinda nice if usage was based on actually using the implant rather than just having the implant equipped

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: May 20, 2014, 07:36:48 pm »

I think the Jackhammer has a freakishly small reticule. Their pellet spread does indeed look the same.

Interesting.

... That's... kinda low.

Yeah. It's possible that once you have all the implants, converting the excess ones into chargers will provide enough energy to run the ones you have... if not, well... that's going to suck. Upgrade now!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: May 20, 2014, 07:43:24 pm »

Or just accumulate enough certs to max out everything so there's no reason to keep certs around!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10460 on: May 20, 2014, 08:19:37 pm »

Is the TR default shotgun decent enough?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: May 20, 2014, 08:21:50 pm »

Is the TR default shotgun decent enough?

All faction's shotguns are identical, including the starting one. I personally consider it the best shotgun in the game, so I think you'll be fine with it. Make sure to get extended magazines, though.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: May 20, 2014, 09:25:17 pm »

The thing I'm not looking forward to with implants is dumb menu micromanagement just to make sure the things are powered. I'd rather they be static unlocks that didn't require power like suit slots.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10463 on: May 20, 2014, 09:46:24 pm »

I got HD/NV and extended mags and slug ammo. It was amusing to kill people halfway across the room with a shotgun.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: May 21, 2014, 12:02:13 am »

I'm really annoyed at how the bloody fish people can see me as a cloaked infiltrator.

I mean seriously.

I'm hiding in a room, quite FAR away from a capture point but close enough to hit anyone capturing it with my secondary.
I hear footsteps and am REAL sure they can't see me, using the spotter map, minimap or whatever. I'm not even near the capture point to have it appear as 'never moving'.

So footsteps come, guy appears right beside me, then shoots my face off like woohoo. With a secondary. With a darklight flashlight.

I've never seen that guy before and I am really sure that they had no idea there was an infiltrator there.

So how do most people I fight even know where I am even if cloaked?!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: May 21, 2014, 12:05:26 am »

Have you cloaked/uncloaked at all? Cause that creates a noise. Have you used a motion spotter/sensor dart? People can see those on the map and suspect a cloaker. They may even just comb buildings nearby with flashlights sometimes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: May 21, 2014, 12:23:18 am »

Well, you flipped the point, so they knew somebody was there.

Being truly sneaky with an infiltrator is extremely difficult. It's probably better to treat it as a combat class with crummy invisibility than a stealth class.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: May 21, 2014, 02:31:25 am »

Have you cloaked/uncloaked at all? Cause that creates a noise. Have you used a motion spotter/sensor dart? People can see those on the map and suspect a cloaker. They may even just comb buildings nearby with flashlights sometimes.
Never on all accounts.
Well, I do cloak/decloak, but when I'm seriously sure nobody is near :X
And in that scenario? There was a firefight between other factions around me, so how did they even know there was an infiltrator present is beyond my guess.

Well, you flipped the point, so they knew somebody was there.
Aye, but I wasn't in the point-zone that they could easily speculate infiltrator ;-;
Just unlucky or...?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: May 21, 2014, 02:45:05 am »

Maybe there was a sensore dart/motion tracker (the deplayable version used by infiltrator is inivisible on them ap till you get close enough to it so it might have spotted you from a range beyond your ability to spot it on the map),
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: May 21, 2014, 02:47:44 am »

Maybe there was a sensore dart/motion tracker (the deplayable version used by infiltrator is inivisible on them ap till you get close enough to it so it might have spotted you from a range beyond your ability to spot it on the map),
These things work even if you stand still? :v
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 826