Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084923 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10560 on: June 04, 2014, 04:10:48 am »

holy shit the vanu ppa-h on the harasser is a farmers paradise, high rof high splash yum yum cooked NC

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: June 04, 2014, 04:41:06 am »

Speaking of discovery, I'd love if they'd release a silencer attachment for the revolver sidearm...
Before anyone says anything, it's not as ridiculous as it sounds.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10562 on: June 04, 2014, 05:19:54 am »

Speaking of discovery, I'd love if they'd release a silencer attachment for the revolver sidearm...
Before anyone says anything, it's not as ridiculous as it sounds.

I meant more how op it'll be :P Number one reason infiltrators with stalker and a sidearm die is because the radar dots from firing a weapon. No radar dart and smaller report means survival will go way up. If they also release a scope for the revolver, might as well use it as a main weapon.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: June 04, 2014, 08:36:59 am »

Nobody likes the Jackhammer it seems
There are people in my outfit who would shoot you in the back for saying that. Shoot you with their Jackhammer.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10564 on: June 04, 2014, 05:18:25 pm »

Tried playing Planetside 2 again today. At noon i was in a tower with ONE other TR defending against 6 NC.
And in rthe evening we had a clorious defense against a VS swarm we couldn't do crap about because they had a 25% pop advantage and more vehicles.

At that point i just turned it off asking myself why bother.
And i'm not even saying anything about the arguably P2W implants... then again they don't give too much of an advantage from what i saw. Only little things like automatically spotting everyone you look at without your character yelling XXX SPOTTED!
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: June 04, 2014, 05:41:39 pm »

There's not much you can do against a continent pop advantage... but 2 TR vs 6 NC in a tower? If you cant handle them, why not spawn elsewhere?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10566 on: June 04, 2014, 05:51:23 pm »

There's not much you can do against a continent pop advantage... but 2 TR vs 6 NC in a tower? If you cant handle them, why not spawn elsewhere?
Because that was the only battle availbe at that hour. Noon is a slow time on woodman outside of weekends (for obvious reasons) and i was not interested in playing to check other continents... indar is usually the most populated one anyway.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: June 04, 2014, 06:04:23 pm »

TR Max with Chainguns is pretty terrible at close range, they just don't fire fast enough to justify the recoil. I mean, sure, they shred foes, but it's nothing that the Pounder can't do in less time, and the only difference is heavy drop on the Pounder.

Heck, I've found decent viability as a locked down Burster MAX as TR, the fire rate more than makes up for the danger. You have to be very smart about where you place yourself though - anywhere a sniper can fire, anywhere a heavy can rocket, is an incredibly foolish area to lockdown. You ideally want the maximum ROM with the minimum exposure - easier said than done - but firing from a high point while standing back is useful I guess.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: June 04, 2014, 06:54:47 pm »

Any hints for a newbie? Are there any euroservers with bay12 folk I should join up? Any particular pitfalls and noob bait I should avoid? Any online resources I should be aware of?

Seems like a cool game if it's anything at all it promises.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: June 04, 2014, 07:12:17 pm »

Duuvian made an excellent post on this.  It's primarily themed for NC players, but the general tips are cross-faction.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: June 04, 2014, 08:10:34 pm »

I think the worst part of planetside is that it's a giant farm. Outside of alerts, almost every move you see is to farm more pubs because you need dem certs. Farming spawns with tanks, farming small engagements with ESFs, farming everything with libs, etc. What makes it even worse is that new players are not only inexperienced but laughably underequipped for anything but vanilla infantry combat... and even then, that's mostly just because even a scrub can kill someone before they can react. Not because the balance between certed out infantry and non is fair. What you end up with is a few players with both experience and the tools for the job raking in pubs by the dozens.

The best part of planetside is either before you realize you're being farmed or when it's a legitimate battle for the hex. Some really great stuff comes out of that, and you can see a lot of good players sacrificing their farm to actually win. It's just too bad that the rest of the game is a bunch of effectively invincible BR100 lib crews burninating the countryside.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: June 04, 2014, 08:14:14 pm »

Yeah, I've had some incredibly epic fights defending a tower with a small squad against a larger (but still comparatively small) force (a specific three-way engagement comes to mind), but those are pretty rare compared to the FARM CERTS NOW.   A good outfit will help find the first fight, but IMO they're getting harder to find.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I'm hiatus.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: June 05, 2014, 05:15:31 pm »

TR Max with Chainguns is pretty terrible at close range, they just don't fire fast enough to justify the recoil. I mean, sure, they shred foes, but it's nothing that the Pounder can't do in less time, and the only difference is heavy drop on the Pounder.

I use (well, used, when I played) the pounders even for exclusive AA situations like in a biolab. The TTK is similar to the mercies, the damage is much more bursty, there's a (rather small) AoE, and best of all they shred enemy maxes too.

TR dedicated AA weapons have just been nerfed too much, no point in using them anymore really.

Pounder used to be terrible before the fixed they projectiles - they used to come from the guns making it almost impossible to hit with both at close range. Now they come from the center of the screen, so they are actually usable.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: June 05, 2014, 08:41:51 pm »

Some of the best fights I have seen are ones where the NC zerg are taking hex after hex from us (VS) and we get closer and closer to stopping them each time. There are also some bases that are fun to fight in (The Stronghold comes to mind), since the capture point can flip a lot and the fighting tends to be equal.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: June 06, 2014, 11:56:17 pm »

Yay, good news! Libs are getting their AI abilities nerfed for everything except the Duster, while tanks are getting a bit more comfortable to drive with turret stabilization so it doesn't bounce around over bumps.

That and a Waterson/Mattherson merge is being given real attention now, so that's likely to actually happen soon. It'll be nice having people on my server.
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 826