Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089198 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10635 on: June 16, 2014, 12:54:53 am »

If that wasn't enough people were logging into their NC characters and bombing people and vehicles in the WG with libs.

If you use the SAW don't use HV ammo, it doesn't need it and it makes the recoil excessive. It's ok (better than many lmgs anyways due to the high damage per bullet) at long range to plink with but I'd prefer a Warden. It's really good up close to mid where you get a full 200 damage with your bullets. Try using it with a reflex sight like that. Also stand still when you are shooting or maybe crouch. Aim down the sights obviously. If you find yourself strafing while firing you'll want the GD-22s instead.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:11:13 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10636 on: June 16, 2014, 07:34:08 am »

The SAW has fallen out of favor with me, the recoil (even with everything set up to minimize it) is pretty horrific and makes long range combat a chore, at least until you master controlling it. Meanwhile, the hipfire is abysmal for CQC, so you'll often just get outgunned. I've had good experiences with it, but those mostly come down to the near-unlimited ammo supply allowing me to mow down a group.

Flak is still up in the air for me. I don't play big fights (there are literally none when I get to play) so the only real threat from explosion damage are farming ESF and Libs - in which case I should probably redeploy. Grenades are really easy to avoid and you don't really see much else. Again though, this is probably a big abnormal.

I was having a TON of fun today with a NMG/Nanoweave/Mauler HA in a tower. I don't know what everyone else thinks of it, but the Mauler is great. With good aim you can rip apart even other shotgun users (and those are actually not that common, oddly) and ofc most everything else stands next to no chance. I actually felt like a great player - in about an hour of play, I got somewhere around 80 kills in that one fight, topping the battle leaderboard and feeling pretty badass. There were a lot of 10-15 kill killstreaks in there, but the biggest feelgood moment was emptying my shotgun into a group of spandexmen and then sniping the remaining BR100 Infil 100m out with a well placed rocket.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 07:25:14 pm by Rex_Nex »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10637 on: June 16, 2014, 07:49:13 pm »

Wooo I backflipped my flash onto Visigodo about ten minutes ago when he was camping a capture point on Esamir after an alert ended. He was in the corner so I drove to the far wall from him and drove up the wall with turbo and landed directly on him. It was the coolest thing I've done in a while.

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #10638 on: June 19, 2014, 09:57:02 pm »

*Cough*
"Our plan as of right now is to get Hossin, continent locking, outfit recruitment & outfit base capture live with next week's update."

Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10639 on: June 19, 2014, 10:04:13 pm »

I can't wait to see the new continent, getting a bit tired of Indar

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10640 on: June 19, 2014, 10:17:28 pm »

I, too, am tired of playing Indarside 2.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10641 on: June 19, 2014, 10:54:01 pm »

Spoiler: Flash in flight (click to show/hide)

How do you think the new pistols should work? I've

I think NC should get a mini-Jackhammer. If that sounds too strong, maybe a double barrel shotgun pistol that breaks open to reload.

The TR should get a low recoil bullet hose with quite low dps but huge magazine and a fast reload sort of like the NC's EM1 LMG. It would essentially be for shooting through doorways and making people duck or for constant damage on a max or some such. I'd be happy with 100 rounds in the magazine at a rate of fire and recoil pattern that lets them keep it it firing  through a door, sort of like Vanu do with the Lasher but without giant explosive bullets.

My idea for VS is a charge up pistol that can fire a round much weaker but similar to a lasher type round after a reasonable charge up along, with 3 fire modes. Two modes being a bit worse Beamer with single and burst fire modes and the third the charged lasher shot.

If they do something like a mini-Jackhammer though, it would be tough to balance unless you could add sights to secondaries. They'd probably have to have some pretty strong scope sway.

Another thing, I used the new Airhammer today and was quite pleased. It seems significantly better versus infantry. To be really good at that it could use another 10 rounds but it's a bit better than before. I emptied out a magazine on a group of TR outside of a building that were defending a corner firing lane. I got a half dozen kills in one pass, which is something that would not have happened pre-patch where I would have been lucky to come away with one or two.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:45:58 pm by Duuvian »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10642 on: June 20, 2014, 12:21:32 am »

I was pleased with what went up on test.

NC's shotgun was basically fine, although I wouldn't mind giving it two more rounds of ammo. As is, it compares to the Commissioner about as well as the crossbow does -- better in a few specific niches, but overall worse.

TR's gun seemed pretty reasonable as well. A bit less ammo/DPS than the Repeater, but full auto and better control makes it more well rounded if you like that sort of thing.

The VS offering was unfinished, but hopefully they'll get a generic burst pistol that'll stop them from whining about it, then once they realize burst pistols aren't some all-conquering manna from heaven, then they can go back to using the Commissioner like everyone else.

Also, Hossin~~~
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10643 on: June 20, 2014, 01:30:50 am »

The VS offering was unfinished, but hopefully they'll get a generic burst pistol that'll stop them from whining about it, then once they realize burst pistols aren't some all-conquering manna from heaven, then they can go back to using the Commissioner like everyone else.
But... I like the desperado =p

I saw the liberator got nerfed... or, well, would it be considered a nerf or would it be considered focusing its weapons a bit more?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10644 on: June 20, 2014, 01:35:59 am »

Two round bursts will put two bullets into a target out to 50m, 3 round bursts you'll have that 3rd bullet zip over their head past 10m

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10645 on: June 20, 2014, 04:14:35 am »

I think NC should get a mini-Jackhammer. If that sounds too strong, maybe a double barrel shotgun pistol that breaks open to reload.

Ugh, don't we have enough shotguns already?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10646 on: June 20, 2014, 08:07:35 am »

Ugh, don't we have enough shotguns already?
Shotguns and gauss weapons all the way.
Do you even NC?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10647 on: June 20, 2014, 09:36:33 am »

The problem with giving one faction a full-auto secondary is that it would turn out to be the best secondary in the game.

PS2 is currently a game of RoF, especially in CQC. Pistols are already ineffective outside of near-point-blank ranges, so range is a non-issue here. I remember back when only the TR had burst pistols, and they were, without question, the best secondaries in the game, and the other factions had a hard time competing when it came to secondaries.

I really hope they don't make the same mistake after all this progress. It'd be horribly frustrating.

In other news: Air got nerfed. About time.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10648 on: June 20, 2014, 12:17:24 pm »

Like shit it is about RoF, its about DPS and burst damage - both of which the NC excels at.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10649 on: June 20, 2014, 12:36:12 pm »

But... I like the desperado =p

I'd say you're in the minority. Looking at my last 300 deaths, I have one pistol death to each faction's default, and about 15 deaths to NS stuff. More people use the Underboss than I expected (and two deaths to the crossbow!) but that's still NS.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 708 709 [710] 711 712 ... 826