Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089343 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10920 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:57 am »

I can't imagine it being anything like the Jackhammer, UBSGs are... not very good. Perhaps it's other stats will redeem it some what, but I doubt it's going to be superior to the VS/TR options -- I suspect SOE considers +UBSG, -2 rounds to be basically an even trade.

Edit: Also, while I'm here, I should mention I got my third MAX knife kill today. Wheeee!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:32:42 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: July 24, 2014, 02:58:08 pm »

Very Laser Guided missiles?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: July 24, 2014, 03:01:39 pm »

It'll basically be an AV mana turret

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: July 24, 2014, 03:11:37 pm »

CAS looks really good to me.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: July 24, 2014, 03:49:31 pm »

Hornet missile
Lolpod
Air-Vulcan
Banshee
Vortex

The CAS is going to make meat sacks cry, VLG might actually be useful on a turret

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: July 24, 2014, 04:03:24 pm »

I'd like it if these guns were on the side of ineffective so that it doesn't become the go-to kill everything vehicle like the Harasser used to be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: July 24, 2014, 04:14:29 pm »

I don't mind if the weapons are strong as long as they aren't as hard to kill as the initial harasser.

I'm looking forward to flying around Phoenix users in the rumble seats.

One thing that might be odd about it is that skyguards will tear up the rumble seat riders. Skyguards have a large radius area damage explosion but only against aircraft.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:19:38 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: July 25, 2014, 02:00:40 am »

I'd like it if these guns were on the side of ineffective so that it doesn't become the go-to kill everything vehicle like the Harasser used to be.

Conversely, I hope they aren't too ineffective, so the vehicle doesn't become the MAX taxi that the current Harasser is (with the added benefit of it being unable to even carry MAXes.)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: July 25, 2014, 05:13:36 am »

IDk, current Harasser is pretty effective against infantry.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10930 on: July 25, 2014, 06:17:52 am »

I keot a sundy alive for nearly twenty minutes because I used the Walker on its front to shoot down all the Phoenix missiles that came flying twards it  :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: July 25, 2014, 06:32:54 am »

IDk, current Harasser is pretty effective against infantry.

Problem is, for half the crew and a third the resources, you can get a Flash which is also pretty effective against infantry, and comes with cloak... and can one clip your Harasser.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:35:38 am by Kanil »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: July 25, 2014, 06:41:23 am »

I played on the test server before going to bed yesterday and got to try out a 3-way fight at The Crown with no loading screens. It was one of the better fights I've been in, and it felt just that much better when you weren't taken out of the game even for a second for a loading screen just to deploy within render distance of where you died.

[EDIT: I don't know if I'm crazy or something but I noticed there were a lot of TR MAXes at that fight. I don't know if they were the same maxes that just didn't die or just kept getting revived, or if something with the new resources is allowing them to pull MAX after MAX in succession.]

The new 'quick deploy' is causing a problem that was probably not initially intended and could be improved with some changes to the death screen. Right now when you die, if the quick deploy is toggled on then you will immediately respawn where you last spawned with your current kit a little bit faster than you could if you were to choose your spawn normally. This is good for newer players and for those time sensitive moments where you need to be pushing as many bodies towards the objective as possible, but it's making it even more difficult for medics to find buddies to revive because the bodies respawn so quickly. It would be nice if there were some feedback to the dead player that a medic is nearby with their medic tool out, and perhaps automatically toggle the quick spawn off. They can still his spacebar to respawn like they can now, but it'd give medics a bit more time to get to the corpses. They could possibly even have it so that with quick spawn enabled they will automatically accept medic revive requests, using the revive as their 'quick spawn', but that might cause problems where people weren't quite paying attention or were not aware they were being revived and suddenly popping right back up where a squad of heavies could be waiting for them to get up.

Mag scatter is a pocket shotgun just as advertised. I would have the reload animation be a bit different, but in the end that's not really important, more of a nitpick. I'll probably stick with my Desperado though =3

The directives themselves (which is what was being tested) didn't seem to be working at all for me and it's definitely in its earlier stages right now. Everything is under drop-down 'trees' of sorts, similar to the old cert menu except with menus within the menus (if that makes sense). Things you do towards directives show up on the left hand side above the current objective which is nice, now they just need to have some kind of XP ticker on the right side of the screen so individual actions don't show up one at a time like they do now.
I keot a sundy alive for nearly twenty minutes because I used the Walker on its front to shoot down all the Phoenix missiles that came flying twards it  :P
Every time I use a phoenix it astounds me that nobody ever thinks to shoot my missile down given how easy it is. I've shot down friendly missiles accidentally just by shooting towards the enemy =p
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:44:54 am by OzyTheSage »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: July 27, 2014, 02:03:20 am »

Today on Emerald a well known Youtuber I had never heard of before today named AngryJoe brought 150+ new players to play on the TR side. I happened to login into the NC facility on Hossin they were trying to take by pure chance. I haven't seen so many <BR20 TR in one place in a long time. There was no room in the Goon platoon so I stayed there for a short while.

NC was losing slowly despite repeatedly pushing their sheer numbers off the points and gens but then GOKU showed up in vehicles, /yelling ATRA lives.

As I had only just logged in and because ATRA is usually only called for a good and noble reason, I confirmed it by echoing in /yell.

Unfortunately I was later ashamed to learn it was not a resurgent TE or other such catastrophe that caused GOKU to call for ATRA but a cruel desire to shit on 150+ new potential TR players. I was only there for a short while before a spot in the Goon Platoon opened on another continent and I joined that instead but to my shame later on I had already affirmed ATRA.

I learned an hour or so later that GOKU pushed the TR all the way back to their warpgate on Hossin, and while I was only present for fifteen minutes or so of base defense before leaving I feel I too am partially guilty of potentially making new players leave the game due to my ATRA lives statement.

Therefore in the future I will only agree to ATRA after I'm sure that it's for a good reason and not Goku being as someone in the true Goon outfit put it with none disagreeing "the worst Goons."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:21:32 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: July 27, 2014, 02:26:52 am »

GOKU ~ /yelling ATRA lives ~ only called for good reason
No offense, but why would anyone take anything GOKU says in /yell as anything other than mass dickish trolling. I just assumed anyone who's played on mattherson long enough took this as fact.

"the worst Goons"
Couldn't agree more.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 826