Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084871 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10935 on: July 27, 2014, 02:29:16 am »

In the past ATRA has been called for good reasons, but you do have a solid point there.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10936 on: July 27, 2014, 02:37:06 am »

... what's ATRA?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: July 27, 2014, 02:44:28 am »

My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: July 27, 2014, 03:29:10 am »

Anti Terran Republic Alliance.

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: July 27, 2014, 08:46:38 am »

I was actually there for the entirety of that battle.  The platoon I was in kept the shields up on Naum Amp Station for well over an hour.  They only dropped twice, and we pushed them back each time.  We held out, with only around 25% pop for the entirety of the battle, until the VS took the territory between the VS warp gate and us gave us the opportunity to surge forward and smash the TR.

And frankly, at Naum itself the VS were more of a hindrance than a help.  We weren't able to restore the West shield generator for about 20 minutes because they were sitting there camping the lift tunnel from the main building with some MANAs, and that had been pretty much the only way out of the base the TR wasn't paying attention to. And they were the ones who brought down that shield gen in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:48:47 am by Mistercheif »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: July 27, 2014, 08:56:41 am »

Today on Emerald a well known Youtuber I had never heard of before today named AngryJoe brought 150+ new players to play on the TR side.
Basically all of the youtubers that both I know and are big enough to hold a similar audience that have played PS2 have picked TR for some reason. Its a bit odd.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: July 27, 2014, 09:17:53 am »

Today on Emerald a well known Youtuber I had never heard of before today named AngryJoe brought 150+ new players to play on the TR side.
Basically all of the youtubers that both I know and are big enough to hold a similar audience that have played PS2 have picked TR for some reason. Its a bit odd.
Probably because they have the most rof and thus feel more like a typical fps. Also, that means you can spam them more and get at least some hits.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: July 27, 2014, 04:26:52 pm »

I still think the VS is the best newbie infantry faction. Their MBT is a little less newbie friendly, but the guns are solid at most ranges, they start with the Orion, and seem to have really manageable recoil. I actually preferred the NC over the TR too, but I'm not really sure why and would like to give the TR and/or VS another try. I'm getting kind of tired of a large portion of NC weaponry either being hard to control or a shotgun.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:28:32 pm by Rex_Nex »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: July 27, 2014, 06:22:52 pm »

<Angry Joe stuff>
I couldn't be there

Funnily enough, most opinions from NC I've heard prefer the more 'TR-like' weapons such as the Carnage AR, the NC6 and EM6 being notable exceptions. Also, don't forget that VS don't have to worry about ballistic drop

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: July 27, 2014, 11:37:26 pm »

Also, don't forget that VS don't have to worry about ballistic drop
There aren't that many long range VS weapons that lack bullet drop. There's Eidolon and maybe something else. I haven't played in a while so memory's a bit fuzzy but that was the general gist of the no-bullet-drop feature at that time.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10945 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:32 am »

I decided to play the class I never play and ran around as an infiltrator for a while. It really sucked for a while since I'm used to being able to take enemies head-on, but I finally got the gist of it and started getting a consistent run.

Turns out most of the SMGs kind of suck with a silencer, and their low damage makes them hard to use when you do end up in a direct confrontation. Then I realized that I'd unlocked the automatic Scout Gun some decades ago, tossed a silencer on it, and that was about the point where I started enjoying myself. It's incredibly fun having to outsmart your opponents rather than just outgun them.

The certs come slow, though, since everything's more methodical. I'm looking forward to getting some of the game changing items, like the AP mines and the EMP grenades, but with as slow as Infils get certs I may have to stock up as a medic while doing that.

On the other hand it's nice to have something to work towards. I unlocked everything I wanted for my favorite classes (Medic, Engineer, and LA) a while ago and was starting to pile up quite a few certs. Now I actually have something to spend them on!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: July 28, 2014, 05:51:22 pm »

I played infiltrator for a few minutes a couple days back, because our squad needed to hack a vehicle terminal and nobody else volunteered. It felt a bit like EZ mode, honestly, but it could've just been that all my enemies were stupid.

There aren't that many long range VS weapons that lack bullet drop. There's Eidolon and maybe something else. I haven't played in a while so memory's a bit fuzzy but that was the general gist of the no-bullet-drop feature at that time.
Really? I was under the impression that all VS weapons didn't have bullet drop. Does their rocket launcher have ballistic drop?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: July 28, 2014, 07:12:40 pm »

The lancer doesn't, but the others have the same characteristics as the other factions' equivalents.
Bolt-actions (except for phase shift) have drop. Tank shells have drop (and a lot it, too). All I could think of.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: July 29, 2014, 02:47:21 am »

S1 has drop, lancer doesnt

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: July 29, 2014, 06:56:23 pm »

I've been getting one shot killed by DA members with close range bolt actions. It's almost like they read my post about not seeing many VS snipers and decided to make me eat my words.

Hats off to DA, the one outfit that is good enough to make me want to throw out baseless hackusations (such quick aim time!) even though I know it would be too hard for an outfit in the spotlight as they are to get away with it for so long. They are the main reason I'm against the HE splash nerf as it's changing the game in their favor which is hardly needed. HE cannons are currently their kryptonite when they stack up in a building and firing line people trying to get in, but possibly not any longer after the new patch goes live.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:58:15 pm by Duuvian »

Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 826