Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084891 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #11430 on: October 14, 2014, 05:19:33 am »

"Continent locking will give everyone a goal to work towards."

Ha ha.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11431 on: October 14, 2014, 07:27:10 am »

That's why we need sanctuaries, so we can lock an empire into that and turn every screen in their base into a rapidly flashing Higby .gif.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11432 on: October 14, 2014, 08:31:46 am »

That's why we need sanctuaries, so we can lock an empire into that and turn every screen in their base into a rapidly flashing Higby .gif.

I see no difference between locking an empire into a sanctuary and locking them into a warpgate.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11433 on: October 14, 2014, 09:47:18 am »

but muh nostalgia

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11434 on: October 14, 2014, 12:03:56 pm »

I'm curious about what kind of setup you use that allows you to kill infantry further than 10 meters away before they can rape you with rockets and grenades.

The Mattocks with slugs will make you effective to about 50m. I've also heard good things about the Ravens.

And yes, the falcons rape everything, if you can aim good enough.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11435 on: October 14, 2014, 12:10:13 pm »

And if the hit detection gods are merciful.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11436 on: October 14, 2014, 05:27:38 pm »

Few things I've learned today:

1. Grenade Bandolier in large fights is the best suit slot by faaaar. Like, not even close. It's one of the best investments you can make for any of the classes.
2. If you sit in a horde of opponents at night, you absolutely will not be seen. I ran into a large group of TR in a heavy firefight, threw nades all over them, and then just sat among them knifing repeatedly for a good 30 seconds. Ten knife kills, ten frag kills, infinite amounts of laughter.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11437 on: October 14, 2014, 09:30:13 pm »

get rekt

Remember how I got rekt in the Farmer's League Invitational Tournament on Thursday?

Well, it happened again, this time at the hands of Total Recoil.

Guys, don't join a xXxMLGxXX league if your outfit isn't xXX2MLG420MExXx. I would feel better if we were getting destroyed purely because of a skill deficit on our part, but when we're scraping for people to fill in slots at the last minute and we haven't practiced the map it's just an embarrassment. Organization should not be our Achilles heel.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11438 on: October 14, 2014, 09:31:17 pm »

The announcer for the first game was very supported and thankful for your team getting out there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11439 on: October 14, 2014, 09:45:22 pm »

An outfit pulled out of the league at the last minute and we agreed to fill in, so it's no surprise Future Crew is grateful for that.

We formed our twelve man roster and submitted it on the day it was due according to the ruleset. With such hasty roster creation I think problems like this were a predictable result.

Still.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11440 on: October 15, 2014, 08:33:12 pm »

I bought the GD-7F (NC's 845rpm/143 dmg dakka carbine) and love it. It not only has one of the lowest TTKs in the game, but has access to both advanced laser and softpoint. It's like an SMG that trades off .75 ADS for not having any of the downsides of SMGs (namely terrible shell velocity, damage dropoff, and ADS acc.) and an even faster TTK. Almost. The hipfire isn't quite there.

Was checking out weapon TTKs, the TRV is insane - not only does it have the same insanely fast TTK up close, but because it's an AR, it carries that TTK weeeelll into 30m+ combat. I cant quite recall how unwieldy it was from my time as TR, though, and TTK at range is not nearly as important as hitting home in the first place.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11441 on: October 15, 2014, 09:08:49 pm »

I bought the GD-7F (NC's 845rpm/143 dmg dakka carbine) and love it. It not only has one of the lowest TTKs in the game, but has access to both advanced laser and softpoint. It's like an SMG that trades off .75 ADS for not having any of the downsides of SMGs (namely terrible shell velocity, damage dropoff, and ADS acc.) and an even faster TTK. Almost. The hipfire isn't quite there.

I like the bandit. It has better hipfire and it surprises VS when you are only slowed to a jog instead of a walk when ADS strafing. I think they are used to fighting people who usually slow down by half or even have to stand still to keep their accuracy. TR are much more used to .75 ads move speed and track it better.

The GD-7f is really great if you can get close enough for a close range hipfire kill. If it's past a certain range though, especially with a suppressor and soft point, it will feel like it takes the entire magazine to kill someone as it sprays bullets around mid range targets in ADS mode pretty quick in a burst (though I used the 3.4 red dot scope with it during the inaccurate scope days.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:18:14 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11442 on: October 15, 2014, 09:27:23 pm »

Yeah, the Bandit looks even better than the GD-7F, as the traits it offers seem best suited to a CQC carbine, while its only real downside (velocity) isnt terribly important. Recoil is a bit harder to compensate for, though. I'd of purchased the Bandit, but I didn't bother to do the math in my head and just assumed the GD-7F had the faster TTK while the Bandit was the lower TTK, better handling version (like the razor vs merc).

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11443 on: October 15, 2014, 09:44:48 pm »

PPA was changed on the test server. Forumside is trying to determine if the current version on test is a moderate nerf or a powerful buff or somewhere in between. Posters chime in saying both, but those who say they've tried it seem to think it's still very strong though mostly they say they use it in VR. There are worrying posts about the changes making it as deadly as a Banshee up close while controlling your fire at long range allows the same rate of accurate fire as before. Cof expands more and much faster but it has 2x the firing speed. Splash damage is lower, max splash damage radius reduced significantly to .1 meters. It starts at 12 shots in the magazine, but the reload speed is significantly faster now. All direct damage removed and now damage is splash only. It wrecks harassers and esfs due to resist type changes, to the point it kills them faster than the current Vulcan but I guess it's not intended to do better against those vehicles than an anti vehicle secondary.

In addition there seems to be some concern that minimum splash damage radius is still large, meaning as Alarox in that thread put it (I can't be bothered to check his math):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Link to forums post with a video of use in VR:
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/video-new-ppa-changes.204625/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:18:00 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11444 on: October 15, 2014, 10:07:07 pm »

Initial thoughts: seems like a step forward and a step back at the same time. If there were an initial COF then maybe...
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 826