Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089967 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #12000 on: March 25, 2016, 05:15:49 pm »

Holding off on that for a bit, as the 2x-Reflex Sight/Foregrip combo is working quite well since most of my combats are fairly close range.

Still got about 1100 certs saved up, though. Haven't gone with any kind of missile/rocket pod for the Mosquito, since I really don't think I'm a good pilot. Wouldn't be so bad if you could map yaw to the frickin' mouse x-axis. Or if I had a good flight stick. Roll maneuvers with a mouse are awkward.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: April 01, 2016, 09:01:33 am »

The construction system is set to be released Monday.

E: There's also a few interesting bits to read in that post, like base capture changes.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:09:54 am by OzyTheSage »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12002 on: April 01, 2016, 09:08:36 am »

So does that mean the cosnstruction system is the april fools, or is this just badly timed reddit posting?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: April 01, 2016, 09:13:08 am »

april fools
I had completely forgotten about the date. This would be a very mean joke, as a some of the stuff mentioned are things that people have wanted for a while now. But then I see things like "removed Subterranean Nanite Analasys" and engineers having the archer in their turret slot and... well, that's what I get for not reading the whole post first XD

Sorry guys. I won't expect the actual construction release until may or so.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: April 11, 2016, 07:14:38 am »

Holy crap, I just discovered the VR training map, which gives you access to everything to play with. No more trying to learn how to fly an aircraft in the middle of battle! It's not that hard to fly, either. I just have to stop crashing into trees.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: April 11, 2016, 07:47:30 am »

You can also trial weapons for 30 minutes before buying them, but yes, VR allows you to try everything except for directive weapons and certain camos before making a cert/DBG investment.

If you want to learn "the air game" one thing people do is find a pilot willing to teach them, then both spawn ESFs and then trade them. You don't get weapons lock for shooting at your own ESF.

If you just want to fly galaxies and such then flying in this game is incredibly simple compared to other games I've played. If you play on Emerald on NC then find someone called MadHatta and gun for his galaxy, then observe how he does stuff. Also bring a barf bag.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: April 11, 2016, 10:44:23 am »

I have gunned for MadHatta before, most fun I've ever had in the air.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: April 27, 2016, 02:27:25 am »

Construction update is imminent.
Construction, resource gathering, a reworked Indar, and more. Their given time/date for the update is "6am (Pacific) / 13:00 (UTC)" on the 27th. Which is today.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: April 27, 2016, 03:21:46 am »

Damn, and I won't be able to play for a couple days.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: April 27, 2016, 04:30:24 am »

Guess, I'll give the game another shot.

Though in the past whats gotten me to stop everytime was preformance on my little laptop.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: April 27, 2016, 01:58:24 pm »

Oh my god, the 'join squad' menu has a cohesion display. Still can't click the outfit tag to go to the outfit page.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12011 on: April 27, 2016, 02:01:48 pm »

It's amazing, I thought that would never happen.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:15 pm »

A cohesion display?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: April 27, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »

So you know whether the squad is together or all off doing lone wolf crap.

Looks like the warpgates have changed too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: April 27, 2016, 02:12:21 pm »

Oh, nice. That sounds like a great thing for squads.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 826