Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 237

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 388868 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #2430 on: October 15, 2015, 04:49:16 am »

Make that two and a half, depending on whether or not I can be arsed to break out Ye Olde Rulebooks once more.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: October 15, 2015, 07:59:30 pm »

I'd be interested. Which edition?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: October 15, 2015, 08:00:38 pm »

3.5, as per tradition.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: October 15, 2015, 09:33:16 pm »

Spoiler:  Before I got ninjaed (click to show/hide)
Well, I just got ninja-ed. Probably means that I won't be able to join unless there's a way I can get a copy of 3.5 edition rules.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: October 15, 2015, 10:48:29 pm »

It's all on an online SRD. I'm on my mobile, so I can't link it, but Google DND 3.5 SRD and it should show up.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: October 15, 2015, 11:21:23 pm »

This is the 3.5 SRD. It mostly only has core rules and some things from a few other books (according to the site it's all sourcebooks published by Wizards of the Coast that contain open content). This is the OGL Wiki, which contains quite a lot of open game content for 3.5 (plus a few other d20 games like Pathfinder and Modern). It contains 3rd party open content, which the SRD does not.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: October 16, 2015, 10:52:17 am »

Speaking of Pathfinder, have you ever tried running a game of that, Tawarochir?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: October 16, 2015, 03:44:24 pm »

3.5, as per tradition.
I had an idea for a were- character I wanted to try, but then all games were 5e, so I didn't get the chance.

So I'm tempted.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: October 16, 2015, 04:12:52 pm »

Speaking of Pathfinder, have you ever tried running a game of that, Tawarochir?
I'm vaguely familiar with the Pathfinder rule changes, and I've actually made a couple characters from some of the more interesting classes from the game, but I think I'll stick with 3.5 for the time being.
-snip-
3.5 is pretty fun, if not quite as balanced as 5e, and as MNII and Kadzar mentioned there's an SRD with most of the stuff you need on it. I have the physical core books aside from the Monster Manual, so I can help you with the stuff like leveling up the SRD doesn't cover. I had quite a bit of fun figuring out how to play using just the SRD, myself.

Your character concept and a fair amount of the crunch you have there should be able to be adapted to 3.5, as well.
I had an idea for a were- character I wanted to try, but then all games were 5e, so I didn't get the chance.

So I'm tempted.
Sounds fun. I'm using the tier-based free LA houserule, as well.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:14:55 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: October 16, 2015, 04:18:01 pm »

Hello shenanigans, my old friend; Ive come to talk with you again.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: October 16, 2015, 04:27:02 pm »

as a person who's never actually played DnD, despite owning the rulebooks, I have a question
what is this house rule? What does it do?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: October 16, 2015, 04:42:50 pm »

Make that two and a half, depending on whether or not I can be arsed to break out Ye Olde Rulebooks once more.
3/2!

How heavily can we optimize?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: October 16, 2015, 04:45:27 pm »

as a person who's never actually played DnD, despite owning the rulebooks, I have a question
what is this house rule? What does it do?
There's a lot of power disparity in the game. Fighters and monks, to put it mildly, suck. Wizards can singlehandedly do everything before they're half max level. Lots of houserules have been come up with to get around this, from blanket bans on the strong stuff to stuff like giving lower-tier characters "gestalt" abilities where they get to advance in two classes at once. I'm partial to the "Level Adjustment by Tier" rule, where lower-powered characters get to add extra stuff to their characters, like templates and more powerful races like drow and stuff.

Personally, I prefer having a gentleman's agreement with anybody who wants to play stuff like Druids or Wizards, since they're the only one who has fun turning into a bear that shoots bears that spit fire and fart lightning or use the Locate City bomb to eliminate everything in a seventy-mile radius. Some people run high-powered games where the free LA starts coming from everywhere below Tier 1, but I'm more of a Tier 3-baseline kind of guy and intend to start supplying it to Tier 4 (default rangers/rogues/paladins) and under.
3/2!

How heavily can we optimize?
I'd prefer you not go into full-on munchkin mode, but I don't mind the sort of splatbook-laden min-maxing that internet class guides generally advocate. To an extent, that is.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:47:45 pm by Tawarochir »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: October 16, 2015, 04:47:37 pm »

You don't have to worry about min-maxing or anything from me, I've never played 3.5 and therefore don't know any of the overpowered combinations.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: October 16, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »

You don't have to worry about min-maxing or anything from me, I've never played 3.5 and therefore don't know any of the overpowered combinations.
Same here.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 237