Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47301 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2012, 01:35:04 pm »

I voted other, Lizardmen. And not just any lizardmen, Thorny Devil men http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorny_Devil.

A Desert dwelling race, with a special building to allow them to make water anywhere, for drinking or medical (plaster powder)
Now that, is interesting. I'll remember that for later if it doesn't win in poll. Also, if you want to vote for someone's other, just put your vote to other and post "so-and-so's idea" or something
'ere the Chias get hungry...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2012, 01:38:13 pm »

Damn. I knew sleeping was a bad idea. I go to sleep and you guys have a debate over those damn elves lol.
Anyways, I've tried multiple ways of limiting the plants already, you can't remove it from embark/trade. You also can't remove it's biome tags. It won't grow. Thus, the only way, as far as Im aware, is to limit it's frequency and clustersize 0(Which I hope works)
Have you tried to restrict it to mountain or tundra?

Edit: Oh, if you're going to add all of those civs, please put them into different entity files. So user can add or remove only several of them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:41:57 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2012, 01:43:23 pm »

Damn. I knew sleeping was a bad idea. I go to sleep and you guys have a debate over those damn elves lol.
Anyways, I've tried multiple ways of limiting the plants already, you can't remove it from embark/trade. You also can't remove it's biome tags. It won't grow. Thus, the only way, as far as Im aware, is to limit it's frequency and clustersize 0(Which I hope works)

Edit: Oh, if you're going to add all of those civs, please put them into different entity files. So user can add or remove only several of them.
If you restrict it to those biomes, they'd only grow in those biomes. And yeah, if all of those get added I'll either add a bunch of "-----------"
To make finding a race easy, or just using different files

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »

If you restrict it to those biomes, they'd only grow in those biomes. And yeah, if all of those get added I'll either add a bunch of "-----------"
Different files. Helps

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2012, 01:47:41 pm »

Different files. Helps
lol Alright

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2012, 04:47:40 pm »

Underwater civs are impossible because water is always counted as dangerous terrain, even if the creature needs water to live.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2012, 05:13:32 pm »

Underwater civs are impossible because water is always counted as dangerous terrain, even if the creature needs water to live.
I know, that's why I'd end up having to give the creature the [AMPHIBIOUS] token. After I posted the poll I realized it wouldn't work 'cause buildings can't be build on/under water. However I left the option up there incase for some reason people(the few who play with this mod) wanted an AMPHIBIOUS creature.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2012, 06:36:56 pm »

How much changes in total with the new races you do ? Progress seems to be very fast, so I wonder if you even had the time to add sprites for each race, and nobles, and a somewhat different playstyle and custom buildings/reactions to them ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2012, 07:45:18 pm »

How much changes in total with the new races you do ? Progress seems to be very fast, so I wonder if you even had the time to add sprites for each race, and nobles, and a somewhat different playstyle and custom buildings/reactions to them ?
Right now no races are 100% custom, they've all been preexisting races. Progress is fast because each update doesn't include much, and I don't really have much else to do. They're also usually not very playtested, but this will all change as soon as I put it in Beta. I do need to clean them all up in the next update.

They all change in their own ways. Like for example playing as Elves, you can't mine. So you have to adjust to building outdoor structures, and training a sizable military to be able to fend off a seige before any BUILDING_DESTROYER's come in and wreck the whole town. However playing as Antmen, you can do everything Dwarves can do, but there are multiple castes, so you have to do a lot of micromanagement on who does what. You also can have larger squads, so you can get militarily-creative with that.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:50:57 pm by Toxicshadow »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2012, 08:56:18 pm »

Thanks for the answer. I am very curious about all this, because I am looking forward to do something similar and/or incorporating your changes if you permit it. I would however create sprites if they are missing and do custom buildings/reactions, at least a few to change the playstyle a bit more. Dont really know how much effort I will put into it, but I like the idea a lot. Opens up so many possibilities.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2012, 09:04:32 pm »

Thanks for the answer. I am very curious about all this, because I am looking forward to do something similar and/or incorporating your changes if you permit it. I would however create sprites if they are missing and do custom buildings/reactions, at least a few to change the playstyle a bit more. Dont really know how much effort I will put into it, but I like the idea a lot. Opens up so many possibilities.
:o As the title says, this is an Alpha version. If you like the idea, create some civs for MW lol.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »

I will ;) Or at least make the normal civs that already exist playable. But I really like your caste-idea for the antmen.

If you need any help with buildings designs or reactions, let me know :)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2012, 09:47:55 pm »

I will ;) Or at least make the normal civs that already exist playable. But I really like your caste-idea for the antmen.

If you need any help with buildings designs or reactions, let me know :)
Mmm thank you for the offer lol, I already have Hugo as my personal modding slave >:D lol. Oh, and if you go with the caste idea for something,  make sure you either A, change the tiles of each caste, B, add a different color to each caste(I'll be doing this for Antmen in the next update), or at minimum C, put the caste name in the description. Otherwise people wont know what creature is what caste.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50:30 pm »

Personal slave you say? Sanure is gonna be jealous.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2012, 09:52:56 pm »

Personal slave you say? Sanure is gonna be jealous.
If Sanure is gunna be jealous...
Oooooooooooooooooo I think there's some bromance goin' on back there x3
And btw, just to clarify things:
19:59   Toxicshadow   Wait no
19:59   Toxicshadow   You aren't my personal slave
19:59   Toxicshadow   You're my personal modding slave.
19:59   Toxicshadow   Which simply means you're a person whom I ask an excessive amount of questions to
19:59   Toxicshadow   In a form that makes it look like slave labor
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19