Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47209 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2012, 10:09:24 pm »

lol if Bromance means Regen Modding Buddy then yes :P

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2012, 06:07:00 am »

Someone just has to suggest this. Can't resist!

Give male Satyrs huge phalluses with punching attack.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2012, 05:16:31 pm »

Yh! finally back to my PC and antmen are waiting for me  :D Will think of lore structure over the weekend so expect a post on monday =)
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2012, 08:23:33 pm »

Yh! finally back to my PC and antmen are waiting for me  :D Will think of lore structure over the weekend so expect a post on monday =)
Alright lol. Lemme know if you find any bugs :P

Edit(Dont wanna double-post): Is anyone else having a hard time finding playable Elven civs? I keep finding lots of Satyr ones now that I want to go through and test Elves. Not sure if it's a bug introduced in 0.05 or just the last few worlds I've gen'd. It seems the Elves keep dying out, because in Legends mode I find their civs, but they don't show up on the map.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:25:29 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2012, 07:18:47 am »

Edit(Dont wanna double-post): Is anyone else having a hard time finding playable Elven civs? I keep finding lots of Satyr ones now that I want to go through and test Elves. Not sure if it's a bug introduced in 0.05 or just the last few worlds I've gen'd. It seems the Elves keep dying out, because in Legends mode I find their civs, but they don't show up on the map.
Usually I gen shortest history world, and check yellow í's at world map. Sometimes it's satyr, sometimes eleven retreat. Satyrs come more often.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2012, 01:22:15 pm »

Usually I gen shortest history world, and check yellow í's at world map. Sometimes it's satyr, sometimes eleven retreat. Satyrs come more often.
I'll lower Satyrs frequency a little bit. And also, for the next update I'm thinking about adding some 'flavor' positions to each Entity. For Elves I know I'm going to add Bards (You'll have 5 of them) who have the "MEETS_WORKERS" responsibility, which means that if an Elf needs someone to complain to, they'll talk to a Bard. Right now I don't think there is a way I can limit these Bards to actually playing music though.

Then I also want to get rid of this "Elf Queen" noble, and replace her with some kind of (Ancient?) council. It just makes more sense for Elves to have some council rather than a queen.

Not sure about any of the other civs yet. If anyone has any ideas for some 'flavor' let me know please(and thank-you) :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2012, 01:37:53 pm »

I'll lower Satyrs frequency a little bit. And also, for the next update I'm thinking about adding some 'flavor' positions to each Entity. For Elves I know I'm going to add Bards (You'll have 5 of them) who have the "MEETS_WORKERS" responsibility, which means that if an Elf needs someone to complain to, they'll talk to a Bard. Right now I don't think there is a way I can limit these Bards to actually playing music though.

Then I also want to get rid of this "Elf Queen" noble, and replace her with some kind of (Ancient?) council. It just makes more sense for Elves to have some council rather than a queen.

Not sure about any of the other civs yet. If anyone has any ideas for some 'flavor' let me know please(and thank-you) :P
You got into regen again haven't you? lol jk :P the concept is everyones property. Just don't be snagging shapers and the high council lol

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2012, 01:42:35 pm »

You got into regen again haven't you? lol jk :P the concept is everyones property. Just don't be snagging shapers and the high council lol
1, Idk what shapers are (Still haven't gotten around to playing Regen lol)
2, They won't be called the High Council(Nor will there be 9 of them)
3, Stop being so paranoid I'm stealing regen lol

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2012, 06:50:12 pm »

Hehe at the paranoia. I goto bed with a machete by my bed, and the slightest noise wakes me up :P I am naturally paranoid :P

Anyways back on topic.... Crap my brain stopped working...
Antmen, is there a way to turn new queens into queens so you can power spawn babies?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2012, 08:00:34 pm »

Hehe at the paranoia. I goto bed with a machete by my bed, and the slightest noise wakes me up :P I am naturally paranoid :P

Anyways back on topic.... Crap my brain stopped working...
Antmen, is there a way to turn new queens into queens so you can power spawn babies?
Idk why you'd want to power breed Antmen, it'd most likely  result in a lot of fps !!FUN!!
...Well except for with your computer, 'cause your computer is just a god, but for a normal person's computer it would have a bad impact on FPS. But, yeah I thought they'd be auto appointed (Assuming there isn't another one already and you have above 65 pop) because of the [ELECTED] token. But then again I really don't know how [ELECTED] works, I just hope it's what I think.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2012, 10:44:34 pm »

ELECTED is assigned by the most liked creature. so whoever has the most friends.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2012, 11:39:03 pm »

ELECTED is assigned by the most liked creature. so whoever has the most friends.
Even then, the only allowed creature is an antmen with the Queen caste. So even if you only have 1 queen ant and meet the pop requirement, the ant should get automatically elected. UNLESS Elected is most friends at a creature level?

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2012, 04:53:26 am »

would it be possible to make a race that is fairly slow to grow into large towns ectra.
but have a MASSIVE tech advantage over the other races, for example they can refine*new stone underground called sulphur* into gunpower, which is used to make musket rounds.
just a suggestion, but i have almost no modding experance so i dont know the limits of DF.
but i think it would be a cool idea, if you want me to post suggestions on there stuff just ask.
thankyou for reading this reply and thanks for your time...
P.S: if there is a mod that does the above *must be playable faction* please let me know.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2012, 11:59:27 am »

would it be possible to make a race that is fairly slow to grow into large towns ectra.
but have a MASSIVE tech advantage over the other races, for example they can refine*new stone underground called sulphur* into gunpower, which is used to make musket rounds.
just a suggestion, but i have almost no modding experance so i dont know the limits of DF.
but i think it would be a cool idea, if you want me to post suggestions on there stuff just ask.
P.S: if there is a mod that does the above *must be playable faction* please let me know.

*sulfer* is in the game already "brimstone" and saltpeter is in already as well. There are 3-4 mods that I know that uses Black Powder

Jake's Blackpowder Firearms mod (allows you to add guns and Bp making to any civ)
Masterwork by Meph
LFR (Legends of Forlorn Realms) by Narihiril (I think she has black powder weapons, she has a ton of things)
and my Mod Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Also @Toxic
If you wish to use fire1666's suggestion, just ask Jake if you can include his mod. :P

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2012, 03:56:55 pm »

*sulfer* is in the game already "brimstone" and saltpeter is in already as well. There are 3-4 mods that I know that uses Black Powder

Jake's Blackpowder Firearms mod (allows you to add guns and Bp making to any civ)
Masterwork by Meph
LFR (Legends of Forlorn Realms) by Narihiril (I think she has black powder weapons, she has a ton of things)
and my Mod Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Also @Toxic
If you wish to use fire1666's suggestion, just ask Jake if you can include his mod. :P
Eh, idk. The idea of firearms in a fantasy-ish game doesn't really appeal to me much. I can almost sorta see Dwarves with like blunderbuss's or maybe muskets, but otherwise nah.

Also, it looks like the Poll came to a tie...
I'll work on the Elemental race first, then the Aquatic race. Since you can't actually build on water, I'm not sure how that race is going to work. If anyone can come up with some ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19