Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47298 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2012, 04:41:41 pm »

Someone just has to suggest this. Can't resist!

Give male Satyrs huge phalluses with punching attack.
Never ever accept a sword fight challenge with a satyer, it's not what you think.

Also cock fighting, don't place bets. Just. No.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2012, 04:49:48 pm »

Someone just has to suggest this. Can't resist!

Give male Satyrs huge phalluses with punching attack.
Never ever accept a sword fight challenge with a satyer, it's not what you think.

Also cock fighting, don't place bets. Just. No.
xDD
'ere the Chias get hungry...

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2012, 01:39:51 am »

Huh. I have a crazy suggestion. Zombie Fortress! You play as zombies, trying to build their own city. They don't breed, but multiply by transforming invaders into their kind.
Is it possible?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2012, 01:55:58 am »

Yep.

Well, actually... at least kinda.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2012, 02:15:08 am »

Yep.

Well, actually... at least kinda.
Would that be an attack with a syndrome with CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2012, 02:45:42 am »

Huh. I have a crazy suggestion. Zombie Fortress! You play as zombies, trying to build their own city. They don't breed, but multiply by transforming invaders into their kind.
Is it possible?
Interesting idea, I'll keep that in mind, I was kinda wanting to add a darker themed race sometime. Anyways, let me tell you these Elemental men are OP(over powered) as hell. lol, Fire men(Throw fireballs), magma men, mud men, and iron men.(Despite that they're full metal, they aren't alchemists sorry.)
There is 2 drawbacks really, I think the firemen can cause the mudmen to evaporate, and only Iron men and magma men have equips. With the elemental race you're going to really have to watch what you build with, seeing as Magma men are...magma, and firemen are obviously fire.

Edit: Oh whoops, excuse the double post! :/
Edit2: Forgot to mention none of these elemental castes:  Eat, Drink, Sleep, Feel Pain, Breath, Become Stunned, Get Nauseous, Have Thoughts, Have Emotions, Can't Become Tired or Overexerted, and they all have Extra Vision. But this is a default rip straight from the creature_subterranean.txt. I need to remove some of them lol because right now they're just beasts. Just a few of them could wipe out a full dwarf fortress, much less a full fortress of a hundred or so of these guys. If anyone has any ideas on what to leave and what to take out lemme know, otherwise I'll just take out what I feel necessary lol
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:55:15 am by Toxicshadow »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2012, 04:21:20 am »

Is it possible?
Interesting idea, I'll keep that in mind, I was kinda wanting to add a darker themed race sometime. Anyways, let me tell you these Elemental men are OP(over powered) as hell. lol, Fire men(Throw fireballs), magma men, mud men, and iron men.(Despite that they're full metal, they aren't alchemists sorry.)
There is 2 drawbacks really, I think the firemen can cause the mudmen to evaporate, and only Iron men and magma men have equips. With the elemental race you're going to really have to watch what you build with, seeing as Magma men are...magma, and firemen are obviously fire.

Edit: Oh whoops, excuse the double post! :/
Edit2: Forgot to mention none of these elemental castes:  Eat, Drink, Sleep, Feel Pain, Breath, Become Stunned, Get Nauseous, Have Thoughts, Have Emotions, Can't Become Tired or Overexerted, and they all have Extra Vision. But this is a default rip straight from the creature_subterranean.txt. I need to remove some of them lol because right now they're just beasts. Just a few of them could wipe out a full dwarf fortress, much less a full fortress of a hundred or so of these guys. If anyone has any ideas on what to leave and what to take out lemme know, otherwise I'll just take out what I feel necessary lol

Magma men could consume molten rock instead of food and magma instead of booze? Mud men would consume clay, blizzard men - ice boulders. And everyone would die out without their provisions. And also they quickly die out when magma and fire men exposed to any biome colder than scorching,blizzard men - to any biome hotter than cold, mud and water men - live only in warm, tenperate and cold biome. The only way for them to live in unapropriate biome is to build "supply pylons" - some building that heats/cools/waters surrounding tiles. Like zergs or protoss of Starcraft. This would give them their own weakness to balance them.

Not sure though if it's possible at all.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2012, 11:56:23 am »

erm not really possible, unless you can somehow get those raised/transformed creatures to Join your civ (taming/hacking) they will just be more hostile zombie creatures.

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2012, 05:57:55 pm »

Well I have a ( what I think is good) base idea for a civ basically they are a civilisation of gnomes that are incredibly weak and fragile and devote there entire lives to worshoping six gods all based upon different features of the earth in return for there incredibly amounts of time worshipping back in ye olde times with creatures that must be selectively chosen on embark and brought from caravans to essentially perform all duties for the race (I dont have the foggiest what we should call the gods Im rubbish with names =S) E.G a gem turtle of Mountainiticus a turtle that grows gems along his back can be sheared off and used to make fine crafts, others are more combat  a Razorhound of Slashicus being another example, some of these creatures hold incredible strength and power but all must be selectively teamed up to realy kick butt! what good is making a creature collapse of pain if no creature is there to bite his head off? What use will a pixie of Cloudfinn (cloud god) be chaining an enemy severley lowering there dodging capability if no Razorhound (or other ranged creature) is there to fire its sharp quills at the enemy, some resources these gnomes are going to be completely cut off from without certain creatures, es you could yeild one crop twice a month from a farmplot and then heavily refine for one gnome, or you could decide to allocate some points to a shroomtail and pick off the plump helmets that grow on its back,

I think you get the picture =)

Please tell me what you think!
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2012, 06:28:56 pm »

Well I have a ( what I think is good) base idea for a civ basically they are a civilisation of gnomes that are incredibly weak and fragile and devote there entire lives to worshoping six gods all based upon different features of the earth in return for there incredibly amounts of time worshipping back in ye olde times with creatures that must be selectively chosen on embark and brought from caravans to essentially perform all duties for the race (I dont have the foggiest what we should call the gods Im rubbish with names =S) E.G a gem turtle of Mountainiticus a turtle that grows gems along his back can be sheared off and used to make fine crafts, others are more combat  a Razorhound of Slashicus being another example, some of these creatures hold incredible strength and power but all must be selectively teamed up to realy kick butt! what good is making a creature collapse of pain if no creature is there to bite his head off? What use will a pixie of Cloudfinn (cloud god) be chaining an enemy severley lowering there dodging capability if no Razorhound (or other ranged creature) is there to fire its sharp quills at the enemy, some resources these gnomes are going to be completely cut off from without certain creatures, es you could yeild one crop twice a month from a farmplot and then heavily refine for one gnome, or you could decide to allocate some points to a shroomtail and pick off the plump helmets that grow on its back,

I think you get the picture =)

Please tell me what you think!
I do like this idea, I'd definitely work on this, but the problem is(and I've ran into this issue before, I hate it >.<) how it affects other civs. As far as I know, I can't limit these creatures to that civ. If anyone has a solution to this issue, please PLEASE post it. 

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2012, 07:00:30 pm »

Yes, with my limited knowledge of modding I do know of the issue, I dislike this solution but its the only one I can think of and that having two a download specifically for them with modified raws making the god creatures domestic and such, sadly (I think of got this right correct me if I am wrong is that interaction with the civ from another civs perspective will be incredibly limited and on the main download they will seem kind of.... pointless
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2012, 07:09:53 pm »

I do like this idea, I'd definitely work on this, but the problem is(and I've ran into this issue before, I hate it >.<) how it affects other civs. As far as I know, I can't limit these creatures to that civ. If anyone has a solution to this issue, please PLEASE post it.

Make them good creatures and make only that civ able to use good creatures.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2012, 07:44:26 pm »

Well, it fits Gnomes to be a good civ.

Jackbod, would you mind coming up with more ideas for Gnomes? Like the names of their creatures and what these creatures produce?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2012, 02:16:09 am »

Well, it fits Gnomes to be a good civ.

Jackbod, would you mind coming up with more ideas for Gnomes? Like the names of their creatures and what these creatures produce?

And they have to be subjectable to gnomeblight!!! That's for sure!

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2012, 09:28:31 am »

I alwise imagin gnomes like mini dwarves on meth. 7foot great axes and the like :P
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19