Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 15, 2012, 02:31:16 am

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]  (Read 47208 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: PlayableCiv+ (V. 0.05A) [Antmen]
« Reply #240 on: July 31, 2012, 03:06:21 pm »

Nope.

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 31, 2012, 03:14:17 pm »

someone might have mention this but the elves arn't working in fortress mode and sayaters arn't working in adv mode (in fortress elf civs can't be play and in adventure civ there are only sayrater outsiders)
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 31, 2012, 03:41:54 pm »

Nope.
Oh  :(

someone might have mention this but the elves arn't working in fortress mode and sayaters arn't working in adv mode (in fortress elf civs can't be play and in adventure civ there are only sayrater outsiders)
LOLWUT? I'm playing fortress with elves fine.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 31, 2012, 03:44:37 pm »

really? i was only able to play ants, dwarves, and the goat-men.
I've asked Uristeamer to begin investigating his duck's ability to eat a fully grown dwarf.- quote from broseph stalin

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #244 on: July 31, 2012, 03:50:36 pm »

huh. how do i pick my race for fortress mode? i'm a tad lost here <_<

Ah, to pick other races to embark as these are the Steps:

Step 1, start the embark (As in "Start Playing" and picking "Fortress Mode")
Spoiler: Image of Step 1 (click to show/hide)
This is what first loads up, notice the "blue statue icons" that means I'm playing as Dwarves, or a civ that uses smoothed caves/mountain fortresses.
But I want to play as Humans, so I hit the 'TAB' key

Step 2, the neighbour menu.
Spoiler: Step 2 image (click to show/hide)
Now I'm in the neighbours menu, at the top I can see what Civ/Race I am currently "Dwarves" just as I had thought.
But I still want to be Humans so, I hit the 'TAB' key once again

Step 3, Picking a civ
Spoiler: Step 3 Image (click to show/hide)
I have underlined all Human civs, because they like to use Nation and Kingdom to end their civ names, Also the gibberish names are kobolds. Since Humans and Kobolds both make towns they have the same Icons in the world map.

So using the (+ plus) and (- minus) keys to go through the list. If you're not sure if the civ is the race you want, TAB through until you get back to the neighbour menu to see if your desired race is at the very top.

EDIT:
In step 3 Confederacy of Pointing is another human civ.

Should help if you've never used the "tab" key during the embarking process.

EDIT:
Also sometimes a civ dies out in worldgen.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 31, 2012, 03:54:50 pm »

really? i was only able to play ants, dwarves, and the goat-men.
If you gen small world, you may not have enough sites for all civs. Make world bigger, or/and raise number of sites. But even with highest number sometimes I need to regen tll I get elves placed.
I'm looking for 'i's at the world map. Check them to be elven retreats, not satyr's.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

wolfwood296

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00:18 pm »

wrong both (hugo said something about never haveing used the tab key... which is wrong if i had played as a goatman or antman)

and i played a fort as goatmen (can't spell the acually name) and then adv mode as an elf, but the elf civs didn't show on embark.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #247 on: July 31, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »

Give me a moment, I'll throw together a quick video on how to pick a civ in fortress mode, there are 2 methods.
:P

I'll also address some things at the end of the video, so even if you know how to pick a civ, I'd suggest watching it anyways
I'll post it here.

Basically what I was going to say, was, sorry for letting this thread sorta die. Life happened. (Again)
I'll try and get an update out asap, I think what's been holding me back are these damn Elves >.< If you look at their raws, they're a mess. I really need to clean them up, before I get those potions done.

Edit: Damn it, I recorded it/uploaded it and everything, but it didn't upload the sound >.<
Worthless youtube, I've reuploaded like 4 times now. I have to go do some stuff irl for a bit, but after that I'll rerecord and convert it to a different format, hopefully then it works.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:02:02 pm by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2012, 04:47:25 am »

Give me a moment, I'll throw together a quick video on how to pick a civ in fortress mode, there are 2 methods.

I'll also address some things at the end of the video, so even if you know how to pick a civ, I'd suggest watching it anyways
I'll post it here.

Basically what I was going to say, was, sorry for letting this thread sorta die. Life happened. (Again)
I'll try and get an update out asap, I think what's been holding me back are these damn Elves >.< If you look at their raws, they're a mess. I really need to clean them up, before I get those potions done.

Edit: Damn it, I recorded it/uploaded it and everything, but it didn't upload the sound >.<
Worthless youtube, I've reuploaded like 4 times now. I have to go do some stuff irl for a bit, but after that I'll rerecord and convert it to a different format, hopefully then it works.
thats ok toxic, life always must come first, i think its mroe important to know your healthy and working on mod then not healther / unhappy and making a bad mod.
also is there an ETA yet or is that still not set in stone *or for elves wood*, cant wait for my 60 man longbow man army to rip any sieges appart, done that in the orc pluggin for masterowrk once with a 60 orc archer army, a tad OP if you ask me XD.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:05:09 am by fire1666 »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2012, 07:06:34 am »

I'm still stuck with magic wood thing.
Now I'm doing this:
added new template:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Added to trees 'enchanted wood' material:
made plant extractable:
made reaction that makes enchanted wood item:

I tested it with vials of extract, and with barrels too, tried to specify container's type as FLASK or BARREL...
Reaction is still inactive. Any ideas what have I screwed?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2012, 02:56:53 pm »

I'll post it here.

thats ok toxic, life always must come first, i think its mroe important to know your healthy and working on mod then not healther / unhappy and making a bad mod.
also is there an ETA yet or is that still not set in stone *or for elves wood*, cant wait for my 60 man longbow man army to rip any sieges appart, done that in the orc pluggin for masterowrk once with a 60 orc archer army, a tad OP if you ask me XD.
Wow, thanks Fire :) I'll get working on this pretty hard to day. I have to rewrite the Elves, seeing as they're the first thing I ever modded, their raws are messier than all hell. Anyways, that's my main task for today, is to rewrite the Elves, and hopefully get Elementals a little less OP. Again, Alchemy will have to wait a while.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2012, 06:25:04 pm »

Now I'm doing this:
added new template:
made plant extractable:

I tested it with vials of extract, and with barrels too, tried to specify container's type as FLASK or BARREL...
You sure you enabled the reaction in entity_default.txt?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2012, 11:31:19 pm »

Now I'm doing this:
added new template:
made plant extractable:

You sure you enabled the reaction in entity_default.txt?
Yes, I see it in the list, but it's red colored like there are no enough reagents.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 03, 2012, 03:00:43 am »

aha, the problem wass that DF don't see logs having MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT. The position of that tag is important!
I just moved MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT under WOOD template and it worked:

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 03, 2012, 03:58:23 am »

Toxic, since we're both working on this, should we move it into some version control system? like git or whatever.

EDIT:
Same problem was with wooden mechanisms.
Plant(Note the REACTION_CLASS moved into STRUCTURAL material section):
reaction:

I'm still not like having both generic ELVEN_MAGIC_WOOD material and ENCHANTED_WOOD_TEMPLATE material template, but at least it works.

EDIT2: New brilliant idea of enchanted wood - add different syndromes to any enchanted wood. Say, enchanted featherwood will destroy undeads in one strike, blood thorn causes bleeding, an so on... Just need a table what syndromes would suit their trees - so, off to study celtic legends!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:09:26 am by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19