Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686934 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #3225 on: January 12, 2017, 05:06:18 pm »

What's the scientific or scientifically-sounding term for "is easily distracted by random stuff"?
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: January 12, 2017, 05:06:57 pm »

What's the scientific or scientifically-sounding term for "is easily distracted by random stuff"?

ADD

Attention deficit disorder.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: January 12, 2017, 06:30:24 pm »

ADD

You can also say "short attention span" if you want it to sound less medical.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 12, 2017, 07:05:32 pm »

ADD

You can also say "short attention span" if you want it to sound less medical.
I'd go with this one; it's a touchy subject to identify someone, including yourself, as having ADD, unless they've actually been diagnosed by a doctor.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: January 12, 2017, 09:21:00 pm »

Hey now, having AD(H)D isn't so bad, you get dexies which you can then re-sell to the non-afflicted for recreational purposes!
Yeah, I had a housemate who did that in my previous clusterfuck of a sharehouse. He'd sell his meds and go fully manic and start various DIY projects on the house. Fun times.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: January 13, 2017, 02:32:48 am »

So did PETA and other similar protests really take down the Fur Industry and kill its popularity because it was considered cruel?

I am starting to get the impression that what actually killed it is that they are FREEKEN EXPENSIVE, expensive to clean, wear out quickly, and are basically asking to get dirty.

All the while fake alternatives were becoming cheaper and better looking.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 13, 2017, 02:35:16 am »

You're probably right, but the bad PR couldn't have helped. It's like the vegetarians created by Super Size Me and Food Inc. Not fatal to the industry, but a noted malus.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: January 13, 2017, 12:13:23 pm »

This is sort of a niche question, but what the hell.

You know these headsets that you stick your smartphone in and they are sort of like VR glasses? Do you people by chance know if there is a simplistic internet browser for these things? Like, just a regular mobile browser, but locked in landscape and forced splitscreen?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:23 pm »

This look like a browser specifically for VR website, but it might work for standard website.

Can't get it to work right, no reaction whatsoever to any motion of the phone.
Thanks anyway. I'm currently going through various apps from Google Play, hopefully there is at least one that does what I want.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: January 13, 2017, 06:33:22 pm »

Are you asking about the samsung vr or something else?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 14, 2017, 04:14:44 am »

I'm using VR Box 2.0 with Asus Zenfone 3 Max
Sigs

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: January 14, 2017, 04:35:08 am »

Long story short, I live an apartment building and the person below me is running their TV at a reasonable volume but at unreasonable times (like, for the entire night, they're probably falling asleep at midnight or 1AM and leaving it on till they wake up).

ANYWAY, would leaving a note come across as passive aggressive?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: January 14, 2017, 04:48:04 am »

Long story short, I live an apartment building and the person below me is running their TV at a reasonable volume but at unreasonable times (like, for the entire night, they're probably falling asleep at midnight or 1AM and leaving it on till they wake up).

ANYWAY, would leaving a note come across as passive aggressive?

If the tone of the note is not demanding, it shouldn't come across as such, I think.
But mind, there is always a chance of running into an unreasonable person.

EDIT:
Re: VR Internet Browsing
Found a solution. Basically a program/app duo that projects video feed of your PC onto your smartphone so you can use it in VR headgear, either via USB cable (faster) or through Wi-Fi.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:20:37 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: January 15, 2017, 03:41:17 pm »

Is there a term for someone who is patriotic to a fault?
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 637