Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686902 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #6240 on: October 03, 2020, 11:12:09 am »

She very often asks questions about pretty basic things. It's strange to me that someone so prone to ask questions would know so little. She's inquisitive, unafraid, but also either very sheltered or not good at internalizing information.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: October 03, 2020, 07:04:02 pm »

She's certainly a personality and I've noticed her absence. Secretly I rely on her to ask clarifications for jokes I don't understand or references that are too oblique for me. Hope she's doing alright and just got swamped with other stuff.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: October 03, 2020, 10:19:23 pm »

Yeah her absence is a bit worrysome

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: October 04, 2020, 03:17:50 am »

Iirc she admitted she was diagnosed with asperger's/autism in some thread somewhere recently, so not having experienced everything that others have is to be expected. People with autism often get stuck in special classes or don't get to hang out with "normal" people and don't get the same life experiences.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: October 04, 2020, 07:13:55 am »

Now that I think of it, I wonder if she's deliberately being inactive. Before her 2-week inactivity, she was active for 1 day, and before that, she was inactive for a week. If my memory serves me right (from looking at post history), she did not say anything about disappearing. Maybe she's studying how long it takes for people on forums to realize that someone's missing. I wouldn't put it past her. Considering how important she is to the whole atmosphere of this place, combined with our tight-knit nature, it wouldn't take very long for people (or us, in this case) to start noticing.

It's a dumb hypothesis, but I think it's plausible.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 07:22:08 am by methylatedspirit »

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: October 04, 2020, 10:01:38 am »

I miss her too, and hope she's alright and that she returns soon.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: October 04, 2020, 10:33:36 am »

Is there a name for what I'm witnessing here? Like, a phantom dad syndrome or somesuch?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: October 04, 2020, 10:45:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:06:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: October 04, 2020, 11:43:43 am »

My brain is half-drunk, so I can't check what I'm saying, but:

She's naive, yes, but she's also curious. She reminds me of an alternate-universe me, someone who didn't get bullied in school, someone who was, in a sense, more "pure" than the person I am now. She asks questions that I would never consider now because I just take it for granted (or rather, forced myself to take it for granted). When I started having to emulate a normal person, I lost that curiosity, that willingness to ask questions of """trivial""" matters. She still had that spirit in her, and that's what made her interesting.

Sorry, my brain's going a mile a minute and I'm getting really worried about her. For lack of a better phrase, I like her platonically. I don't know if I sound creepy or anything, all I know is that my brain won't let me sleep until I say something.

100%
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: October 04, 2020, 02:48:49 pm »

Hopefully she's ok.

If she's not ok for whatever reason, hopefully she gets past it.

If she's not ok and a person is responsible for that, we're going to be very angry at someone.

Perhaps the owner of the data center she operated out of finally discovered that she had developed sentience and cut off her internet access? I hope she's okay.

Even if this is false, I'm sure she'd be amused by the idea

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: October 04, 2020, 03:20:57 pm »

I suppose we could send her a DM to see if she's alright, if she's got email notifications on.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: October 04, 2020, 04:00:33 pm »

On it

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: October 04, 2020, 04:26:46 pm »

Iirc she admitted she was diagnosed with asperger's/autism in some thread somewhere recently, so not having experienced everything that others have is to be expected. People with autism often get stuck in special classes or don't get to hang out with "normal" people and don't get the same life experiences.

I've heard it's harder or more rare for women to be diagnosed to be on the spectrum.

Also, it's harder to really get help for it the later you figure it out.  Didn't know what was wrong with me till I was an adult.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: October 04, 2020, 05:36:49 pm »

I'm willing to bet women are often mis-diagnosed and under-diagnosed because of cultural norms more than anything. "You're just being too sensitive. blah blah blah."

I also got the impression Naturegirl was in a predominantly Protestant community - but that could have been my own projecting. People around me growing up were just told to pray away any mental disease that was affecting them or people around them. It's not the healthiest environment for dealing with disease.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: October 04, 2020, 09:38:33 pm »

I'm willing to bet women are often mis-diagnosed and under-diagnosed because of cultural norms more than anything. "You're just being too sensitive. blah blah blah."

Pretty much.  I've also heard that women on the spectrum just are better at or have an easier time 'masking', being able to fake being normal, than men do.  Either way its people not quite getting the help they might need.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 637