Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691564 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #8445 on: August 13, 2022, 06:30:23 pm »

It's moved to discord, and it's invite only now.

I can ask if you can get pulled in, probably?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: August 13, 2022, 07:54:32 pm »

« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 10:12:44 pm by alway »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: August 15, 2022, 06:57:00 am »

I tend to avoid FG&RP, so personally very little, but it's a neat concept.

... actually following through on it sounds like something that would end in very literal fire, though. The forum equivalent of "Twitch plays gardening" sounds like it should probably be classified as an act of domestic terror, or some kind of war crime.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: August 15, 2022, 01:53:26 pm »

I vote we allocate the outer perimeter of the garden for growing gympie-gympie plants as a defensive measure. The ones which on contact cause a horrible sting that lasts months.

Maybe we can also breed Venus fly traps to be large enough to fit humans.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: August 15, 2022, 02:02:40 pm »

Aren't that many people around here nowadays so the 'idea workshop' threads tend to be overlooked.
My thoughts? Just post the game and see if anyone bites
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: August 15, 2022, 02:27:00 pm »

Seems like more of a personal projects or play with your friends (garden LP!) thing than a forum game anyways.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: August 15, 2022, 05:10:30 pm »

SG: suggestion garden
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: August 15, 2022, 05:13:34 pm »

Seems like more of a personal projects or play with your friends (garden LP!) thing than a forum game anyways.
The only problem is that I don't have friends who care about gardening, unless I start growing anime. And I am a big attention whore kind of really want to do this, even if it's unconventional.
I mean those two subforums rather than FGRP. I don't think that roleplayers will be super interested in a gardening blog.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: August 15, 2022, 06:04:32 pm »

Keep us informed vcd if you do happen to make the post.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: August 15, 2022, 09:21:36 pm »

My friend is an avid botanist/animal husbander/amateur ecoterrorist. He could give you some great suggestions for the garden, through me.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 09:23:07 pm by bloop_bleep »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: August 16, 2022, 04:48:55 am »

I'd be interested in a make a garden game and my first suggestion is for claymore mines to be hidden through out it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: August 16, 2022, 04:22:00 pm »

The only problem is that I don't have friends who care about gardening, unless I start growing anime. And I am a big attention whore kind of really want to do this, even if it's unconventional.
I mean those two subforums rather than FGRP. I don't think that roleplayers will be super interested in a gardening blog.
Oh fiddlesticks, I completely misinterpreted your point. But yes, I think you're correct, I've thought of ways to make it more "palatable" and "gamey" like making it into a choose your own adventure sort of deal, a team game or incorporate RP or a story but I think that might be aiming too high, maybe it'll just be a personal project for now and if I can come up with a fun format I'll try it out.

Maybe try asking about interest in our gardening thread? You might be more likely to find people in the overlap of personal interests that you need that way than in general FGRP.

I think it's a great idea for what it's worth, we just don't have big numbers right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: August 16, 2022, 04:41:51 pm »

I posted an idea for a game on FG but it got ignored :(
Maybe the idea sucked, but it got no feedback, maybe I should take the message and drop it, but I'm gonna ask here.
How interested would you be in designing and affecting the development of a real garden?

Your mistake is that you forgot to use the words "risky" and/or "venture" and/or AR (Arms Race).  Just say you have an idea for a game where the players are competing to develop a garden, and you'll have a winner.  Bonus points if you can make a map or something.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: August 21, 2022, 09:35:04 am »

I've just found out that the US uses PEMDAS for order of operations, while I learned BIDMAS.

So now I'm left questioning, what's the accepted order of operations for multiplication/division? Or are they of equal weight and you do them in order of how they appear in the equation?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: August 21, 2022, 09:59:29 am »

It doesn't matter which you do first, so whatever suits your fancy.
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 638